Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City 4/19/95: Stop the Charade now!

Thanks

Default Re: Oklahoma City 4/19/95: Stop the Charade now!

i think my ex turned them in. not sure what punishment they received. thanks for the link. i guess if i wanted to know what types of things are considered "secret" i should have joined the NSA or some branch of the military.

Thanks

Well... if you read the definitions I left, and the Wiki on that information you can surmise a lot.

Basically though, things that might be considered classified in various levels would be capabilities, vulnerabilities, numbers of troops, how something works (technology for instance) and plans to things like weapons systems.

Also... you might think about how WE get information, collect intelligence. If we give away our sources, the sources could be caught, killed or perhaps even worse (What's worse than being killed? Loss of your country)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

RDR: Murrah bombing survivor says feds involved in blast that killed 168 in '95

By Andrew W. Griffin - April 19, 2010 11:37 AM

By Andrew W. Griffin
    Red Dirt Report, editor
    Posted: April 19, 2010

reddirtreporter@gmail.com

OKLAHOMA CITY – While Oklahoma and the rest of the world respectfully remembers the 168 people who died in the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah federal building here in Oklahoma City, one survivor of the April 19, 1995 blast, Jane Graham, wants her questions about what really happened that day answered once and for all.

Graham, a native of Chicago who was working for the HUD office on the ninth floor of the Murrah building that morning told Red Dirt Report that there was a lot of strange things going on in the weeks leading up to the bombing, things that she shared numerous times with federal agents, things she felt were ignored. This included the presence of maintenance workers she did not recognize, military people in the parking garage and more unusual activity.

But one of the key figures – the bomber himself – Timothy McVeigh, was spotted in the federal building on a number of occasions.

“It was a couple of weeks before the bombing. I had seen McVeigh in the building prior to the bombing, around the first week of April.”

McVeigh, Graham said, rode up in an elevator with her while she was heading to her office one morning.

“He was in military fatigues,” Graham told Red Dirt Report. “I looked at him and said ‘hi’ and he simply looked straight ahead. He got off on the sixth floor. I turned to someone else on the elevator and said, ‘Well, he’s certainly not very friendly.”

Another time, Graham said, he was in the elevator again and got off on the ninth floor, where the Secret Service and BATF offices were located.

Another unusual event, Graham recalled, was on Friday April 14, 1995.

She said she parked in the Murrah parking garage and she noticed three men standing together on the south side of the parking area. One of the men was holding what looked like floor plans. She said at first she thought about the recent phone problems that had been plaguing the building and problems with gas fumes in the area.

“I watched them carefully,” Graham said. “They were standing behind a light green station wagon, like an old Country Squire wagon. It was filthy and I couldn’t see the plate on it.”

As she watched the three men, one of whom was wearing dark clothing and two wearing short sleeves and jeans, one of the men held a sack and “a roll of what appeared to be telephone wire.”

“They were watching me and I was watching them,” she said, noting that the tall man – “a good looking man,” as Graham described him – walked to the north side of the lot. She said she thought this man was Andreas Strassmeir, known as “Andy the German,” a German white supremacist linked with the bombing and the racist Elohim City compound out in Adair County.

Graham said the other two men “looked like military.” They had that military bearing, she said.

Fast-forward to the day before the bombing, Graham said she was running late to work and as she came downstairs she ran into two men in General Services Administration uniforms, one of whom was older and was asking the other man “how does this work?”

She did not recognize these men and thought their presence curious.

She also said she was approached by a man who identified himself as a “CIA agent” who wanted to know about the men. She also said Trish Nix, one of the 168 victims, had allegedly asked Graham if she had “seen the bomb squad” outside, noting they were in the parking lot of the nearby Catholic Church.

“No, I haven’t seen them,” Graham said she responded. Graham said Nix then said, “I think they’re in the building.”

Graham said she went on to a Windows ’95 computer training meeting and that once she got settled is when all hell broke loose.

