Greg Rosenthal from the NFL website rated the top quarterbacks for the season thus far as the following...

1.) Cam Newton
2.) Aaron Rodgers
3.) Ben Roethlisberger
4.) Russell Wilson
5.) Drew Brees
6.) Andrew Luck
7.) Phillip Rivers
8.) Carson Palmer
9.) Jameis Winston
10.) Andy Dalton

I totally disagree with this line up, but in his defense he says that since they have only one game to go by he'd list them based on who you'd want to QB your team. Still totally disagree. So here's my list based on what I saw and what they faced in the first week.

1.) Andy Dalton (even though the thumb was not 100%, more at the end)
2.) Matthew Stafford
3.) Ben Roethlisberger
4.) Drew Brees
5.) Andrew Luck
6.) Russell Wilson
7.) Carson Palmer
8.) Phillip Rivers
9.) Aaron Rodgers
10.) Alex Smith

My list is based on stats, strength of play, difficulty of opponent and whatever shortcomings their team had to overcome.

You'll notice in my list Andy Dalton is number 1 and not number 10. His thumb was obviously not 100% against the Jets, and yet he still managed to pass for nearly 400 yards. Cincy also was without Hue Jackson, and some key starters from last season. Andy is on the cusp of becoming one of the "Elite" QBs. Cam Newton isn't even on this list because he couldn't beat a depleted Denver team and acted like he didn't much care. Alex Smith breaks into the top ten because it was a hell of a comeback he made for a win. Aaron Rodgers, while a superior QB to many on this list and bound to rise over the weeks to the top 5; had trouble beating the Jags initially even though that team is still in complete rebuild mode.

If all stay healthy and productive I predict the top three will end up being Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Andy Dalton in no particular order. All three from the AFC and 2 of them from the AFC North. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers from the NFC would likely round out the top 5 by season's end. The problem with trying to rate QB standings is that a single bad hit, or a few bad throws can redraft the whole list in a single week of play.