Bummer. It was probably smoking related. I understand that he had COPD.

More detail at link...the formatting was too messed up.

He was the show I always WANTED to listen to, I just rarely ever got to. It ran very late and of course, I had a job. The two don't mix.

In the early and mid-90s when I was heavily into the UFO/Paranormal scene, his shows were a regular source of information.

I also credit him for my use of the term NBE. You see, he had an NDE, no, not a Near Death Experience. He had a No Deck Experience. He was getting work done, stepped outside of his studio for a smoke and fell some distance onto the slab, nearly impaling himself on some rebar. I've since stolen the term for Near BEAR experience. Until he humorously re-wrote the acronym, it hadn't occurred to me to appropriate the letters into something similar.

---------
https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/art-b...eath-dies-how/

Facebook Art Bell

Radio host Art Bell – whose conspiracy theories and interest in paranormal activity and UFOs were broadcast into homes throughout America – is dead, according to the Nye County Sheriff’s Department in Nevada.
“Community Announcement — Long time resident, and radio show host, Art Bell died today at 72 years old in his home in Pahrump Nevada,” the Sheriff’s Department announced on Facebook. “With an estimated 10 million listeners, Bell’s show was at the time of his retirement the most listened-to late-night radio program, and fourth overall,” ABC News reports.

Bell leaves behind his wife, Airyn, whom he married at age 22 in 2006. She was his fourth wife, and he had four children with multiple wives. You can read more about Airyn Bell here. Bell’s life was punctuated with tragedy throughout the years, including the sudden loss of his third wife, Ramona.
Here’s what you need to know: