Thread: 2017 Canceled & Renewed TV Shows

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 2017 Canceled & Renewed TV Shows

Time for the annual cancelled and renewed TV shows thread!

TV Grim Reaper: Final Renewal / Cancellation Predictions & Status For Every 2016-17 Broadcast Scripted TV Show

TV Grim Reaper’s predictions are for scripted broadcast primetime show renewals for the 2017-18 season or cancellations by the end of the 2016-17 season.

ABC
    Program % Renewal Chance
    Secrets And Lies 5% canceled 5/11
    The Real O’Neals 15% canceled 5/11
    Quantico 20%
    American Crime 25% canceled 5/11
    Imaginary Mary 25% canceled 5/11
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 35% renewed 5/11
    The Catch 45% canceled 5/11
    Once Upon A Time 60% renewed 5/11
    Dr. Ken 80% canceled 5/11
    Designated Survivor 90% renewed 5/11
    Fresh Off The Boat 90% renewed 5/12
    Last Man Standing 90% canceled 5/10
    American Housewife 99% renewed 5/11
    Modern Family 99% renewed 5/10
    Speechless 99% renewed 5/12
    The Goldbergs 99% renewed 5/11
    black-ish 100% renewed 5/10
    Conviction canceled
    Notorious canceled
    Time After Time canceled
    Grey’s Anatomy renewed
    How To Get Away With Murder renewed
    Scandal renewed
    The Middle renewed
    CBS
    Program % Renewal Chance
    Ransom 5%
    Elementary 10% renewed 5/12
    The Great Indoors 25% canceled 5/12
    2 Broke Girls 45% canceled 5/12
    Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders 45% canceled 5/14
    Code Black 55% renewed 5/14
    Doubt canceled
    Pure Genius canceled
    The Odd Couple canceled
    Training Day canceled
    Blue Bloods renewed
    Bull renewed
    Criminal Minds renewed
    Hawaii Five-0 renewed
    Kevin Can Wait renewed
    Life in Pieces renewed
    MacGyver renewed
    Madam Secretary renewed
    Man With A Plan renewed
    Mom renewed
    NCIS renewed
    NCIS: Los Angeles renewed
    NCIS: New Orleans renewed
    Scorpion renewed
    Superior Donuts renewed
    The Big Bang Theory renewed
    CW
    Program % Renewal Chance
    Frequency 5% canceled 5/8
    No Tomorrow 5% canceled 5/8
    The Originals 45% renewed 5/10
    iZombie 65% renewed 5/10
    Reign canceled
    The Vampire Diaries canceled
    Arrow renewed
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend renewed
    DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow renewed
    Jane The Virgin renewed
    Riverdale renewed
    Supergirl renewed
    Supernatural renewed
    The 100 renewed
    The Flash renewed
    Fox
    Program % Renewal Chance
    Scream Queens 5% canceled 5/15
    Making History 10% canceled 5/11
    Sleepy Hollow 10% canceled 5/9
    The Exorcist 15% renewed 5/12
    APB 20% canceled 5/11
    Rosewood 25% canceled 5/9
    Son of Zorn 35% canceled 5/11
    New Girl 45% renewed 5/14
    Shots Fired 45% canceled 5/15
    24: Legacy 55% maybe 5/15
    Prison Break 55% maybe 5/15
    Brooklyn Nine-Nine 65% renewed 5/12
    The Last Man On Earth 75% renewed 5/10
    Gotham 95% renewed 5/10
    Bones canceled
    Pitch canceled
    Bob’s Burgers renewed
    Empire renewed
    Family Guy renewed
    Lethal Weapon renewed
    Lucifer renewed
    Star renewed
    The Mick renewed
    The Simpsons renewed
    NBC
    Program % Renewal Chance
    Timeless 20% canceled 5/10 uncanceled 5/13
    Great News 25% renewed 5/11
    Taken 30% renewed 5/9
    The Blacklist: Redemption 30% canceled 5/12
    Trial And Error 45% pending 5/14
    Blindspot 65% renewed 5/10
    The Blacklist 85% renewed 5/11
    Chicago Justice 90% pending 5/14
    Chicago Fire 99% renewed 5/10
    Chicago Med 99% renewed 5/10
    Chicago P.D. 99% renewed 5/10
    Law & Order: SVU 99% renewed 5/12
    Emerald City canceled
    Grimm canceled
    Powerless canceled
    Shades Of Blue renewed
    Superstore renewed
    The Good Place renewed
    This Is Us renewed

Thankfully this year most all of my shows I watch are coming back!

The biggest surprise was Elementary getting a renewal which I was very glad to see. Rush Limbaugh was too as he brought it up on his show, mentioning it's one of his favorites as well. Others I weren't sure if they would make it due to previous shakiness but happy to see come back included Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, and Scorpion. I'd put NCIS in this category too as there had been talk it may not be around much longer.

