Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Hadji girl"

Thanks

Default "Hadji girl"

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060612/dcm074.html?.v=13

CAIR: 'Marines' Cheer Song About Killing Iraqi Civilians
    Monday June 12, 8:10 pm ET
    Song's Lyrics: 'I Blew Those Little F**kers to Eternity'
    WASHINGTON, June 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on the Pentagon and Congress to investigate a music video posted on the Internet that seems to show U.S. Marines cheering a song that glorifies the killing of Iraqi civilians.

CAIR said the four-minute video, called "hadji girl," purports to be a "marine in Iraq singing a song about hadji." (A "Hajji" is a person who has made the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, but the term has often been used as a pejorative by U.S. troops in Iraq.) The song, posted online in March, tells of a U.S. Marine's encounter with an Iraqi woman. It has been viewed by almost 50,000 people.

The song's lyrics include: "I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally ... I blew those little f**kers to eternity ... They should have known they were f**king with the Marines." Members of the audience, not shown in the video, laughed and cheered wildly for these lyrics.

SEE: HADJI GIRL
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTh9ZYS6Flc

Comments apparently posted by other military personnel express approval for the song's contents. One comment states: "This makes me happy to be a Marine. But look out! Here comes the rest of the country to call us evil!" Other comments criticize the video as racist.

"Given the recent allegations that U.S. Marines massacred Iraqi civilians in Haditha and other areas, we need to determine if this video is what it purports to be," said CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad. "The inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not be allowed to tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel."
    Awad called on Pentagon officials and members of Congress to investigate the video and all other allegations of such conduct in Iraq.

See the video here if they remove it: http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/

I'm searching for the song lyrics. I think it's exactly the kind of song Marines would be cheering, especially when going through war with the author and singer of the creation.
    Last edited by Aplomb; June 14th, 2006 at 22:59.

Thanks

Default Re: "Hadji girl"

AR15 member version is easier to hear the lyrics, and just the audio of the song itself w/o the performer's pauses: http://media.putfile.com/Hadjji-Girl---Zelph-2006

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadji_Girl

I was out in the sands of Iraq
    And we were under attack
    And I, well I didn't know where to go
    Then the first thing that I could see
    Was everybody's favorite Burger King
    So I threw open the door and I hit the floor
    Then sudden to my surprise
    I looked up and I saw her eyes
    And I knew it was love at first sight

And she said,
    Derka derka, Mohammad jihad. Sherpa sherpa abaka-la
    Hadji girl, I can't understand what you say
    And she said,
    Hadji girl, I love you anyway

Then she said that she wanted me to see
    She wanted me to go meet her family
    But I, well I couldn't figure out how to say no
    'Cause I don't speak Arabic, so
    She took me down an old dirt trail
    And she pulled up to a sod shanty
    And she threw open the door
    And I hit the floor

'Cause her brother and her father shouted,
    They pulled out their AK's so I could see
    And they said,
    So I grabbed her little sister
    And put her in front of me

As the bullets began to fly
    The blood sprayed from between her eyes
    And then I laughed maniacally
    Then I hid behind the TV
    And I locked and loaded my M-16
    I blew those little fuckers to eternity

And I said,
    They shoulda known they were fucking with a Marine

Thanks

...and here comes the apology...

http://jdnews.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?...0&Section=News

Humor attempt falls flat
    June 14,2006
    CHRIS MAZZOLINI
    DAILY NEWS STAFF

Cpl. Joshua Belile thought up the words to “Hadji Girl” in September while drinking coffee with buddies in Iraq.

It was just a joke, Belile says, a play on lines from a movie. His fellow Marines seemed to enjoy the song, so they got Belile up on a stage with his guitar.

Someone taped his performance, and now Belile stands in the center of a growing controversy, one that threatens to drag the New River Air Station Marine and his blackly humorous song into the debate about the alleged incident at Haditha and the war in Iraq.

The four-minute, 13-second video of Belile’s performance was initially posted to the Internet site YouTube. The song tells the story of a Marine in Iraq who falls in love with an Iraqi girl. The girl takes the Marine to her family’s house.

But the family shoots the girl and then points their “AKs” at the Marine. The Marine then grabs the Iraqi girl’s little sister and “put her in front of me.”

“As the bullets begin to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes and then I laughed maniacally,” according to the song’s lyrics. “Then I hid behind the TV and I locked and loaded my M-16, I blew those little (expletive) to eternity.”