“Everybody beneath your desk, it’s an earthquake,” Graham said the class was told.

“I thought, ‘this is not an earthquake,’ Graham recalls thinking. “The next thing I knew, was a huge explosion. I felt the floor rise up underneath me. I looked up in the air and could see the roof suspended in the sky. Then there was black dust and it smelled like sulfur … a lady next to men and another men said ‘we’ve got to get out of here.’”

Disoriented, Graham said the smoke was thick and black. She managed to make her way out of the building, all the while thinking of the children in the day care center located in the building.

“I told someone, ‘The children in the day care, we’ve got to get them out.’” But Graham was told to keep on moving on out of the building and told to go to Robinson street.

Graham said the rest of the day she was in a daze. She was trying to get help and later get cleaned up because she felt as if she had fiberglass all over her body.

Graham said a post office employee, who worked at the post office across the street from the Murrah building, told her that “the bomb detail with dogs” had been patrolling the area near the building.

However, this worker, Graham said, was warned not to talk about what she sad or she would lose her post office job.

One thing the postal worker told Graham is that McVeigh and “John Doe 2” had been in the post office.

Graham said that as a survivor and one with information, she wanted to help the investigators have as much information as possible. But as she shared her story, about the fatigue-wearing McVeigh figure, the mysterious men inside the Murrah building and in the parking garage, she was largely ignored if it did not follow the official story involving McVeigh and the Ryder truck bomb.

“I was stonewalled,” Graham said. “No one wanted me to draw a picture, take a look at a picture or describe him.”

Added a clearly frustrated Graham: “Never to this day did I hear from anyone.”

Graham said her co-workers who survived largely don’t want to believe the government was involved in the bombing.

Graham, meanwhile, has her strong suspicions about the government and their complicity. She said her father was the secretary-treasurer of the AFL-CIO labor organization in Chicago and when he was asked if he wanted to lead the group, he said he would have more influence controlling the funds.

“It’s all about power and control,” Graham said, adding, “This has nothing to do with a foreign government. I am utterly convinced the ATF and the FBI are involved in the bombing of that building.”

She said they will not admit complicity mainly because “they don’t want to open themselves up to a liability suit.”

Copyright 2010 West Marie Media

------------------------------------------------------------------

Many Militia Groups Scale Back, Distance Themselves From McVeigh

Other Web sites carry photos of a Ryder truck parked at a military installation in Oklahoma, where conspiracy-minded investigators contend the fertilizer bomb was assembled. The Oklahoma National Guard confirmed Friday that the aerial photos were indeed taken above Camp Gruber in the fall of 1994 and said the classified project involved weapons sensors and was overseen by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency.

The National Guard’s statement said the truck “had no association whatsoever with the tragedy at the Alfred P. Murrah Building.” Sgarlatti, a member of the non-armed Citizens for a Constitutional Minnesota, does not buy the official line. “I don’t believe McVeigh was the mastermind in doing all of the tragic stuff that occurred. If he’s killed, of course, the answers are going to go to the grave with him.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dick Morris Reveals Info: Janet Reno Told President Clinton

"If You Don't Appoint Me, I'm Gonna Tell The Truth About Waco"

Dick Morris on Foxnews Hannity: "It's never been said before"

Dick Morris Reveals Bombshell on Waco and Janet Reno

Then President Bill Clinton was not going to appoint Attorney General Janet Reno to another 4 year term, Reno responded...
    Morris: "You must understand what was Timothy McVeigh's motivation, God knows what's going on in that crazy head of his but there is some speculation, and he himself had said. that it was the reaction of the Waco takeover and Bill Clinton orchestrated that takeover and in fact was so ashamed of what he did in Waco that he not gonna appoint Janet Reno to a second 4 year term and she told him in a meeting right before the inauguration day for his new term, that if you don't appoint me, I'm gonna tell the truth about Waco and that forced Clinton's hand in reappointing her"

Hannity: "I don't remember you telling this story before"

Morris: "No, it's never been said before. I think that President Clinton might want to examine his own connection with the Oklahoma City bombing in terms of Waco, before he starts accusing people in walkers and wheelchairs who are trying to keep their medicare of being provocateurs"

Hannity: "Wait a minute, so what was the truth about Waco that Reno threatened to use against him?

