The Massive Yet Tiny Engine
Imagine dumping the big V-8 in your SUV for a 25-pound, 2.4 liter engine that gives you 150 miles per gallon on biodiesel - with a boost in horsepower and torque to boot. Meet Raphial Morgado and the little engine that could... With up to 40 times the power to weight ratio of a conventional engine, flexible fuel compatibility, a displacement of 850 cubic inches and the torque of a 32-cylinder engine, the MYT is the beginning of a new paradigm for engines in the 21st century!

"The inspiration for the MYT Engine design came from the need to have an engine that can stand up to the tremendous abuse of drag racing. After literally blowing up more than my share of engines during racing, I swore to myself that I'd build something that met the required needs while providing higher-durability & reduced complexity in the process. Also, because this design was originally intended for the output demands of the drag-strip, I wanted a design that would give me the largest displacement, highest torque, and lightest weight available. The Massive Yet Tiny engine meets those needs, with 850 cubic inches of displacement, 32-pulses per cycle, and a 150 pound package measuring only 14" by 14" in diameter."

"By replacing an 800 pound V-8 engine with a 25 pound MYT and running it on biodiesel, we can achieve 150 miles per gallon in an otherwise conventional vehicle -- plus, you're going to have better take-off and stopping power by removing that 800 pound engine. That's what we can do. It is achievable." - Raphial Morgado

The MYT engine is the result of a $4 million dollar R&D project undertaken by Angel Labs LLC to build the ultimate internal combustion engine. Inspired by drag racing, inventor Raphial Morgado designed the engine with a focus on power, torque, and fuel-efficiency to meet the hefty demands of the today's automotive applications in a lightweight package. The result was a revolutionary design with a power-to-weight ratio up to 40 to 1, over 3,000 ft/lbs of torque, and a diesel-mode mileage in excess of 150 mpg!

This series of 3 videoclips provides an in-depth look at what the MYT is, how it works, and why it's important. The "Los Angeles Auto-Show Presentation" features a 10-minute commentary on the technology by inventor Raphial Morgado, and provides details on the background of the engine and what makes it so unique. The "MYT Engine Description" clip is a 5-minute narrated animation providing a walk-through on the operation of the engine and how it compares to traditional internal combustion technology, and the "MYT Engine Testing" video shows both a close-up rotation of the cylinders in the Angel Labs prototype, as well as 2 minutes of test-videos shot with the MYT in dyno-testing on a 150-psi non-combustion airstream.