Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Star Trek Series Premieres January 2017

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: New Star Trek Series Premieres January 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
    I watched EP01 last night.

They role reversed "You've been an outsider because of the color of your Skin" to the Albino Klingon.

The "tough girl" shit really annoys me. Has anyone, EVER anywhere, EVER met a woman like that? No, she's doing a bad imitation of of a man and that man is frankly a jerkoff.

Furthmore, if she gets into hand-to-hand and isn't immediately crushed by a Klingon who could load 400 lb. nuclear shells into a space craft cannon all day long without breaking a sweat, I'm going to scream.

I see this shit in every movie these days, to the point they now put in little 9YO girls beating up buff navy seal types(Logan) or that TV show, Blindspot. She's all tough man, yeah, she's bad, all 100lbs of her. The fact of the matter is men have stronger muscles and bones, as well as thicker bones in the face, forehead and elsewhere because we've earned it, genetically, from getting the shit kicked out of us for 200,000 years.

I'm willing to watch more, but I will check out if they shove SJW shit down our throats.

Also, I do sorta have some issues with the first EP.

1. Why were they walking to the well? Clearly the ship could have just dropped down, dropped them off, picked them up, done and done.
    2. A meteor mining accident caused the one and only water source to dry up? Huh?
    3. The wind was blowing. Visibility is approaching zero, yet a Sand insignia is better than an RF transmitter? geezus. What a bunch of incompetent shitlips.
    4. Oooh, an old artifact, let me directly disobey an order and land on it. "Just a flyby, remember?"
    5. Oh, it's moving, let me stand here and gawk like a 15YO boy in a whorehouse. DUST OFF YOU IDIOT!
    6. Oh, look at that, it's emitting 1 billion lumens per meter. PULL BACK YOU FUCKING DIPSHIT!
    7. Go light the torch? Huh? Why do you need a batliff for that? How about you go into the other room and flip the switch?
    8. Since when are Klingons all fancy with their architecture? Those drooling morons are into BATTLE, not art. If it doesn't serve a purpose, directly related to battle, they wouldn't bother.
    9. What's the point of a light anyway? Most of the klingons are AT LEAST over a light year away, how did they see this torch and show up in hours?

I'm quite sure there's more to complain about.
    Yeah, all of the above you just posted was stuff I thought as well but didn't type out.

And to your number 9, when they were talking with the admiral, he mentions the whole quadrant talking about a new star in the sky. Speed of light, how does it work?

Thanks

Just watched the 3rd episode.

Better than the first two. Maybe because it wasn't an orgy of special effects.

Still doesn't feel exactly like Trek though and certainly not in the time frame they're proposing.

I didn't miss that the, so far, only straight white dude is portrayed as a warmonger.

I'll give the 3rd ep a 6/10.

Thanks

Yep, this review pretty much nails it.

Thanks

I've seen a couple reviews on STD that manage to do a good job IDing the things wrong with it but, this one is probably the most spot on one I've seen yet, hitting on just about everything wrong.

Thanks

Jesus... Star Trek: Transformers has actually been greenlit for a second season.

I guess we're never going to get real Star Trek again... Thanks J.J. Abrams!

Thread Information