Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2015-2016 Season

Thanks

Default Re: NFL 2015-2016 Season

AJ McCarron probably isn't "Franchise", but he is extremely solid. With the right tools around him he could certainly have a nice career. And Trust me... There are far worse backups to have out there. He'll get all the snaps with the first team this week and after holding his own fairly well last Sunday I'd say he should be ready. Whether or not that translates to a win I couldn't say. But I doubt he throws two picks this time. Imagine how nervous he had to be coming in for an injured Dalton. He was probably thinking he'd have a season or two at least to learn and grow. He'll need to find a way to connect with A.J. Green on a personal basis to really make a splash. And to be perfectly honest with that game, I think Marvin Lewis made some real questionable play choices in the second half. Not sure any of the Bengals players could have changed that.

I'd actually be really surprised if the Bengals lost to the 49ers. A win there should boost his confidence. Reminds me of Charlie batch; great backup that rarely lost a game the Steelers weren't already losing. I'll Bet you dollars to donuts that all the 3-10 teams wish they had McCarron right now. lol And even if the Bengals do lose I'm thinking it'll be by a single score.

The Steelers are in the same situation they were in 2005. Must win out and try to make the Superbowl from the 6th seed. We won the SB that year against Seattle, but the defense was a juggernaught. Now it's more like a Hippie picket line. /sigh The weird thing here is that now the Bengals are also looking at the 2005 situation and are likely to meet the Steelers in the first round of the playoffs. Back then you had a tremendous offense and so-so defense. Now your defense is top notch. It's like a total reverse of where those teams were that year other than placement. Should prove to be a very watched game if both teams carry through.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Ryan, Thought you might get a kick out of this. We recently just got a Black Lab/German Shepherd mix puppy. He's 10 weeks old and already weighs 25 pounds. My Oldest daughter has an Orange tiger striped cat also. The Cat always starts something with the pup and the pup quickly grabs him and pummels the snot out of him (at which time we have to save the cat) I thought about recording it and posting it in this forum titled as Steelers Vs. Bengals. lol
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahahaha!

A very good summation above by the way!

Thanks

I'd likely have thought about posting it even if the Bengals had won. lol Any chance to give a dig to your team you know...
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

But of course.

Thanks

LOL! Bengals really making the refs earn their paychecks today with checking some of these plays.

Thanks

BEAUTIFUL turnover for the Bengals!

Thanks

And BOOM!

Thanks

Wow. That's all I can really say about this Bengals-Broncos game.

Strong opening by the Bengals in the first half with a great showing by AJ McCarron.

Then the Bengals proceeded to give up the lead only to be given an unreal OT second chance by a shanked last second Broncos field goal that would have given them the game.

Bengals kept Denver to a FG in the OT period only to have McCarron miss a snap into a turnover giving Denver the win.

A flat out nail biter from start to finish.

With the way the Bengals were playing at the start they were making the points look easy and there's no reason they shouldn't have been able to carry that through the game.

I'm quickly getting the feeling this is going to be another single game post season...

Thanks

Marvin Lewis is well known in the NFL for shooting himself in the foot during the last weeks of the season and that's a shame. Cincy has one of the most talented teams currently in the NFL even with their backup QB currently at the helm. You'd think having briefly held the the #1 Seed, they'd have put more into their play. On Sunday's I'm a Steelers fan, but overall I'm always a football fan. I just don't get it. The Bronco game should have been a win as should the Steelers just before then. The Bengals have every weapon they need to dominate the AFC and yet they go into a tail spin when they need their team to come together the most. I can certainly feel your frustration on that loss. You'll still see them in the playoffs but they gave up a bye and home hosting for the entire playoffs. A.J. may not be Dalton but he's no slouch and has easily proven himself. So they can't even use the injury of their QB as an excuse. If Todd Haley (O.C. of the Steelers) entertains offers to HC I think Cincy should seriously consider a hard run at him.

Now as for the Steelers.... They may end up going 10-6 and still miss the playoffs. To be perfectly honest I don't really believe they deserve to be in the mix. They win against the meanest teams and lose to the lowliest ones. Mike Tomlin might find himself on the hot seat next season. I've heard him called a top 5 coach, but since Cowher's main team has left Tomlin hasn't done much to secure the legacy. Over rated in my opinion. Again; If Todd Haley entertains H.C. jobs, the Steelers front office should take a good look at him to replace Tomlin.

Unfortunately I think both teams will hold onto their respective coaches and Haley will likely end up in Philly or Miami. Real shame that. Both those teams would waste the talent if you ask me. I foresee a lot of missed Super Bowl chances in the Steelers and Bengals future if they don't make the switch.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    If Todd Haley (O.C. of the Steelers) entertains offers to HC I think Cincy should seriously consider a hard run at him.
    If the Bengals go one and done post season, most definitely.

