Thread: DJI Mavic Pro...cruise above my town.

Thanks

Default DJI Mavic Pro...cruise above my town.

My wife bought me a reasonably priced drone for Christmas(U818) and for what it is, it's fun. Since I am into photography I had to get one with a better camera. These DJI Mavic drones have been hard to get until recently so when I put my order in for it, I didn't expect it for some weeks...then it shows up 4 days later .

Anyway, this thing is glued to wherever you tell it to go and stays wherever you tell it to stay. The camera gimbal is stabilized and this thing takes rock solid 4k video.

I shot it straight up 344 feet for a 3 minute spin. It's an amazing drone.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: DJI Mavic Pro...cruise above my town.

Jesus! That camera is insanely steady! When you first brought it up to view the lake, I thought the video might have frozen until you started panning it.

Excellent video quality!

If I could just stop spending money upgrading my truck, I could probably afford one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    Jesus! That camera is insanely steady! When you first brought it up to view the lake, I thought the video might have frozen until you started panning it.

Excellent video quality!

If I could just stop spending money upgrading my truck, I could probably afford one.

I'm quite pleased with the stability. The Phantom 4 pro has a slightly better camera, but I'm not sure the portability loss and $800 is worth it for a slight upgrade in cam quality.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Is your video feed via cell or on it's own independent channel?

That was one thing I liked about the Phantom 4 Pro+ my buddy was looking at, no need for cell coverage.

Thanks

Is your video feed via cell or on it's own independent channel?

That was one thing I liked about the Phantom 4 Pro+ my buddy was looking at, no need for cell coverage.
    The video feed can be from your cell. I however am using an Nvidia Shield that I adapted to work with the controller. I wanted a bigger screen.

Some folks are using Ipad Mini 2.

The actual recorded 4k video resides on an SD card on the drone. A 720 or 1080 feed streams to the controller. You need a beefy phone/tablet to record higher than 720 on the controller. My Galaxy S5 (my Phone) and the shield tablet don't have enough cpu to do that.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

So I'm upping my game a little.

As my heart was fluttering, I sent it out over the lake and it made it back safely!

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Damn, you keep posting these awesome videos and you're going to make me spend money I don't have on something I don't need.

Thanks

Damn, you keep posting these awesome videos and you're going to make me spend money I don't have on something I don't need.
    I'm trying...I need to start off with a shot list and I need to deaden the sticks a bit. There's one Yaw in there, early on, that was way too fast.

That said, this is the best gadget I've ever owned, hands down.

Do what I did. Buy it on Paypal credit, you get 6 months to pay it off. I paid it off in 3 weeks, because I sold some shit but it gave me options.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

I'm trying to wait until my friend gets his Phantom Pro, gets bored of it like every gadget he gets, and then buy it off him for a fraction of what he paid.

Thanks

Did a video of the Tennessee Pipeline that runs near my house.

6 years ago they clear cut a shit ton of trees. It's on the mend now, but it's going to be a while.

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

Man, I am continually impressed with these videos.

Was that max operational distance from you? Does it have auto-return when it loses comms with the radio?

Thanks

Man, I am continually impressed with these videos.

Was that max operational distance from you? Does it have auto-return when it loses comms with the radio?
    Max distance? LOL! 5 of 5 bars on the connection meter. It never dropped off of max.

I was about 5000 feet away at the max. The drone is rated for around 25k feet.

It does auto-return on comm loss assuming you actually let it record a home point before you hit the throttle.
    -- Theodore Roosevelt

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Wow, these are great Mal!!

Very cool, may need one in the future.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thread Information