They aren't saying his name yet...it means its Mohammad Ibz al isises bagkawali al bin hawaki al waka waka waka. Probably a recent immigrant. Odds of it being a "Bob Smith" are statistically zero. It could be a Dawahn Brown, a prislam convert as well.

----------------------
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-hostages.html

Suspected Islamic extremist shoots dead at least 20 dead at Florida gay club after bursting in 'wearing a suicide vest' and taking hostages - injuring a further 42 - before he is killed in shootout

• Suspected Islamic extremist opened fire inside Pulse gay club in Orlando in the early hours of this morning
  • He shot more than 40 people - killing about 20 - and took party-goers hostage before being killed by police
  • Shooter, believed to be in his 20s, was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he attacked
  • Police used an explosive device to distract the gunman and rescue around 30 people who had been taken hostage
  • Police engaged in gunfire with the man and an officer was shot in the head, but he was saved by his helmet
  • FBI says gunman may have 'leanings to radical Islamic terrorism' and it is being investigated as 'an act of terrorism'
  • Took place four miles from where The Voice singer Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead at The Plaza Live on Friday

By Matt Hunter For Mailonline and Jenny Stanton For Dailymail.com
Published: 03:08 EST, 12 June 2016 | Updated: 07:31 EST, 12 June 2016

1.1k shares
View comments

A suspected Islamic extremist wielding an assault rifle and a handgun has killed about 20 people after taking party-goers hostage inside a gay club in Orlando.
The gunman was carrying a suspicious device, possibly a suicide vest, when he opened fire on the dance floor inside Pulse in the early hours of this morning.
Orlando Police Chief John Mina said authorities have not determined the exact number of people killed, but that 'approximately 20' have died. Another 42 people were taken to hospital.
An FBI spokesman said the mass shooting is being investigated as an act of terrorism, adding that they are looking into whether this was an act of domestic or international terror, and if the shooter was a lone wolf.
Police said the gunman, who was shot dead by officers, was believed to be in his 20s was not a local man, while the FBI believe he may have 'leanings to radical Islamic terrorism'.
The killings took place less than four miles from where The Voice singer and YouTube star Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead at The Plaza Live in Orlando on Friday.
Scroll down for video

+17

Attack: A woman sits on the ground outside the club while another party-goer, whose legs are covered in blood, stands beside her

+17

+17

Response: Emergency services are pictured at the scene outside the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida following this morning's shooting

+17

The Pulse Club in Orlando told around the 100 revellers inside that 'everyone [should] get out of pulse and keep on running' as the man took hostages

+17

A woman sits outside the nightclub following the mass shooting. Around 20 people were killed by the suspected Islamic extremist gunman

+17

Orange County Sheriff's Department SWAT members arrive to a fatal shooting at Pulse Orlando nightclub in Orlando

+17

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said authorities have not determined the exact number of people killed, but that 'approximately 20' have died

+17

Police, army and FBI surround the club after a suspected Islamic extremist wielding an assault rifle and a handgun killed about 20 people

RELATED ARTICLES

Share this article

Party-goers were urged to 'get out and keep running' as bullets started flying at around 2am local time.
Around 5am authorities sent in a SWAT team to rescue the hostages, and the suspect then died in a gunfight.
Police used an explosive device to distract the hostage taker and rescue around 30 people. During the gunfire, an officer was shot, but he was saved by his helmet.
It was thought that at least one hostage had been locked in a bathroom with gunshot wounds.
At around 6am local time police tweeted: 'Pulse Shooting: The shooter inside the club is dead.'
Jon Alamo said he was inside the club, which was hosting a Latin-themed night, when a man holding a weapon entered the room he was in.
'I heard 20, 40, 50 shots,' Alamo said. 'The music stopped.'
Club-goer Rob Rick said it happened just before closing time. 'Everybody was drinking their last sip,' he said.

+17

People carry an injured person from the nightclub after the gunman opened fire. In total, 42 people were taken to hospital

+17

Orlando Police officers direct family members away from a multiple shooting at the nightclub

+17

Eyewitnesses described the gunman having a bomb strapped to himself when he started shooting at around 2.00 local time (7am GMT) today

+17

Dozens of officers and medics have been at the scene including Orlando Fire Department's bomb squad and hazardous material team

+17

Locations of the shooting in Pulse nightclub and The Plaza Live shooting where The Voice star Christina Grimmie, 22, was shot dead by a gunman on Friday 22.45 local time (02.45am GMT Saturday)

Orlando Police confirmed the shooter was dead and that they were dealing with a 'mass casualty situation'

more videos

He estimated more than 100 people were still inside when he heard shots, got on the ground and crawled toward a DJ booth.
A bouncer knocked down a partition between the club area and an area in the back where only workers are allowed. People inside were able to then escape through the back of the club.
Christopher Hansen said he was in the VIP lounge when he started hearing gunshots.
'I was thinking, are you kidding me? So I just dropped down. I just said please, please, please, I want to make it out,' he said. 'And when I did, I saw people shot. I saw blood. You hope and pray you don't get shot.'
He continued to hear shooting even after he emerged, where police were telling people to back away from the club. He saw injured people being tended to across the street.
Mina Justice was outside the club trying to contact her 30-year-old son Eddie, who texted her when the shooting happened and asked her to call police.
He told her he ran into a bathroom with other club patrons to hide. He then texted her: 'He's coming.'

+17

The gunman opened fire at a nightclub in central Florida, and multiple people were wounded, police said

TV reporter Stewart Moore reported from the scene outside the nightclub in Orlando

This Twitter user was in the nightclub and describes what he saw inside where people were hiding

Juan Rivera reported that the gunman had a bomb strapped to himself inside the Orlando nightclub

more videos

'The next text said: `He has us, and he's in here with us,'' she said. 'That was the last conversation.'
Ricardo Almodovar was in the nightclub. He said: 'Shooter opened fire at around 2.00am. People on the dance floor and bar got down on the floor and some of us who were near the bar and back exit managed to go out through the outdoor area and just ran.
'I am safely home and hoping everyone gets home safely as well.' Juan Rivera said on Twitter: 'Never seen so many dead bodies on the floor, God is good that my friends and I didn't get shot'.
Anthony Torres heard people screaming that others in the nightclub were dead.
Rosie Feba was in the club with her girlfriend and described the moment the shooting happened to the Orlando Sentinal.
She said: 'Everyone was getting on the floor.I told her [girlfriend] I didn't think it was real, I thought it was just part of the music, until I saw fire coming out of his gun.'
A police dispatcher described the incident as an 'active shooting'. Officers are advising locals to stay away from the area.
He said: 'There are injuries. I am not sure if there are any deceased at this time.'
'Officers are going in to search the building and to get people out,' the dispatcher said.

+17

Emergency services outside Pulse Club, Orlando where a gunman was reported to have taken hostages

A gunman opened firing at Pulse Club in Orlando causing mayhem inside. Revellers ran for their lives as video footage showed injured people on the streets outside

more videos

+17

Pulse nightclub in Orlando, central Florida where the shooting took place

The police department posted on their official Twitter account: 'Multiple injuries. Stay away from the area.'
Pulse nightclub said on its Facebook account: 'Everyone get out of Pulse and keep running.'
Dozens of officers and medics are at the scene including Orlando Fire Department's bomb squad and hazardous material team.
Donald Trump this morning tweeted: 'Really bad shooting in Orlando. Police investigating possible terrorism. Many people dead and wounded.'