Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2016-2017 Season

Thanks

Default Re: NFL 2016-2017 Season

Greg Rosenthal from the NFL website rated the top quarterbacks for the season thus far as the following...

1.) Cam Newton
    2.) Aaron Rodgers
    3.) Ben Roethlisberger
    4.) Russell Wilson
    5.) Drew Brees
    6.) Andrew Luck
    7.) Phillip Rivers
    8.) Carson Palmer
    9.) Jameis Winston
    10.) Andy Dalton

I totally disagree with this line up, but in his defense he says that since they have only one game to go by he'd list them based on who you'd want to QB your team. Still totally disagree. So here's my list based on what I saw and what they faced in the first week.

1.) Andy Dalton (even though the thumb was not 100%, more at the end)
    2.) Matthew Stafford
    3.) Ben Roethlisberger
    4.) Drew Brees
    5.) Andrew Luck
    6.) Russell Wilson
    7.) Carson Palmer
    8.) Phillip Rivers
    9.) Aaron Rodgers
    10.) Alex Smith

My list is based on stats, strength of play, difficulty of opponent and whatever shortcomings their team had to overcome.

You'll notice in my list Andy Dalton is number 1 and not number 10. His thumb was obviously not 100% against the Jets, and yet he still managed to pass for nearly 400 yards. Cincy also was without Hue Jackson, and some key starters from last season. Andy is on the cusp of becoming one of the "Elite" QBs. Cam Newton isn't even on this list because he couldn't beat a depleted Denver team and acted like he didn't much care. Alex Smith breaks into the top ten because it was a hell of a comeback he made for a win. Aaron Rodgers, while a superior QB to many on this list and bound to rise over the weeks to the top 5; had trouble beating the Jags initially even though that team is still in complete rebuild mode.

If all stay healthy and productive I predict the top three will end up being Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, and Andy Dalton in no particular order. All three from the AFC and 2 of them from the AFC North. Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers from the NFC would likely round out the top 5 by season's end. The problem with trying to rate QB standings is that a single bad hit, or a few bad throws can redraft the whole list in a single week of play.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

With Burfict on suspension you guys may not throw away the win this week.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

on an aside... The Refs have been told in no certain terms that they are to watch with critical eyes during this game. Could come down to whomever has the fewest penalties lol.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

St. Louis is televising the KC/Texans game instead of the Steelers/Bengals. What knuckle heads. Hmm, wonder which game will draw more viewers.
    Brian Baldwin

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    With Burfict on suspension you guys may not throw away the win this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin View Post
    St. Louis is televising the KC/Texans game instead of the Steelers/Bengals. What knuckle heads. Hmm, wonder which game will draw more viewers.
    That's pretty dumb. Chiefs-Texans over a historic divisional rivalry?

Do you at least have NFL Sunday Ticket or something comparable to watch it on?

Thanks

no. Keeping tabs on NFL Game Center at the website
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

end of the quarter and both on the board now.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

looks like it's going to be a shootout.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Here's live audio: http://www.steelers.com/videos/audio...f-493ca91d9267

Bengals are going to have to get something going. Steelers have dominated in the momentum.

Though I will say that no flag on the flagrant late hit on Uzomah was crap.

Thanks

any missed penalties on this game will be seriously addressed by the Commish. He want's no more injuries due to overly exuberant play.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

so far both defenses have been pretty good. The last couple series haven't yielded more than a punt.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

both teams trying to run and it isn't going to happen. Lots of incomplete passes too. Very defense oriented game.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Bengals have a chance to tie it up before the half here.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Definitely a defensive slugfest though the Steelers are well leading in time of possession, which usually translates into who wins...

And I'll take a FG and getting the ball after the half. Hopefully the Bengals can come out fully charged.

Thanks

adjustments at the half are the most important part of a close game.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Our QBs are looking pretty bad though. Partly the rain, and partly good defense. 50% completion for both is damn low for those QBs.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Yeah, it was looking pretty well soaked earlier and all of that didn't just go away.

Thanks

Touchdown Pittsburgh! IN YOUR FACE CAT LOVER!!!! lol
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

Thanks

Bengals fired up now
    Brian Baldwin

Thread Information