Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
I saw that tie game while looking up scores and was like Wow.... I'm not as optimistic as you when it comes to a tie. I don't see it as a loss either though. It's just a lost game. Missing completely. It cancels it's self out and I've never seen a team thankful of a tie. lol That being said, I personally believe, for the pros anyway, that there should never be allowed a tie. After the first OT quarter make them sit their starters and play with their backups. But make them play for months if need be without stop until either one team gives up or one scores. The NFL only has 16 games to base their whole season's body of work on. A game that's basically just missing is bad for both teams when it comes to wildcard slots. And you really couldn't have had a worse team tie with the Bengals considering Pittsburgh trounced the skins. So even if Cincinnati ends up with the same number of wins they could lose a top seed placement because of that tie with Washington. Would have been better if had been the Pats by far.

I think Cincinnati has decent enough depth too at just about everywhere except receiving that if they did have to go to a 6th quarter with backups they likely could have won.

You mentioned Burfict likely costing the game again. But you said holding penalty. That's pretty benign for Burfict actually. But it reminded me of what an analyst suggested for the Bengals last week... He said they should trade him and a draft pick for a top 20 or 10 receiver so Dalton had another good target. I actually thought that made great sense. Burfict may be talented in his position, but he's not someone that Marvin can handle. Trading him for a needed position player that is considered really good, wouldn't be a bad idea in my thinking. Eventually he's going to be out of the NFL altogether, so I'd cut my associations with him while he could still bring value. Goodall will eventually have to address him. He was gone for the first 4 games and it's not like the defense suffered greatly. His back up stepped up fairly decent and with time could replace him IMO. What do you think?
For the part in red...

Totally agree with you about games not ending in ties. Baseball plays until there's a winner.

And yeah, the hold by Burfict was mild but it was so poorly timed and unnecessary when it happened. A trade like you mention is exactly what needs to happen with him. Let him be someone else's liability for someone we can actually use.