Belile, a 23-year-old who lives in Jacksonville and serves with Marine Light/Attack Helicopter Squadron 167, said the song was meant only as a joke, based on lines from “Team America: World Police” and that he apologizes to people who may have been offended by the lyrics.

“It’s a song that I made up and it was nothing more than something supposed to be funny, based off a catchy line of a movie,” Belile said. “I apologize for any feelings that may have been hurt in the Muslim community. This song was written in good humor and not aimed at any party, foreign or domestic.”

Good humor or not, the Marine Corps is now investigating.

“The Marine Corps has recently been made aware of a video posted to a website that purports to show a Marine singing an insensitive song about Iraqis,” reads a statement released Tuesday from Headquarters Marine Corps. “The video has subsequently been removed from the website.
    “The video that was posted anonymously is clearly inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines,” the statement continues. “The video is not reflective of the tremendous sacrifices and dedication demonstrated, on a daily basis, by tens of thousands of Marines who have assisted the Iraqi people in gaining their freedom.”

Belile returned from Iraq in March and is a member of a band called Sweater Kittenz, which is scheduled to perform Saturday at the Riverwalk Festival in downtown Jacksonville.

Soon after his return, Belile discovered the video had found its way onto the Internet. So did the Council on American-Islamic Relations, a Washington D.C.-based group whose stated aim is to enhance understanding of Islam.

Ibrahim Hooper, the group’s communications director, said members of his group got wind of the video through e-mail. After viewing it, Hooper said they found it offensive and in bad taste.

“I think we agree with the Marine Corps, who issued a statement today, that the video is inappropriate and insensitive and shouldn’t be taken as a reflection on the entire body of U.S. military personnel,” he said.

Hooper said he does not agree with arguments that the song was only a joke.

“I don’t think it is a joking matter when you talk about holding up a child to being shot,” he said. “I think especially when we have the allegations of attacks on civilians by military personnel in Haditha and other areas.”
    I
    n his defense, Belile said the song is entirely fictional and has no ties to any of the ongoing investigations about Haditha and other incidents of alleged troop misconduct.

“This is in no way, shape or form related to the events that happened at Haditha,” he said. “The song was written long before the events happened. The song reflects nobody’s viewpoint. It’s completely made up, it’s completely fictional.

“I think it was a joke that is trying to be taken seriously,” he said. “I think it’s a joke, and anybody who tries to take it seriously knows it’s a joke.

People can’t just laugh at it and let it go.”

After first talking to The Daily News on Tuesday, Belile said in a follow-up telephone call that he had been advised to wait to make a statement until after he received counsel. He asked to have his earlier comments retracted and replaced with “no comment.”

He is expected to be briefed by his command today.

Belile said he was worried about how the video will affect his career, his family and the Marine Corps.

“I will never perform this song again, and I will remove all video and text in relation to this that I have control of,” he said.
    The Council on American-Islamic Relations had the video posted on its Web site on Tuesday. Readers can also view it at our website by clicking here.

Thanks

I just finished listening to the song, and I can say that I've been in situations where music is written, and perhaps never sung, poems, sometimes epic ones about battlers are written and never read. Sometimes you "just have to be there" to get the humor.

I got it... and I see why the Marines enjoyed it. I can see why it was something that would "brighten their day". The rest of the world, and the politically correct do not have to understand. But you know what? They can kiss my military ass too.

Rick Donaldson, MSgt, USAF, RETIRED
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

By the way, I think is was a damned good video and song.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

How the hell is this song causing a big deal!?!? It really good song and by the lyrics it makes no indication that the singer was killing civilians, or even children. From a person not having any been in the military, I still find the song funny and not offensive in anyway. With all the crap playing on the radio this is a non-issue, IMO.
    Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket???

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is the press coverage.

Thanks

It's like Hooper from CAIR said: “I don’t think it is a joking matter when you talk about holding up a child to being shot,” he said.

It's too bad they shoot their own, isn't it?

Thanks

http://hotair.com/archives/the-blog/...ine-makes-hay/

I just got off the phone with [a source in the Pentagon]. The Cpl. reported to me that they were all VERY appreciative of the support and that this was a “Brass” decision… He said they were already getting calls and that it was helping, but they needed to get a lot more to make a difference. It really is helping the Marines to know that they are not alone and that not everyone hates them… He said these calls were making everyone’s day.