Morris: "I have no idea, but I know that he told me, Clinton told me that I couldn't not appoint Reno because she would have turned on me over Waco"

http://hotairpundit.blogspot.com/201...anet-reno.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Morris: "I have no idea, but I know that he told me, Clinton told me that I couldn't not appoint Reno because she would have turned on me over Waco"

I personally have doubts the government did anything to cause anything at OKC. Waco is a different story altogether. Clinton had his hands deep in that and I suspected it the first day. Proving it is a different story.

Unless someone with real, personal knowledge comes forward about both of those things and admits it, I'm not going with conspiracy theory.

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote:

I think Morris does have an idea...he just doesn't want to be the one responsible for releasing the information.

Plus he wants to stay in good health, along with his family.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Morris has said a lot of things that might get him turned into kemshe....
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Saturday, February 5, 2011
    Documents Show FBI Warned Of Murrah Bombing

By Jerry Bohnen/NewsRadio 1000 KTOK

The federal government attempted in 2005 to reach a deal with bomber Terry Nichols to take the death penalty off the table in his Oklahoma murder trial if he admitted to making a warning phone call to the FBI the day before the 1995 bombing, according to new documents released under the Freedom of Information Act.

The documents were released to Jesse Trentadue, the Salt Lake City attorney who's been in a 15-year fight with the federal government to prove his brother, Kenneth Trentadue, was mistakenly beaten to death during an FBI interrogation because he closely resembled a man who ran with Tim McVeigh in robbing banks.

They also corroborate Nichols' claims that the government tried to get him to admit to making an April 18, 1995 phone call to the FBI warning of the bombing. Nichols claimed he knew nothing of the call.

"What that indicates to me, there is a record somewhere of that phone call and the FBI needs to explain it," said Trentadue in an interview with KTOK News. "If the call was from one of their informants with McVeigh, clearly, they had knowledge of the bombing and didn't stop it."

The attempt to reach a deal with Nichols occurred in 2005 as he was held in the Oklahoma County jail in Oklahoma City.

Nichols was visited by an attorney named Michael Selby who claimed he was working 'off the books' in representing the federal government.

Selby promised the federal government would make sure its agents would not testify and support the state of Oklahoma's efforts in pushing for the death penalty if he agreed to three things.

The first would be to admit he made the telephone call to the FBI warning of the bombing.

"This was the first I had ever heard of such a telephone call having made made," said Nichols in an affidavit filed recently in Utah U.S. District court.

"And I told Mr. Selby that as well as the fact that I had not made that telephone call."

The second demand from the government was to implicate his brother, James Nichols, which Nichols refused to do.

The third demand was to reveal the location of a box of explosives taken from the home of Arkansas gun dealer Roger Moore. Nichols refused to comply because he said he knew Moore's fingerprints would be on the box and he wanted to keep the materials out of the hands of the FBI.

"He was fearful the FBI would come into possession of it and then no one would ever know who else was involved," explained Trentadue. "And his fears proved true because the FBI apparently found out about the box of explosives hidden in the basement (of the Nichols home) and got the box."

The explosives were discovered in 2005 in the crawl space of the Herington, Kansas home where Nichols had lived. The discovery came 10 years after Nichols' arrest and following a search of his home by federal agents in 1995. The explosives were not destroyed until 2008 by the FBI.

FBI documents given to Trentadue reveal fingerprints of McVeigh and Nichols were found on the box along with others whose names were redacted by the government.

