Say what you will about him, at least he's smart enough to be on the right side on this and discouraging a victim mentality.

Richard Sherman Stands By 'What I Said That All Lives Matter'

July 28, 2016

When it comes to sharing opinions on controversial social issues, Richard Sherman is ready to speak out.

The Seahawks star cornerback, in an interview this week with the sports blog The Undefeated, talked about athletes, social activism and how he feels about the Black Lives Matter movement, reports For The Win.

“Any time you see people who are saying, ‘Black Lives Matter,’ and then saying it’s time to kill police, then it is difficult to stand behind that logic. They are generalizing police just like they are asking police not to generalize us. It is very hypocritical. So, in that respect, I find it difficult to fully support that movement.”

Many have criticized the saying “all lives matter” in response to “black lives matter.” But Sherman said this:

“I stand by what I said that All Lives Matter and that we are human beings. And speaking to police, I want African-Americans and everybody else treated decently. I want them treated like human beings. And I also want the police treated like human beings. I don’t want police officers just getting knocked off in the street who haven’t done anything wrong.”

His comments sparked a wave of criticism on social media. Sherman responded to those comments on Twitter.