Thread: Ohio State University: Suspect killed, 10 hospitalized after campus suv/knife attack

Thanks

Default Ohio State University: Suspect killed, 10 hospitalized after campus suv/knife attack

RIP Harambe

-------
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/us/ohi...ctive-shooter/

(CNN)[Breaking news update at 12:35 p.m. ET]

Ten people were hospitalized after an attack Monday at Ohio State University, Columbus Fire spokeswoman Rebecca Diehm said. Nine are in stable condition, and one is in critical condition, she said.
    The university released a statement after the attack.
    "A suspect has been shot and reported deceased," the university said. "Victim injuries include stab wounds, injury by motor vehicle and other injuries that are being evaluated."
    [Previous story, published at 12:15 p.m. ET]
    A knife-wielding man attacked several people at Ohio State University on Monday, sending eight people to hospitals and prompting a campus-wide lockdown, authorities said.
    The suspect is dead, and authorities on the ground believe the threat is contained, said a law enforcement official briefed on the latest information.
    The eight people hospitalized have non-life-threatening injuries, according to officials at three local hospitals.
    OSU Emergency Management lifted a shelter-in-place order late Monday morning.
    CNN Map

Watts Hall

+-

2 km
    1 mi

© Mapbox © OpenStreetMap Improve this map

"Scene is now secure," the department tweeted. But classes are canceled for the rest of the day.
    As the chaos unfolded, university officials reported an active shooter incident at Watts Hall.
    It's possible the gunshots heard were those of police trying to stop the attacker, a federal law enforcement official said.
    Investigators believe the assailant also used a car at the beginning of the attack, and the entire attack happened outside.
    OSU student Jacob Bower, 20, said he saw a man pull a knife outside between the Koffolt Laboratories and Watts Hall.
    Students leave buildings at Ohio State University after a report of an active shooter. Authorities later said a man with a knife attacked students.

"He pulled a large knife and started chasing people around, trying to attack them," Bower told CNN. He said it appeared to be a large kitchen knife.
    "Luckily there were so many people, he couldn't focus on one target. I didn't see anyone get stabbed, but I saw the police officer take down the stabber. He waited till everyone was clear, and the stabber clearly wasn't stopping. (It) took three shots to take him down. (The) stabber had a crazy look in his eyes."
    When asked if the suspect yelled or said anything during the attack, Bower told CNN: "He was completely silent. Which was very creepy. Not even when he was shot (by police)."
    "The cop that subdued the guy with the knife saved so many lives today."
    The motive for the attack was not immediately known.
    'Run Hide Fight,' university says

Earlier, campus officials urged people to shelter in place.
    "Buckeye Alert: Active Shooter on campus. Run Hide Fight. Watts Hall. 19th and College," OSU Emergency Management tweeted Monday morning.

Watts Hall is the university's materials science and engineering building.
    OSU senior Anthony Falzarano, 22, said he was in class at the time.
    "We heard a lot of sirens. I was in class and everyone got a text message at the same time for the emergency alert," he told CNN during the lockdown. "Someone said they heard popping right before we got the alert, but I didn't hear it. We are in a shelter-in-place right now in the building next door. "
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Default Re: Ohio State University: Suspect killed, 10 hospitalized after campus suv/knife att

Turns out it was a Skinny.

The Ohio State University suspect was reportedly a Somali refugee student, Pete Williams of NBC reports.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Default Re: Ohio State University: Suspect killed, 10 hospitalized after campus suv/knife att

MSM right now on cable are bringing up gun control issue (nice spin), but to my current understanding, there is still no gun involved. A big knife (machete?) and a car.

Thanks

LOL! RIP Harambe. That Gorilla may be dead, but he will live forever on the internet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

No gun? How did the Skinny get perforated? It was gun violence! Blue on Black!
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Be an interesting day or two as the Perp's back story comes out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Be an interesting day or two as the Perp's back story comes out.
    He's probably stressed that Trump is president elect. That's how the MSM will spin it anyway.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm... A Somali drives a car into a crowd and then goes on a knifing spree...

Thanks

It's not explicitly mentioned in the article above but it looks like the attacker pulled the fire alarm to get people outside first and then drove into the crowd.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

OSU jihadi Abdul Artan: “I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be”

November 28, 20164:07 pm By Robert Spencer 5 Comments

Abdul Razak Artan, the Ohio State University jihad attacker, recently appeared in Ohio State University’s The Lantern, in a feature entitled “Humans of Ohio State.” In it, he played the victim and spoke about being nervous about performing his Islamic prayers in public:

“I just transferred from Columbus State. We had prayer rooms, like actual rooms where we could go to pray because we Muslims have to pray five times a day. There’s Fajr, which is early in the morning, at dawn. Then Zuhr during the daytime, then Asr in the evening, like right about now.

And then Maghrib, which is like right at sunset and then Isha at night. I wanted to pray Asr. I mean, I’m new here. This is my first day. This place is huge, and I don’t even know where to pray. I wanted to pray in the open, but I was kind of scared with everything going on in the media. I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be.