The hidden box contained three hand flares, a coiled length of red fuse, 3 tear smoke CN grenades, hundreds of detonators, 52 Primadet detonator systems and a book about homemade detonators and another called 'The Poisoner's Handbook."

The fingerprints of Terry Nichols were found on the materials. So were fingerprints of an individual whose name was redacted by the FBI. Hair samples were also studied by experts at the FBI laboratory in Quantico, Virginia. They were found not to be from McVeigh and Nichols and two other names that were redacted.

In reviewing the newly-found evidence, the FBI resubmitted materials taken from the Dreamland Motel in Junction City, Kansas as well as fingernail scrapings from Tim McVeigh.

And the laboratory resubmitted pubic hair samples from an individual whose name was redacted in the documents. Trentadue believes the government was desperate to reach the box before Nichols could make its location known to Homeland Security rather than the FBI. The attorney says it would have shown others were involved as government informants in the bombing conspiracy.

"When you look at these documents, that this was being monitored, this search for the box of explosives at the highest levels within the Department of Justice, right up to and include the White House I think, I mean, this wasn't your local FBI office handling this. This was being run right out of the main justice n Washington D.C."

The dozens of pages of FBI memos, complete with redacted names, reflect how the FBI interviewed Nichols in the spring of 2005 in Denver, Colorado. During the interviews, Nichols claimed he knew the identity of the 'John Doe Two' but refused to reveal the name for fear his family would be harmed.

"Nichols advisted John Doe #2's name had not been mentioned during the investigation and, as a result, he feared for his and his family's well being should it becomg public," wrote an agent.

Nichols made other admissions in an April 28, 2005 interview with the FBI.

"Nichols revealed the location of a rifle which he also stole from (redacted) and hid in a river bank near Herington, Kansas. He deposited McVeigh's Arizona license plate in a river north of Herington," stated the documents.

The same document explained Nichols told agents his family had no knowledge of the Oklahoma City bombing and 'there was no plan for a second bombing'.

"FBI Kansas City recovered a .50 caliber rifle from a river bank near Herington, Kansas from information provided during the Nichols interview," stated the document dated June 17, 2005 and sent to the FBI Director's office from Squad 12 located in Denver. The names of the agent authors were redacted.

Nichols was interviewed again in May, 2005 and Nichols 'stated he had no knowledge about McVeigh's involvement in any bank robberies'. Nichols also claimed he had no knowledge of any foreign terrorists or organizations in the Oklahoma City bombing.

The issue of the Arizona license plate raises some questions. It reportedly was the tag on the Mercury Marquise driven by Tim McVeigh when he fled Oklahoma City minutes after the bombing of the Murrah building. Witnesses claimed they saw it hanging by one screw.

Within days, the FBI had conducted a massive ground search by law officers on foot and horseback along I-35 leading out of Oklahoma City. The tag was never reportedly found. When McVeigh was stopped by Highway Patrolman Charlie Hangar on I-35 near Perry, his car had no license plate. That was the reason for the traffic stop. Yet Nichols maintained in the 2005 interview with FBI agents he tossed the license plate into a river near Herington, Kansas.

Trentadue says Nichols told him he discovered the car tag in a storage unit in Herington and discarded it.

The FBI documents also show how agents would not allow Nichols to be alone with Congressman Dana Rohrbacher (R-CA) who interviewed him in 2005 in the U.S. Penitentiary Administrative Maximum prison in Florence, Colorado.

It is Trentadue's belief that Nichols intended to tell the congressman the identity of John Doe Two, but Nichols would not do so in the presence of the FBI agents.

The matter of the government's attempted deal with Nichols was first brought to KTOK's attention after his state murder trial in McAlester where he was convicted and given life in prison.

A court-appointed defense attorney for Nichols, prior to his murder trial, was Rod Uphoff who was present during the meetings with the government intermediary, Michael Selby. Uphoff could only vaguely verify the meetings at the time, saying he was still bound by attorney-client relations and would need the release of Terry Nichols.