Was disappointed to see APB get cancelled but not the least bit surprised. SciFi on Fox. All that really needs to be said about that. And while it wasn't a super awesome show, I did enjoy it. Same with Training Day but, it's a little obvious why that got cancelled. Included with this is Blacklist:Redemption. Decent but just didn't feel like it was hitting its stride.

Glad to see Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Last Man On Earth get renewals. They looked decent in the ratings and I think they're some of the funniest comedy on TV right now! Also good to see Blacklist and Blindspot getting to continue even though the ratings have fallen off a little. I still think they're good TV.

Not surprised to see Gotham and Lucifer getting renewals given their strong ratings. Gotham has to be one of the most well done shows on TV (or at least network TV) currently and Lucifer is right there with it. Not surprised to see Lethal Weapon get picked up again either because of how well it has done too, good blend of action and comedy. On par with Gotham and Lucifer. Interesting how Fox is carrying some of the best shows right now...

I think the only bigger surprise than Elementary getting a renewal or Last Man Standing getting cancelled despite strong ratings (which I hadn't watched but now have all the season of and will) was, at least for me, MacGyver getting renewed! Did not see that one coming! Guess I'll continue to watch it.

Still waiting to see what the verdict is on the relaunch of Prison Break and 24:Legacy, since I'm liking both of those pretty well.

Thanks

Default Re: 2017 Canceled & Renewed TV Shows

Last man standing getting canceled was because of the Conservative overtones of the show. ABC hated that it became a success. They had hoped it would fail and they could say people don't watch those kind of shows. This I learned from my cousin who works at ABC in the programming department. Though he's small potatoes there. I think his assessment is reliable since he's a Jehovah's Witness and holds no dog in the political fights. Still rumors are rumors and to be taken as such.

Wife and I love Blacklist. And we kind of figured Bones would come to an end. Other than that She loves Criminal Minds and I like NCIS so both those continue.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 2017 Canceled & Renewed TV Shows

Looks like no more Prison Break or 24:Legacy for now.

Fox Hits Pause On ‘24 Legacy’ & Says No More ‘Prison Break’ Plans “Right Now”

May 15, 2017

There will be no more 24: Legacy or Prison Break on Fox in the immediate future, execs announced today, though there may be a chance of escape to another revival eventually for the latter.

There are “no plans rights now” for more of the Wentworth Miller– and Dominic Purcell-led Prison Break after its latest event series revival, Fox co-chairman and CEO Gary Newman said today. However, the exec didn’t shut the door entirely on more Prison Break. Declaring “we loved this season,” Newman suggested that if producers of the Paul Scheuring-created action drama “come back” with an idea for a new installment down the line, the network could be open to it.

Saying that more Prison Break, which ended its original four-season run in 2009, would be “seriously considered,” co-chairman and CEO Dana Walden added, “we want to make it special.”

Brought back April 4 for a nine-episode run of what is ostensibly a fifth season, Prison Break has been so-so in Live+Same Day ratings for Fox but a solid performer in delayed viewing.

As for the future of 24: Legacy, blame Broadway. The Great White Way is where reboot star Corey Hawkins is onstage in Six Degrees Of Separation, and that’s stopped the clock on more 24 for now. While mentioning more 24 could be “in the mix,” Newman said on a Monday morning conference call that Hawkins’ “schedule won’t allow consideration for the fall.”

Coming off a strong post-Super Bowl debut before seeing tepid ratings for most of its run that ended on April 17, the new 24 was still praised by Fox execs today. “We were so happy with the creative on that show,” Walden said. “We think Corey Hawkins did a great job — replacing Jack Bauer was no easy feat.”

Super-spy Bauer was of course the character Emmy winner Kiefer Sutherland played on the real-time-running 24 from its debut in 2001 to its Season 8 end in 2010, as well as the limited series 24: Live Another Day in 2014. Now on ABC’s Designated Survivor playing POTUS, Sutherland was not onscreen for the spinoff created by Manny Coto and Evan Katz, though he did serve as an EP.

Giving further hope to more 24, the Fox execs said Monday that they wanted to sit down with executive producer Howard Gordon to see where the franchise could perhaps go next.

Fox is scheduled to make its Upfront presentation today in New York.

I'm in the middle of rewatching the original 24 (just finished season 6) and it is definitely a much better show than 24:Legacy. Kiefer Sutherland made that show. Don't get me wrong, 24:Legacy isn't bad and I did like it but, Corey Hawkins is no Jack Bauer.

That said, Sutherland's Designated Survivor is a snooze fest. Tried to watch it when it started and lost interest fast.

Also disappointed in the news on Prison Break. The old team still had the chemistry they did when it originally aired and it was a good watch.

Thread Information