I have emailed “The Sweater Kittens” and offered to assist them with any legal representation (should it be required) and highly suggest that the Milbloggers and others make this a STRONGLY CONTESTED issue with the USMC Pentagon bureaucrats for the next week or so. Evidently, according to what I’m being told, how this situation turns out will have far reaching implications within the USMC and with the Marines who are forward deployed. It seems they are discussing a possible new “PC Policy” now for the Marines.

This sucks and I’m willing to go to the mat to fight on this. If we don’t, we’re going to be overrun with a level of PC that will completely destroy the Constitution.

Here’s the contact info from today’s Vent:

Commandant of the Marine Corps
    Phone: (703) 614-1034
    Fax: (703) 614-2358
    comrel@hqmc.usmc.mil

Thanks

Well you guys might not believe this but: http://tinyurl.com/qyy32
    "We welcome the Marine Corps statement, but we also expect that those who participated in this incident will be identified and disciplined appropriately," said CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad. Awad added that he hoped Congress would conduct hearings on this and similar incidents.
    You see, I've said it once and I'll say it again. Do NOT apologize to these people, especially when you have no reason to. Now they're calling for discipline!!!

This all needs to stop. Stop appeasing Muslims. Write. Complain. It takes time. I've an inconvenience. It isn't fun. But good grief, this guy was fighting for all of us. And he has NO freedom of speech. This is just a song, and if anything, it isn't saying that our Military kills civilians. It is saying they are in a war and these people use their own to set us up and kill their own mercilessly as well. HE IS ALLOWED TO SAY THIS. Our constitution says so. What is it that bothers CAIR so much, when other songs from our soldiers are worse? It's because it says something negative about terrorists, that's why. The Marine Corp should have told CAIR to kiss off. That would have ended this mess.
    Last edited by Aplomb; June 16th, 2006 at 12:35.

Thanks

Sir;

I am writing to inform you that I STRONGLY SUPPORT the United States Marine Corps and I believe that what Cpl. Joshua Belile wrote and subsequently sang in front of some cameras is nothing more than "blowing off steam". I spent 26 years in the United States Air force and fought along side Marines in Central America, worked with them during the Iran Crisis, and my father was a Marine. He is 70 years old now, and still as stong as an ox thanks partially to the Marines.

According to this news article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/2006061...cted_of_all_ma

""We welcome the Marine Corps statement, but we also expect that those who participated in this incident will be identified and disciplined appropriately," said CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad. Awad added that he hoped Congress would conduct hearings on this and similar incidents."

I am certain there are people out there who are "politically correct" and indeed I work with people like that everyday, but let me explain something that perhaps people lose sight of. In the United States of America, we are a free people. There are rappers who use language, that is both evil and sexually explicit, and it makes it to the radio daily. I hear it in the "Thump thump cars" on my way to and from work. For a Marine to wind up punished, or for that matter ANY military member of ANY service to be told he or she can not do something or say something that other Americans can do or say is ridiculous.

My job is STILL to defend the Consitution of the United States, just as Corporal Belile's job is. Now, it seems it my turn to defend his right to Freedom of Speech. Remember, that? First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America!

Neither Corporal Belile, nor anyone else involved in a little "off duty" activity, and entertainment need be "disciplined" in any way, shape nor form. Nor should they be. There are comedy shows on television every night, here, in the US, the UK and many other places that "make fun" of about every one. This "insensitive" crap needs to stop. The insurgents, the terrorists, and the people that support them should be stopped as well, and in my humble opinion, obliterated from the face of the Earth. I do not see the song as "denigrating" but rather more like "Real Life" to what those Marines and other military members who've been there and seen it.

I personally will stand up and fight for the Marine in question if I have to, and I would take his place there if I could… No matter what I WILL fight for him here in the US for his own freedom of speech.

Ricky Donaldson, MSgt, USAF, Retired
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Good letter, Rick!

I normally don't post mine, but this is worth an exception to show that any American who isn't in the military has a voice as well. So here's mine:
    Dear Sir:

I am a civilian writing on behalf of Cpl. Joshua Belile who wrote and performed the song "Hadji girl" for some Marines. First of all our constitution allows such freedom of speech. Our military fights for our freedoms and this Marine has the same right as the rest of us do. He said nothing against our servicemen, our country, or Iraqi civilians.

Let me explain that the reason that this song is so funny is because it is about a Marine who falls in love at first sight with a woman who sets him up for an ambush and then he does something completely out of character for a Marine by adopting the tactic of the enemy in using a human shield. Even an American civilian woman can see this and find it humorous.