As for Jesse Trentadue, he will continue his battle with the FBI and the Department of Justice to learn more of the truth of the Oklahoma City bombing.

"My quest is to prove my brother was murdered because he was mistaken for one of the participants in the bombing," he vowed. "Once I'm able to prove there were others, including Richard Lee Guthrie who my brother was mistaken for, that gives me the motive for why my brother was murdered."

His brother was found dead in the summer of 1995 in a cell at the Oklahoma City Federal Corrections Institute. A controversial investigation led to a State Medical Examiner's conclusion that Kenneth Trentadue committed suicide but the M-E later said he had been coerced by federal agents into making that determination.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Redacted Agents... to protect the guilty.

So... McVey was a slime ball and so was Nichols, whom both were easily swayed and eventually were able to set this up. They were assisted by government agents in my opinion - not unlike the Muslim guys are currently claiming (being led right up to the bombing, and then being arrested moments before they do something)....

But in this case, it was helpful for the administration under Clinton to have a bogey man.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'm sure those guys weren't alone. But I think they were connected to some Muslim group that hasn't come forward. I suspect it was a test for the World Trade Center.

But I seriously doubt the government did it.

Now they might have had some intelligence they forgot to share, with everyone but themselves. Seems to me there were a lot of government folks "off work" that day for some reason.

Of course the US Secret Service office in that building lost people - because they didn't get the Intel.

I spent quite a bit of time in the building putting up antennas for the USSS. I hoped that the old security guard who was there was well retired by then when it happened. A nice old man who was probably 72... but it had been a few years since I was there last (86 or 87, I forget) so he was probably retired by then.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Judge wants FBI to explain possibly missing Oklahoma City bombing videotapes

Published: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:22 p.m. MDT
    By Dennis Romboy, Deseret News

15 comments

SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake attorney's dogged pursuit of videotapes associated with the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing that he believes the FBI has withheld from the public gained momentum from a federal judge Wednesday.

U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups ruled Jesse Trentadue raised enough questions that he wants the government to explain why it hasn't searched all possible databases and evidence rooms where the tapes might be stored. He posed a list of questions he wants the FBI to answer by June 30.

"It's crucial that they don't deny they exist, only that 'we can't find them. Trust us,'" Trentadue said after the hearing.

At issue is whether the FBI adequately responded to Trentadue's Freedom of Information Act request for footage of Timothy McVeigh parking a truckload of explosives at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building on April 19, 1995. Specifically, Trentadue is after Murrah Building surveillance tape and dashcam video from the Oklahoma state trooper who stopped McVeigh 90 minutes after the deadly explosion.

"They can't just say we looked and looked really hard and we can't find it," Trentadue told the judge.

But Department of Justice attorney Kathryn Wyer said the FBI conducted a reasonable search of files where the records were likely to be stored and provided him 30 videotapes and 200 documents. She said he has no evidence that there is more, calling it "mere speculation."

Trentadue contends the FBI acted in bad faith and is concealing videotapes from the bombing, demonstrating a "pattern and practice of deception."

Waddoups appeared troubled by a recent California case in which a judge condemned the FBI records management chief for intentionally misleading the court about the existence of certain government documents. That same manager is involved in the Trentadue case.

"The point is the indexing system has a gap in it," the judge said.
    Wyer said there's no indication that the agency has a "nefarious, secret record-keeping system."

Trentadue began looking into the bombing after his brother, Kenneth Trentadue, died at the Oklahoma City Federal Transfer Center in August 1995. Kenneth Trentadue was a convicted bank robber who was taken to the federal prison after violating probation in San Diego in June 1995.

Jesse Trentadue alleges guards mistook his brother for a bombing suspect and beat him to death during an interrogation. The official cause of death was listed as suicide. But when the body was returned to the Trentadue family, it was covered with blood and bruises that Jesse Trentadue contends could have only come from a beating.

