As most everyone here knows, I'm a big fan of beer!

I've wanted to start homebrewing but it was always one of those things to get around to, especially since I had no idea what exactly I'd need to do it or how to even do it at all. Recently I ended up with a good deal on an entire homebrewing setup:

It came with a bunch of bottles in an Oberon box so I knew it had to be a sign!

Ended up with the whole setup for $140.

I bought a new CO2 regulator since they suspected the old one could be bad for $25. I believe the CO2 canister needs filled but won't know for sure until I get the new regulator.

I've since watched a number of YouTube videos on the subject and now have a decent grasp on what all the equipment does as well as equipment I didn't have but would need, like a beer gun so I could fill bottles from my kegs. The bottle filling wand listed can only be used if you're going straight from the carboy to bottles. I want to keep my brew in the kegs for less work and only bottle as needed, hence the need for the beer gun to dispense from the kegs.

One of the biggest reasons I wanted to get into homebrewing was so that I could enjoy Oberon (or a very close approximation of it) year round since it is seasonal. So, with all that sorted, I went ahead and ordered an extract kit that is advertised as being an Oberon clone. This ended up being about $55 shipped, which on it's own would put my Oberon clone in the $11/gallon range instead of the $25/1.25 gallon range of the mini-kegs when they can be found.

Doing the math on all of the equipment plus kit price, it will end up working out to needing to brew about 3 batches before I start to break even. That shouldn't take too long though.

Right now the beer kit, some additional sanitizer, the regulator, and a beer gun are all inbound. Once I have the kit I'll get started since the brew needs time in primary and secondary fermentation before it can even be kegged, which would require use of the CO2, regulator, and beer gun so I can get started without those.

I will update this thread with progress on my first batch as it happens...