That would put him at 0-7 post season.

I've thought for a while he should have been replaced but that would have to cement it. There would be no excusing it.

They win against the meanest teams and lose to the lowliest ones.
    Ha! I know that feeling!

Thanks

Well, today's game was an interesting wrap to the season. Seems like the season just got underway not that long ago, not 17 weeks ago!

First half was a real back and forth with neither team really doing much of anything. O Line wasn't giving McCarron much time to make anything happen.

Come the second half though, the Bengals put it in gear and managed to put up 17 unanswered points!

Was disappointed in all of the dropped potential INTs that were square in the hands of Bengals players (I think there were at least 4). Also disappointed in the stupid time management and 12 men on the field mistakes. Thankfully it just meant some wasted timeouts and not more but still, not a good thing when you could be in a situation where those timeouts matter a lot.

Oh, and thanks a ton San Diego! Sure could have used that first week bye to give Dalton some more time to heal up and not have to deal with the Steelers for a third time this season.

Thanks

The Steelers would need to win against the AFC's 3 toughest teams to make it to the Super Bowl. (As I doubt KC makes it past one of the top 2 seeds). Pittsburgh is able to beat all three as has been proven this season. And as has also been proven this season, they are quite capable of choking. I see the Bengal's game as a 50/50 push since they have the same problem as the Steelers in win loss non-sense. Steelers winning against Denver is less likely as I doubt they'll let Pittsburgh run over them again. New England Cheatriots? Big Ben never seems to do well with them. Doubt the Steelers make it that far honestly. Right now I see Carolina and Denver in the SB, but one never knows how the Pats will cheat to get in lol. If Carolina gets in relatively healthy I think they win it no matter which team they play. Other than the Super Bowl, I think the Steelers Bengals game could end up the most watched post season game this year. Should be brutal. (and hopefully clean this time).

Next season will be rougher for the Steelers even though their schedule should be a bit easier. I really think once the Steelers are done in the playoffs some team out there will snap up Todd Haley. Not the Bengals though... Not smart enough An early prediction though... If Cincy cans Lewis and brings in a proven coach I'd expect to see the team in the AFC title game next season. They have almost every element for it, and a good draft would shore up their weaker areas. They should get Sean McDermott if possible. Great fit for their team if you ask me.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

I have been reading a lot of sports news that say the Steelers will likely beat the Bengals in the playoffs. So... Congratulations on your win! As a good friend of mine I'll route for the Bengals to make it to and win the Super Bowl should you actually win Saturday. (Which I think is a pretty good chance)
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Haha! I've seen some of that too and thought the same thing.

Then again, I never underestimate the Bengals' penchant to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Thanks

Well, fuck me sideways.

I don't even have any words for that except, enjoy your post season Brian.

One and done for the Bengals again.

Thanks

Wow. Where do I even begin... That was absolutely the worst football game I've ever seen. Oh it was good when they actually were playing, but damn... First Steelers Line Coach should be fined heavily for putting his hands on Reggie Nelson. Nelson didn't do anything wrong from what I could tell, but even if he did, there is no excuse for a coach behaving that way. The refs were already penalty heavy on both teams because of the last match up. You'd think Marvin Lewis would have had better control over his nut job defensive back. 55 should not only be out of the NFL, I'm not sure the guy should be in society. He's totally nuts. Doesn't care what it costs him or his team and unlike most dirty players he doesn't even try to hide his behavior. I truly believe he's batshit crazy. And now Marvin Lewis could be fired or on the hot seat because of that guy. I genuinely like Marvin Lewis... But he attracts some of the most destructive players to his team. Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmanzata or however it's spelled, Pac Man Jones (which in all fairness he knew about ahead of time), and Now Burfect. Those last two gave the Steelers the win. Outright. No two ways about it. The hit 55 put on Brown was the most intentionally dirty play I'd ever seen in the NFL in over 40 years. And Jones... Seriously? lay hands on a ref? OMG. Back to back no less which led to the easiest field goal for a win I've ever seen.

Ugly game. And if I'm owner of the Bengals; I'm seriously considering a huge change on roster and staff. Hell they even infected the otherwise decent fans and had them acting like they were Browns fans. Never thought any other team's fans would do that. And as owner I'm not basing it off just this game. Burfect has purposely hurt or tried to injure more players than the whole of the 1970's raiders team. All through the season this guy has cost Marvin respect in the league by his peers. If were just the "rivalry" I'd maybe just shrug it off mostly. Unfortunately he does it to every team they play. Completely insane. The worst part of the whole thing is that if Marvin Lewis had benched those two early on they'd be on their way to Foxboro next week. Instead, the Steelers will be playing Denver.