The family obtained a $1 million judgment after a federal judge in Oklahoma found the government intentionally inflicted emotional distress on family members by withholding information about Kenneth Trentadue's death.

Jesse Trentadue believes the government has fought hard to conceal the results of the death investigation because it might contain a cover-up reaching to the top ranks of the Justice Department.

He also said he believes the surveillance tape could shed light on why his brother was treated as a suspect. He says it will show another suspect at the building that day who bears a striking resemblance to his brother. That man also died in federal custody.

"There's nothing noble about me," Trentadue said. "I just think the American public has a right to know. They kept an ugly secret for 16 years."

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Utah judge orders FBI to help provide more info on Oklahoma City bombing
    The Associated Press

First published May 11 2011 10:16AM
    Updated May 12, 2011 09:54AM

In this April 19, 1995 file photo, an Oklahoma City fireman walks near explosion-damaged cars on the north side of the Alfred Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City after a car bomb blast. More than 600 people were injured in the attack and 168 people were killed. Timothy McVeigh was executed in 2001 and Terry Nichols is serving multiple life sentences on federal and state convictions for their convictions in the bombing. (AP Photo/The Daily Oklahoman, Jim Argo, File)

A federal judge in Utah on Wednesday ordered the FBI to produce more information about its record-keeping in response to an inquiry by a man who contends unreleased video and other records from the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing will show more people were involved in the attack.

U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups said he believes Salt Lake City attorney Jesse Trentadue has raised valid questions about whether the agency has done enough to find a pair of videotapes sought as part of a Freedom of Information Act request.

Waddoups also wants to know whether bureau officials believe they can conceal information from the public and the courts and ordered a Department of Justice attorney to detail how difficult it would be for the FBI to manually search for the records in evidence control centers in Oklahoma City, Washington, D.C., and at an FBI crime lab.

Waddoups, who set a June 30 deadline for government attorneys, wants the information before deciding whether the FBI has complied with federal freedom of information laws in Trentadue’s case.

Trentadue sued the FBI and the CIA in 2008 seeking release of tapes and records from the fatal bombing at the Alfred P. Murrah Federal building.
    The lawsuit came two years after Trentadue first sought the information.
    In papers filed in U.S. District Court, Trentadue contends the FBI’s efforts to locate the information he wants have been inadequate, and he argues the bureau has failed to meet the requirements of the law that directs the release of government records.

Specifically, Trentadue is seeking surveillance tapes taken the morning of the bombing from exterior cameras on the Murrah building and dashboard camera video from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol’s arrest of Timothy McVeigh, who was later convicted of and executed for the bombing.

Trentadue asserts that the videos exist and will expose that others were involved in the terrorist attack that left 168 people dead.

On Wednesday, he told Waddoups he doesn’t believe the bureau had looked for the tapes in supplemental evidence files that are not tied to the official case files.

Department of Justice attorneys argue the case should be dismissed. They contend the relevant tapes and records either do not exist, have already been provided, can’t be located or are exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.

The FBI has provided Trentadue with 23 videotapes — including the dashboard video — and about 200 documents in response to his request, the government’s attorney, Kathryn Wyer said Wednesday.

Wyer said the bureau has met FOIA’s requirements and even conducted a manual search last year through evidence from the bombing that is stored in an Oklahoma City warehouse. That search turned up no additional records and to suggest that there is anything to find beyond that is “merely speculation,” by Trentadue, she said.

Wyer declined to comment after the hearing and referred The Associated Press to a Department of Justice spokesman in Washington, D.C.
    Trentadue’s inquiry into the bombing was prompted by the death of his brother, Kenneth Trentadue, at the Oklahoma City Federal Transfer Center in August of that year. Trentadue claims his brother, a convicted bank robber, was mistaken for a bombing suspect and beaten during an interrogation by officers. Trentadue says his dead brother was a close physical match for a bombing suspect and that the evidence he’s seeking from the FBI may prove that.

