Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2016-2017 Season

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: NFL 2016-2017 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Damn near speechless about what happened with that PAT...

At what point do we look at bringing in the backup kicker? Nugent is getting to be far too unreliable.
    I guess at this point. Nugent released.

Thanks

So far we've got ourselves a pretty good game going between the Bengals and Steelers!

Thanks

Bengals fighting hard for that TD!

Thanks

Man, been a bit since we've seen some serious gameplay out of the Bengals like this.

On top of that AJ Green is out which makes it that much more surprising.

Thanks

There has been a definite role reversal in this game.

The Bengals are playing like I'd expect Pittsburg to play and Pittsburg is playing like I'd expect the Bengals to play (being held to just FGs and all).

Hope it can keep up after the half.

Thanks

Bengals are going to have to start putting some more points on the board or Pittsburgh will end up pulling a Bengals with an ugly win via FGs.

Thanks

Jesus... 6 FGs by Pitt. Now within 1 FG.

Thanks

Well, this is it. The Bengals managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory as usual just giving up everything in the second half.

More penalty yards than offensive yards.

At this point with their loss, the Bengals are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

The only silver lining I'm looking for is that hopefully this means the end of Marvin Lewis's extraordinarily mediocre reign in Cincinnati.

Thanks

I used to live in Ohio, closer to Cleveland and it was always the Browns or the Steelers. No one considered the Bengals, it may as well have been the Honolulu Bengals for all we cared.

That said, I get a kick out of reading posts from friends back home about the Browns or Bengals, because I know no Ohio team will ever be allowed to win, there simply aren't enough people in their cities.

The organization is designed to print money. If you can print 20 billion with a Giants win or 1.2 billion with a Bengals win, you don't let the Bengals win. It's really that simple. Oh, it's not as simple as ordering people to not play, they simply arrange it so the key players never get on those teams, even if the team can afford to pay them.

Watch everything the national funding lobby does, or, God forbid, you do anything under contract for them, you will find an organization that is grasping at every level.

My company did promotional items for them at one point. Not only were they insanely restrictive on color match of the items(I get this mostly, but when only a machine can tell the difference, it's enough), they limited the number that could be produced to an arbitrarily low number and they wanted us to provide reports to see how much we made on the items, presumably to raise their royalty. Idiotic.
    Last edited by Malsua; December 19th, 2016 at 10:54.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

You know, it really does make you wonder... Like why would someone like Marvin Lewis be allowed to be kept around for as long as he has been when compared to other, equally long tenured coaches (of teams in bigger markets I'd add!) his performance is absolutely terrible.

And I can vouch for that limited numbers production stuff.

Saw that first hand with their Salute To Service line of apparel, where it is camo themed team clothing to support the military and a percentage of sales goes to a couple military charities. Last year I missed out buying a jacket and hat because they sold out so fast. No reason to make limited production numbers because it typically sells so well but they did.

Actually managed to get a jacket and hat this year but I bet if you go look at the Bengals Pro Shop online right now you can't find any Salute To Service stuff.

Thanks

Looks like the Bengals may have shown up to win today.

Too bad it's a totally meaningless game with neither team being playoff bound.

Here's to hoping for Marvin Lewis's retirement!

Thanks

Very nice end zone interception by the Bengals!

Thanks

Wow, some recent big news with NFL teams' locations! First the Chargers going to L.A. Now the Raiders going to Vegas!

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

That Super Bowl was a great game, total nail biter!!!

And watching the Left lose their minds for Brady being a personal friend to Trump...

Priceless!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Yes it was!

Wasn't cheering for either team in particular but it was entertaining to watch. On the one hand I wouldn't have minded seeing the underdog win, on the other hand Brady is Conservative leaning popular QB.

I had a feeling deep down when the announcers were talking about what a huge hole NE had to dig out of, it wasn't really all that big of a hole and I was correct!

Thanks

BTW, everyone watching in the room was rolling their eyes at the 84 Lumber commercial.

Then my middle brother said, "Wouldn't it be funny if they got to the border and there was a wall."

And I said, "Even better they get to the wall and, plot twist, it's being built with 84 Lumber wood and this turns out to be a pro American commercial!"

Everyone had a good laugh!

ETA: Hahaha! I just found the full length video and I wasn't wrong (sorta)!

Thanks

Technically I suppose this should go into next season's thread, but we don't really start that until late summer. Bengals picked Ross as their number one and I think that's one of the better picks they've done in a few years. Should put your team back in the running Ryan. Mixon just made me shake my head. What is it with drafting these guys with character issues lol. Hopefully he learned from it and matured.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

I'm excited by the Steelers first choice of T. J. Watt. If he's half as good as his brother our defense may be top of the line again. The real eye opener to me though has been Cleveland. Three first rounders and all good ones. Of course they're kinda screwed at QB for now unless Osweiler improves.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Thanks

Cleveland just went with QB Kizer in the second round. Bad draft for QBs actually so I'm not sure that really helps them. We'll see. Brady was a sixth rounder after all.
    Brian Baldwin

Thanks

With the release of the 2017-2018 schedule, I was going to go ahead and start the new thread. I've just been too busy to hunt down the schedule to post it.

Didn't catch the draft but I did hear about Mixon on the news last night. I guess we'll see about him. I think the Bengals think they are bargain hunting but, sometimes you just get what you pay for.

On the other hand I do remember watching the video of his incident and, while the optics of what he did were bad, that chick did swing at him first and the authorities did only charge him with a misdemeanor that got dropped. Everyone wants equality until it's time to do equal shit...

Thread Information