Sorry Ryan. I know you're as frustrated as can be, and Lewis, Jones, and Burfect, cost you fans your first chance in 24 years to take a talented team deep into the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl. And even though I'm a life long Steelers fan, I can certainly feel sympathy for you on this. The Steelers played OK this season but it was your team's time to shine. They just up and threw it away... And they were winning at the time. I didn't see us beating your team to be honest and to be honest again I don't see us beating Denver either. The Bengals had a real shot at it. I can promise you I take no pleasure in how we got to the next level.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

To add to the above... If I'm a Rooney, I'm thinking right now that Joey Porter may not be ready to be a coach. He seems a bit disruptive if you ask me. I think his counterpart, who currently plays, James Harrison could do the job without coming onto the field.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

You'd think Marvin Lewis would have had better control over his nut job defensive back. 55 should not only be out of the NFL, I'm not sure the guy should be in society. He's totally nuts. Doesn't care what it costs him or his team and unlike most dirty players he doesn't even try to hide his behavior. I truly believe he's batshit crazy. And now Marvin Lewis could be fired or on the hot seat because of that guy. I genuinely like Marvin Lewis... But he attracts some of the most destructive players to his team. Chad Johnson, T.J. Houshmanzata or however it's spelled, Pac Man Jones (which in all fairness he knew about ahead of time), and Now Burfect. Those last two gave the Steelers the win. Outright. No two ways about it. The hit 55 put on Brown was the most intentionally dirty play I'd ever seen in the NFL in over 40 years. And Jones... Seriously? lay hands on a ref? OMG. Back to back no less which led to the easiest field goal for a win I've ever seen.
    This a thousand times, and as I've made known I don't like Marvin Lewis for the sole fact he's been given chance after chance after chance. He should have been gone years ago and this is just the icing on the cake. The only reason he's done so well recently is because the team has amassed some genuine talent and the team has done well in spite of him, not because of him.

Burfict has talent to make big plays but has absolutely zero discipline. Yes Burfict is a grown man but when it comes down to football, it's Marvin's job to instill that discipline in him to work as part of a team and he hasn't. It's also Marvin's job to realize if Burfict is such a liability, he needs cut regardless of the big plays he can make. Instead Marvin, knowing that Burfict can make the big plays and caring more about getting that notch under his post season win belt, kept him in there to gamble for a big win instead of making the safe play and benching him. Burfict had several other issues earlier in the game and there was no need for him to be in there to make a big play. All the Bengals had to do was hold the Steelers waaaayyyy down at the other end of the field where they were. Roethlisberger was too hurt to be making any serious throws and anyone could see that. Marvin wanted to bring out his big guns to drive a nail in the Steelers' coffin and they blew up in his face instead.

Besides Marvin getting the boot, as much as it pains me to say with the talent that Burfict is capable of, he needs to go too. Anyone that would be so petty as to allow their personal vendetta to overshadow such a crucial moment for the team has no place on a team. Fucking Ray Charles could have seen that if ever there was a time to get yourself in check for the betterment of the team, that was it. I doubt I'll wear my Burfict jersey ever again, even if it is a Chinese knockoff.

As for the fans, I don't condone what they did but I understand why they did it. It was a lot of pent up frustration. Decades worth in fact. I wanted to throw something at the TV myself but I didn't want to buy my brother a new TV.

I don't blame the lackluster first half. I don't blame the missed 2 point. I don't blame the fumble. And McCarron did as good a job or better than could be expected of a backup QB along with Tyler Eifert's help. This loss is square on Lewis, Burfict, and Jones coming together for a perfect storm of failure.

Once again, always a bridesmaid and never a bride...

Thanks

As to the fumble by Hill... It happens. There were turn overs on both sides. Not his fault yet he is willing to take the blame. The true fault is as you said and they make excuses and blame the refs. Without Jones or Burfict I can't help but think the Bengals would have had a much better season overall. They do more damage than good. I don't think Marvin Lewis or any other coach could bring Burfict into line honestly. I do however think Lewis should have seen that and cut him loose or benched him for the season. Now I doubt you could get a 7th round pick for the loon in a trade... Well maybe to the browns lol. He has so little respect for his team mates and coaches that he couldn't even let them win. And you're right. A field goal from 50+ yards out was the Steelers only chance if he'd just kept himself in check. Boomer Esiason said after the game that he was embarrassed to be an ex Bengal and seemed very pissed at the whole affair. I've never seen him so disgusted with his old team.

On the bright side, if the Steelers lose to Denver and the Bengals fire Marvin Lewis, your team would be able to go after Todd Haley with very little competition since a couple of the coachless teams have already hired replacements. If they did and he in trun sent Burfict packing, the Bengals would have a true unfettered chance next season. Young team still.
    Brian Baldwin

Thread Information