Thursday, June 22
Lost Binoculars
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

Recommended Reading
Ephesians 5:1-4
Allen C. Emery was a successful businessman who also served as an officer for many evangelical organizations; and for several years, he chaired the board of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. He and his wife also hosted a Bible Club at their Massachusetts home that drew up to 100 young people each week.

Allen once wrote about his father's influence on him. In his book, A Turtle on a Fencepost, Emery said, "Today I find myself still asking myself, 'What would daddy do?' when confronted with those decisions in business and in life that are so often not black and white, but gray."

"Once," he recalled, "(my dad) lost a pair of fine German binoculars. He collected insurance only to find the binoculars a year later. Immediately he sent a check to the company and received a letter back stating that this seldom occurred and that they were encouraged. It was a small thing, but children never forget examples lived before them."

Teaching children to be moral and honest is part of parental responsibility. The best textbook is the Bible, and the best teacher is a godly mom or dad.

I am in debt to the memory-making efforts that my father made to imprint indelibly upon my mind the meaning of integrity.
Allen Emery

Read-Thru-The-Bible
Psalm 103:1 105:45