Secondly, if it offends members of CAIR, a Muslim group that is supportive of terrorism, then no apology was in order. Give these people one inch, and they will demand a mile--just as they have done in stating that they "expect that those who participated in this incident will be identified and disciplined appropriately."

I am asking you to see this situation for what it is, entertainment, dealing w/ war, rather than being persuaded by the CAIR group that Muslim feelings are being hurt and punishment is due. You have your reputation of excellence and this song has done no damage to that. What is doing damage to the reputation of the Marine Corps are the lies that people like this group bring to the attention of the news media.

"Given the recent allegations that U.S. Marines massacred Iraqi civilians in Haditha and other areas, we need to determine if this video is what it purports to be," said CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad. You see what I mean???

It grieves my heart that this was the statement given in response by the USMC: "The inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not be allowed to tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel." If you really feel the need to be about the business of public relations with CAIR, you might politely tell them that your man has apologized to Muslims; and no disciplinary action is needed in the matter as he has freedom of speech ensured by our US Constitution. Furthermore you may inform any representatives of CAIR that they should direct their disapproval of killing children to the Muslim insurgents who do that regularly.

Very sincerely,

Thanks

Josh is aware that a whole lot of people are speaking out on his behalf, in fact he's become very popular with people writing directly to him-- and this is what he has to say: http://www.generalquarters.com/2006/05/23/184/

1. To everyone here who has supported me and backed me up on this forum and others… I just wanted to come on here to express my extreme thanks for your support. I will not say anything to anyone on the issue right now as it is under investigation. Once the investigation is finished, we will see what happens. I cannot say that I’ve read every post on here, because I’ve got enough e-mails in my inbox that I won’t be able to reply to anyway. The point here is that I cannot believe the giant support system that I have with the national public. I know that all my needs will be assisted by those who genuinely care about the first ammendment to the U.S. Constitution if I am unable to meet them. As I said earlier, I cannot make a statement on the subject at hand yet, but we will see what the future holds. This Saturday I will be playing a show at the local downtown riverwalk festival, and I can only imagine what kind of media will be there, but hopefully in the end, my band and I will come out on top, and hopefully will not be belittled or slandered by the media. Who knows? This could be a blessing in disguise, after this blows over, someone might offer us a record deal. The future holds so much, and hopefully it will be a bright future for America, Iraq, my family, friends, my band… and maybe even for me. Thanks for everything you all are doing and will be doing in the future. I am keeping my myspace address public, and so far I have read every single message sent my way. I have a generic response that I paste into the reply area, simply because if I typed a custom response to everyone, it would never finish getting back to everyone. But know that if you get my generic response, I’ve read what you said and appreciated your support… if you didn’t get one, you probably said something retarted and can go sit on your thumb and cry. One thing that makes me happy, is that when this whole thing started, there were five positive writers to every one negative writer, now there’s like 50 positive to every 1 negative. I want everyone to understand that I am a singer and a song writer, as well as a Marine. I never wanted anyone to get upset, I was simply writing a song to a specific audience. Hopefully this will be realized one day. I gotta run for now, but I want to thank you all again once more. Take care and God bless you and keep you all safe.
    2. -Josh
    3. Josh Says:
      I proofread my statement… I spelled the word retarted and that made me look like a retard… I know its supposed to be “retarded”. I R Educated!
      -Josh

Thanks

Been following this myself. LMAO! Tagged it. Got it on my cell.

Here is how the song is going around without any corrections anywhere.

http://afsyuhud.blogspot.com/2006/06...us-marine.html

Hadji Girl Video of US Marine

The US Marine's song of death for an Iraqi family.

Here's the excerpt of lyric sung by a US marine who expressed his honest feeling how excited and joyful he was to see a little girl's blood sprayed when his bullet fly between her eyes. The video is now removed from the original website, but I'm fortunate to save it and Google Video permit it to be saved there. Click the link at the bottom of this post to watch the full video song.

“I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally. . .I blew those little f**kers to eternity. . .They should have known they were f**king with the Marines.”

Why called Hadji? "A Hadji is a pilgrim who journeys to Mecca, but CAIR said the word has often been used as a disparaging term by US troops in Iraq."

Although the marine 'singer' has apologized to the Muslims, this kind of incident further add to the US' bad image in the Muslim world.

See the marine sings his song of death for the Iraqi family here.

PS: Comments are welcome in any of the following languages: English, Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Jawa & Madura.