Officially, Kenneth Trentadue’s death is considered a suicide, but his body had 41 wounds and bruises that his brother believes were the result of a beating. A judge awarded the Trentadue family $1.1 million in damages for extreme emotional distress in the government’s handling of the death.

The CIA portion of Trentadue’s case, which also included requests for possible involvement of foreign nationals in the bombing, was dismissed by Judge Waddoups in March 2010. The agency declined to provide the records, citing information act exemptions and national security concerns, but provided the judge with affidavits summarizing their contents.

In his ruling, the judge said the CIA had provided credible evidence of why the information met the exemptions. The case was the first public acknowledgement the CIA played a role in the bombing investigation.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

A month or so back I heard that the Iraqi guy turned up somewhere. I think he may have been homeless, living on the streets.

Thanks

Oklahoma City bombing case file too massive to search, FBI tells Utah judge

Published: Friday, July 1, 2011 4:09 p.m. MDT
    By Geoffrey Fattah, Deseret News

SALT LAKE CITY — If there is previously undisclosed footage from the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the FBI's investigation case files are so massive, it would be impossible to find, a top FBI official told a Utah federal judge this week.

In a declaration filed in U.S. District Court, the FBI's top records manager, David M. Hardy, stated that his agency had conducted a reasonable search for video footage requested through a Freedom of Information Act by Salt Lake City attorney Jesse Trentadue.

From the archive

Due to past evidence that Hardy had provided false and misleading information to a court in another case, U.S. District Judge Clark Waddoups ordered Hardy to declare that he or any of the involved federal agents had not provided the court with incomplete or misleading information. Waddoups expressed concern about the previous unrelated case: "When the deception was revealed, the government argued that it had authority to mislead the court and requested an opportunity to brief the issue."

In his declaration, Hardy assured the court that he had not misrepresented information, nor had misled the court. Hardy went on to say that the FBI did what it could to search an electronic filing system of all files related to the Oklahoma City bombing investigation. "The OKBOMB investigation was one of the largest investigations in the FBI's history," Hardy wrote, adding because of the "urgency and magnitude" of the early days of the investigation, not every document was serialized. All evidence from the case was relocated to a warehouse containing about 450,000 pages of documents.

"A manual search of this material would be extremely time consuming and unprecedented in the history of the FBI FOIA program," Hardy stated.

That does not give much comfort to Trentadue, who for the past several years has gone up against several federal agencies in his quest to solve his brother's death. Trentadue's brother died in a federal detention center in Oklahoma. He believes federal agents beat his brother to death during an August 1995 interrogation — mistaking him for another man they were looking for, connected to the bombing.

Trentadue claims the FBI has surveillance footage from a police dashcam taken at the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City that shows the man who looks like his brother. His brother was living in California and had been picked up on a federal parole violation. He was then transported to Oklahoma City for processing.

Trentadue said he believes the FBI is continuing to hide evidence. Hardy told Waddoups that a manual search of the evidence files would take over a year and a half at an estimated rate of 800 pages a day.

"They are, in plain English, in contempt of the court's order," Trentadue said.

The FBI has repeatedly declined to comment, citing pending litigation.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

Companion Thread:

Attorney General Holder Tied to OKC Bombers

December 16, 2011

By The Staff at AFP

Eric Holder, current attorney general of the United States, managed an FBI operation that provided explosives to Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols just prior to the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995, according to official documents released during the ongoing investigation into government foreknowledge of the supposed terrorist attack.

According to the documentation provided in the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit brought against the Department of Justice by Salt Lake City attorney Jesse Trentadue, the Oklahoma City bombing had aspects of being an FBI sting operation that went out of control. Holder had authorized the FBI to provide explosives to Nichols and McVeigh, then lost track of both the explosives and their targets. McVeigh went on to detonate some of the explosives outside the federal building, an act that was designed to help anti-terrorism legislation pass Congress. But an additional case of explosives was unaccounted for.

