Thread: Vintage Test Equipment

Thanks

Default Vintage Test Equipment

Name:  equipment.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  125.4 KB

I rebuilt some older test equipment to help in some upcoming projects thought I would share a few sources of help along my travels. From left to right is a Heathkit T3 signal tracer, Eico 324 RF generator, Eico 625 tube tester and a Eico 460 oscilloscope. These are all tube type operated equipment that all required the paper and electrolytic capacitors replaced. Alot of the 1/2 watt resistors needed some attention as well to bring it back into spec. Safety capacitors were added into the AC mains part of the circuit where old paper/wax type caps were located that if shorted would go to ground. I also replaced the 2 prong cords with 3 wire to add a chassis ground and maintain proper hot/neutral orientation when plugging into the receptacle.

I found a very good source for caps and resistors to rehab older equipment.
    http://www.justradios.com/

This seemed to be the first link always that came up when googling for prints and manuals.
    http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/

This a person (electrical engineer I believe) who seems to have some serious talent for older equipment......awesome source for knowledge.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bandersentv

Anyway thats all I can think of at this point will try and post some gut shot pics of the before and afters with the cap changes alot of fun doing this so far. I wanted the signal tracer to go along with a digital audio generator that I have for troubleshooting amps and guitar pedals. The rest was too good to pass this winter but now I am going to restore the wifes family radio from 40's I believe, that her dad used to sit and listen to as a kid. I thought it would be nice to bring life back to unit for him. Will probably lead to a discusting habit of audiophilia that I seem to have.

Thanks

Default Re: Vintage Test Equipment

Wish you would have told me you did that stuff just over a year ago. I gave AWAY a whole LOT of test gear. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Including that one RF generator second from the left. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

Though it would take me a bit of learnin' to make proper use of the equipment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by American Patriot View Post
    Wish you would have told me you did that stuff just over a year ago. I gave AWAY a whole LOT of test gear. lol

Oh that figures, I don't know why I never thought to ask. I will put this out there though if anyone has an old Zenith or Philco chairside radio or the Zenith robot dial that they want to sell I might be interested especially if it needs restored, not looking for anything mint.

Thanks

Man, I MISS doing that stuff

Maybe I will find some old tube stuff in the islands. I could make them work
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information