I went ahead and commented on this one--
    http://www.haloscan.com/comments/afa...96025/?a=16300
    This song is very, very funny! You aren't reporting the song right. This is not a "song of death for an Iraqi family." Why don't you post the whole song A. Fatih syuhud? The Marine did not understand even her words "Mohammed jihad" as the insurgent in Iraq leads him into an ambush at her home. That is funny. It isn't the American way for a grown man and a soldier to hold up a girl to protect himself. You'd have to be one major sissy or a terrorist to do that. That is why it is hilarious. Then her father and the brother shoot the girl. He didn't kill that girl, her own family did. You said "his bullet fly between her eyes". I'm glad that you saved it so that people reading here can hear the truth. You are right about one thing though. These are his real feelings that we think terrorists are crazy because they kill their own children and teach them to blow themselves up. It is a song about the insane way these people fight in the war. These are the kinds of lies that do not hurt our US military. They help to show the world that if Muslims are accusing our troops of something, it is probably just more lies. Thanks for helping with that. –Ace
    Making a prediction on the upcoming response to my post. This researcher will say it didn't matter whose bullets killed the girl. Then I'll call him on claiming to be a researcher. Heh. The links are right there if you want to get in on doing a little homefront back covering of your own for our troops.

Thanks

# RickD Says:
    June 19th, 2006 at 2:09 pm

I think all you folks who are raising hell about this being “evil” have your heads firmly planted up your asses. Have you never read Shakespere? Have you never read the Illiad and Oddessy? Songs, poems, stories if you will regarding what happens in wars?

Sure those are ancient writings. But they are writings nonetheless. This is a song, a “blowing off steam” song. It wasn’t about a Marine going in and killing deliberately killing people, but “deliberately defending himself” against someone who would kill innocent people. That the “sister” was innocent and killed in the process is “real life”.

Stuff happens folks. Get over it, quit your bitchin’ and get on with life. And if you want to hate Americans, feel free. If you live in America, hey, you know what? It’s a free country. Unlike some of the other countries we’re trying to HELP.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

So... Freedom of speech is protected only for Liberals and whack jobs now? I don't care if he sang about worse things than using human shields, it's his freaking right. I don't have to like or agree with what someone thinks or says but I have to ALLOW them their rights! When did this country become so messed up? When did it become a Political Correctness witch hunt every day?

It's obvious that too many people have too much idle time on their hands. This is the what happens when you get a humanities degree in college. Those universities should be forced to refund those morons for tricking them into thinking that being a "moron" is a viable career greatly needed in the U.S.A. I mean, when some inner-city youth can "rap" about raping white women and murdering police officers and that's considered expressive art of a ghetto culture; yet a Marine blowing off some steam with a joke song gets crucified; then we've really lost it here.

Maybe it's just time we forced the left to keep their election promise and pack them off to Canada and France.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Doing a little "house cleaning"... I'm moving this over to the "World Politics and Politicians" forum since this is definitely politically based BS.

Thanks

Agreed with the political BS. Political Correctness BS is more like it
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Hey, thanks for moving this for me, Ryan.

Thanks

This probe or short investigation must have been completed by now, yet when I called the Marine Corps, the person on the other end could not give any info on if it has been completed with additional action to be taken. She said that she could only take comments so I politely and firmly stated that I stand by our troops. I got on a bit of a roll since she was taking comments and gave her my thoughts on Haditha and our men in Pendleton, too. I don't know how much good it does, but I could tell by the tone of her "ahuh"s that she appreciated the call. I hope it does more than go on the side of the tally board for positive comments. Especially considering the latest I've been able to find out about this situation, which is exactly what prompted me to make the call...
    http://www.generalquarters.com/2006/05/23/184/
    1. Josh Belile Says:

Attention web page engineers… I’m Josh Belile, the singer and songwriter of “Hadji Girl” and I am looking for someone who can make professional web sites, and who is willing to take up my cause pro-bono. I am trying to make a site for the song, and for my support, and it seems alot of you out there have my back… please post here your name, and e-mail address if you are interested, and I’ll contact you with my e-mail and phone number, and we’ll start working on it. Please leave a list of web pages you’ve made (sort of like a portfolio) that I can review. Thanks alot for your support on my situation, everyone. Take care and stay safe.
      -Josh
    Adding a vent by Michelle Malkin just because she's spot on and so cute.
    http://hotair.com/archives/vent/2006/06/15/hadji-girl/

Thread Information