After the bombing, when the FBI learned the location of the explosives, Holder reportedly sent emails to FBI agents ordering them to recover the explosives before they could be found by some other branch of the government. FBI agents failed to spot the additional, unexploded explosives during an initial search of Nichols’s home and offered to spare him the death penalty if he would help them recover them.

The case of explosives was, however, recovered by another law enforcement agency and was later determined to have the incriminating fingerprints of two FBI agents, as well as fingerprints of McVeigh and Nichols.

Shortly after the bombing, Kenneth Trentadue, a government informant, was murdered in his prison cell. His family has been pursuing legal action against the federal government ever since.

In 2001, in a bid to avoid a full release of documents, the Federal Bureau of Prisons paid a settlement of $1.1 million to several members of Trentadue’s family, but his brother refused to drop the investigation and filed a FOIA lawsuit for the missing documents. That suit has been ongoing in the Salt Lake City federal courthouse.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

If that is true, wow. This guy is truly beyond incompetent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    If that is true, wow. This guy is truly beyond incompetent.
    It goes way beyond incompetent. It goes towards manufacturing an agenda. This is highly criminal. This is murdering US citizens for an agenda: "get whitey"
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Ummm this is not "incompetence"... this was manipulation. If this is factual, then McVey was indeed "set up" for the scapegoat and if Holder had something to do with this, it was to get the Right to look bad.

Well, it worked for awhile.

It's time to remove this guy from office.

Does Congress have real, hard data on this?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

determined to have the incriminating fingerprints of two FBI agents, as well as fingerprints of McVeigh and Nichols.
    Really? Maybe this was "Terrorist #3" or whatever they were calling the guy.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Utah Attorney Wants Federal Government To Release OKC Bombing Surveillance Video

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 10:29 PM CST Updated: Jul 12, 2014 10:53 PM CST By Heather Hope, News 9 - bio | email

News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

OKLAHOMA CITY - Nearly 20 years after the Oklahoma City bombing, a new federal trial is taking place to determine if surveillance video taken from around the Murrah building from that day will be revealed.

For years, Utah attorney, Jesse Trentadue, has been fighting for information about his brother's suspicious death.
    He hopes this lawsuit will get to the bottom of what really happened that tragic day.

If there is never-before-seen surveillance video of the Oklahoma City bombing, Jesse Trentadue is working to get it.

In his latest lawsuit, Trentadue is requesting copies of the videotapes from more than 20 surveillance cameras surrounding the Murrah Federal Building, before the truck bomb went off that killed 168 people.

In an email, Trentadue sent News9 several documents, that he said he plans to use in federal court. It revealed an attorney representing an FBI agent, offered to sell a copy of the bombing surveillance footage for over $1 million dollars to an NBC Dateline producer.

Trentadue didn't want to speak before the trial, but News9 talked to local attorney David Slane to get his take.

"Here we are almost 20 years later after the Murrah bombing and we still haven't turned these over, and I think this is what leads to the conspiracy theories, I think that if the government has the tapes, and a judge says turn them over, I think that it might answer things once and for all," Slane said.

After Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols were named suspects in the bombing, Trentadue's brother Kenneth met the description of a third possible accomplice.

He was found hanged inside an OKC federal detention center in 1995. Trentadue's family believes he was murdered because he was mistakenly identified as a co-conspirator.

"It may bring in some new light, but it's most likely going to raise more and more questions if we get the tapes,” Slane said. “I think people need some closure to all this and not let it become the next John Kennedy assassination of trying to find a second shooter, Oklahomans deserve to know the answers.”

The FBI has previously stated there are no records of unreleased security recordings.

The trial is set to begin on July 28 in the U.S. District Court for the District of Utah in Salt Lake City

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

There are too unreleased videos. No records my ASS. I KNOW that building had recording cameras!
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information