If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don’t know what they’re going to think, what’s going to happen.

But, I don’t blame them, it’s the media that put that picture in their heads so they’re just going to have it and it, it’s going to make them feel uncomfortable.

I was kind of scared right now. But I just did it. I relied on God. I went over to the corner and just prayed.”

Abdul Razak Artan, “third-year in logistic management,” is dead now, so The Lantern can’t go back to him and ask him if he understands better now why people might be nervous about Muslims praying, and why it isn’t just the fault of “the media.”

OSU jihadi Abdul Artan lived in Pakistan before coming to US as “refugee,” used car registered to Mohamed Ali

November 28, 2016 3:28 pm By Robert Spencer 10 Comments

The question of the jihad attacker’s identity seems to be solved now. Also, Columbus Police Chief Kim Jacobs was refreshingly honest, saying: “I think we have to consider that it is” a terror attack. “Attack at Ohio State campus: 9 injured, suspect killed by police,” 10TV, November 28, 2016 (thanks to Pamela Geller): CBS News […]

OSU jihadi: “America! Stop interfering with other countries … [if] you want us Muslims to stop carrying lone wolf attacks”

By Robert Spencer 17 Comments

He also mentioned jihadi mastermind Anwar al-Awlaki. Will authorities admit this was not just a terror attack, but a jihad attack, one attack in a large global jihad?

“Abdul Razak Ali Artan: Everything we know about the OSU attack suspect,” ABC13, November 28, 2016 (thanks to Ken):
    Law enforcement officials have identified the suspect in Monday morning’s attack at Ohio State University as Abdul Razak Ali Artan. Here’s everything we know about him:

Artan was born in Somalia

He was born in Somalia and living in the United States as a legal permanent resident, sources tell the Associated Press. It was unclear when and why Artan came to the US.

Artan was an OSU student

At the time of the attack, Artan was enrolled at OSU, university officials confirm. They believe he was in his first semester at the university.

He reportedly remained silent throughout the attack

An eyewitness to the rampage told CNN in an interview that Artan was “completely silent” and “very creepy” as he carried out the attack.

He reportedly discussed attacks on Muslims on social media

Sources tells ABC News that authorities are looking at a Facebook posting online to determine if it is connected to the OSU suspect. The posting mentions radical cleric Anwar Awlaki and says, among other things: “I am sick and tired of seeing my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters being killed and tortured EVERYWHERE. … I can’t take it anymore. America! Stop interfering with other countries … [if] you want us Muslims to stop carrying lone wolf attacks.”…

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

"We're peaceful dammit and if you don't believe we are, we'll kill you to prove it!"

Thanks

Flashback:
    FBI Confirms Act of Terror in Ohio: Muslim Machete Attacker on Terror Watchlist, Came to U.S. on Green Card

AP Photo/Kantele Franko/NBC News/screenshot

by Warner Todd Huston18 Feb 2016Columbus, OH93
    Authorities have confirmed that the machete-wielding attacker, who slashed guests at an Ohio restaurant, was an immigrant and that the incident is being investigated as an terror attack.

Mohamed Barry, a Muslim immigrant from Guinea, charged into the Nazareth Restaurant and Deli in Columbus, Ohio, on Feb. 11 and immediately began attacking innocent patrons with a machete, according to reports.

The Columbus Dispatch reported, “The owner of the Nazareth Restaurant and Deli said he believes his business was targeted because of his Israeli descent.” He and others immediately said the attack was an act of terror.

Doral Chenoweth/The Columbus Dispatch via AP

The suspect allegedly shouted “Allahu Akbar” as he hacked at patrons with his machete, and the scene of the attack was called a “bloodbath” by the victims.

Police soon arrived on the scene, but the suspect lunged at them with a knife, at which point they fired their service weapons hitting him and killing him.

But the media quickly claimed that the motive for the attack was “unclear,” while the FBI compounded the confusion by initially refusing to characterize the attack as terrorism.

But this week, the reticence to properly characterize the attack dissipated, and authorities admitted that it was being investigated as an act of terror.

The FBI also announced that Barry was in the U.S. on a green card and had been on the terror watchlist.

Tragically, the owner of the restaurant, Hany Baransi, has announced he will permanently close his restaurant.

Some of the victims of the attack, all of whom are expected to make a successful recovery, recently returned to the restaurant for a celebration of life.

Machete victims stop by the Nazareth to celebrate it’s re-opening. @wsyx6 pic.twitter.com/9GH82ls3Eq
    — Rob Wells (@robwsyx6) February 16, 2016

Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston, or email the author at igcolonel@hotmail.com.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

This was posted by the OSU Assistant Director of Residence Life:

Thanks

I wish I could figure out how to share it to her timeline. I have no compassion for people with a callous disregard for human life. Fuck that dead jihadi. I only hope he's burning for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    This was posted by the OSU Assistant Director of Residence Life:

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Thread Information