Thread: Worst Comic Book Adaptation, ever.

Thanks

Default Worst Comic Book Adaptation, ever.

Oh my. I can't believe someone actually put this out. I watched some of the 25 minute pilot. It's not even worthy of film students. Seriously, it's like what 8th graders would make...poor Miguel Ferrer, he's forever diminished by being part of this train wreck. Actually, it's not a train wreck, because those are exciting in their own horrific way. This is just the lamest piece of anything I think I've ever seen that was put out to be "good". Holy shit.

The girls look like Ice dancers, the guys look like they're going to Comic-Con...in bad outfits. The graphics..LOL. Lantern boy produces a chainsaw and Miguel Ferrer's character laughs and walks away. hehe. My gawd this is bad.

--------------

http://nerdist.com/1997-justice-leag...aptation-ever/

1997 JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA Pilot Is Maybe the Worst Comic Book Adaptation Ever

Posted by Eric Diaz on March 18, 2015

We live in a golden age of comic book adaptations, not just in movies, but now television as well, with shows like The Flash, Arrow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to name just a few. Shows like The Walking Dead even have the creators of the original comics involved in some of the creative process. So it’s easy to forget that not that terribly long ago, comic book television shows were considered bottom of the barrel, lucky to even get the low budget treatment for a syndicated show. Even the Justice League, currently one of the most anticipated comic book adaptations for the big screen ever, got the cheap-o treatment as a pilot for CBS back in 1997. Yup, that means that Batman and Robin actually wasn’t the worst comic book adaptation of 1997, there was something out there even worse.

The Justice League of America pilot is a perfect example of how NOT to do a comic to TV adaptation, taking elements and characters from the comics but changing them beyond recognizability. You’ve got a Green Lantern who is said to be Guy Gardner, but is wearing Kyle Rayner’s mask, but doesn’t remotely act like either character, a Flash who is Barry Allen I guess, even though there is nothing resembling any version of Barry ever portrayed. The list goes on: Fire and Ice, members from the great Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis run of the Justice League International comic, are here as well. There’s a half-assed attempt at evoking the comedy approach from that era of the comics, but it fails miserably. The costumes look like bad cosplay from a convention, not something you’d see in a big budget production. And the effects make Cleopatra 2525 look good.

I could go on and on about how bad this all is, but former JLA writer Mark Waid said it best, describing the pilot as “80 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.” So for you brave souls with morbid curiosity and all you appreciators of camp out there, check out a 24 minute version of the pilot below… and don’t say we didn’t warn you.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Default Re: Worst Comic Book Adaptation, ever.

Someone painted the shirt on the chick in green. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I mean, who thought it was a good idea to make "The Flash" FAT? The dude is porky!
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Atom looks like he's being played by Danny McBride.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Since when does the Green Lantern wear a blue outfit?
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Since he became the Blue Lantern, duh!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Is there nothing more unattractive on a woman than having her belt line at her belly button? Seriously, blue appears to be getting ready to get on the ice and do her dance routine.

Green looks like a Major Leaguer with the black shit under her eyes for the stadium lights.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I honestly thought those were supposed to be sagging sun glasses on Green. LOL
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I didn't know Atom had so much thigh fat that he ran splay legged.

Here are some folks from a convention...with better outfits.

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL! That does look fantastically bad.

Thread Information