Thread: Shackled Marine

Thanks

Default Shackled Marine

I have started this tread, since I have an old friend who's son is part of this investigation. I will be posting some added info.later. Please listen to Savage and if you can send some dollars to help out for the legal bills. My friend told me that he has spoken to his son. They have him in chains, leg chains and armed guard was behind him all the time he was speaking to his father.

Thanks
    falcon
    P.S. Please feel free to post this message on other boards, this family needs help to pay the legal bills.

Shackled Marine Update
    Dear Dr. Savage:

My Secretary handed me a document this evening which stunned me. It was a document from the investigation which had been scanned and e-mailed to my office by a member of the media. I don’t know who leaked the document- - whether it was an "unnamed Pentagon official," NCIS, or a politician with an agenda- - but I do know that it is an outrage that the only piece of documentary evidence I’ve seen so far in this case came from a member of the media and not from the Marine Corps. As my client sits shackled in solitary confinement in the Marine Corps Brig with charges yet to be filed, the Marine Corps has stooped to leaking portions of the investigation in order to advance their case in the media.

This maneuver calculated solely for the benefit of an agenda constitutes a miscarriage of justice to the prejudice of my client and all involved. The intentional circulation of this document should shock the conscience of all Americans concerned with the fair treatment of our men and women in uniform. I am outraged that government officials would trample on the constitutional rights of a decorated military member in an effort to meet an agenda. This type of malicious action jeopardizes any chance my client and these Marines might have had for a fair trial. An independent congressional inquiry should commence to investigate this impermissible conduct.

In a similar vein, I am troubled by the "unlawful command influence" at the highest levels. When the commander-in-chief and other high level military officials are passing on the guilt of these men and making statements regarding punishment based on pure conjecture, what message is that sending to their military subordinates who will be charged with rendering a fair judgment in this case? Any potential military juror has already seen and heard their superiors at the highest levels intimate their personal verdicts. That kind of influence is patently unjust and, I’m afraid, will operate to taint the judgment of what is supposed to be an impartial fact-finder. My client’s opportunity for justice has been irreparably compromised even before the first charge has been filed.

It is a sad day in military justice when honor on the battlefield takes a back seat to political agendas.

Thanks again for your support. You are a true American.

Jeremiah J. Sullivan, III
    Law Offices of Jeremiah J. Sullivan, III

www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/shackled.html

Thanks

Default Re: Shackled Marine

There is more information at www.patriotdefensefund.com. You can even send email letter of support to his wife, who will forward it to the prisoner of war. He is one of 7 or 8 being held, was deployed twice, and the charges against these men came directly from the enemy.

Thanks

As I was telling falcon in chat tonight... I think these Marines are likely going to get hung out to dry. To even think we'd look into charges filed by terrorists is unbelievable. To already be talking possible punishments is mind boggling.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Here come the charges:

http://www.blogsofwar.com/2006/06/21...d-with-murder/
    Pendleton 8 Charged with Murder
    Wednesday June 21, 2006 Filed under: Military

And they face the dealth penalty:
    The military on Wednesday charged seven Marines and a Navy corpsman with premeditated murder and other crimes in the April 26 killing of an Iraqi civilian in a village west of Baghdad, the U.S. Marine Corps said on Wednesday.

All eight men face the possibility of the death penalty if convicted. They were charged with premeditated murder, larceny, conspiracy, housebreaking, making false official statements, assault, kidnapping and obstruction of justice.

“The Marine Corps takes allegations of wrongdoing by Marines very seriously and is committed to thoroughly investigating such allegations. The Marine Corps also prides itself on holding its members accountable for their actions,” Col. Stewart Navarre told reporters at Camp Pendleton, California.
    Looks more like to me they have been found guilty until proven innocent. If you haven't called or written yet, please do so! These men are out of shackles at this point; and that could have something to do with the protesting on their behalf.

Thanks

Here's a letter I've received back from the Navy Corpsman and the first is from his wife:

To Whom It May Concern,

I would like to start out by expressing how much all of your thoughts, prayers, and words of support have helped lift mine and my husbands spirits through these hard times. It is amazing to see how many people are supporting my husband and his marines. God Bless all of you. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. It is people like each and every one of you that make it easier for me and my family in these hard times. I want to let you all know that I have delivered all of your emails to my husband. Although he is not allowed to use a computer he has asked me to pass on a letter of thanks he wrote himself. It will be at the bottom of this email. I wish that I would respond to each and every one of you personally, but my busy schedule right now doesn't permit that. I am also in the Navy and I am a single mom for now so my free time is very little. I thank you all for the support.
    I would also like to give everyone an update on my husband. He and the marines are now out of shackles. The Marine Corp has announced that they will hold a press conference today June 21 to tell the charges of the guys. I also would like to let you all know that he got to see his 13 month old daughter for the first time since Jan. when he deployed this past Father's Day weekend. It was so amazing. He actually got to hold her and hug and kiss us both. Thanks to all of you people who have spoke about this and got the guys out of shackles. Please keep praying and spreading the word about these guys and my husband. Once again we can't thank you enough for all of the support.

Thank you and God bless,
    Heather

Here is the letter written by my husband to all of his supporters:

To the American People:
    Thank you so much for the support. Although, I wish I could be stating this myself but the circumstances of my situation do not allow it. You all have been great to me and the support given by you lifts me up when I get down. You raise my heart up and lift my spirits with passion and love you send. You remind me what I signed up for and what our beloved country is about. I am, with no doubt, proud to be in the Navy and proud to serve my country and the American people. My wife shows me emails that you send and I can't help but smile. I am a 20 year old Navy Corpsman. Not old enough to buy a beer, yet old enough to support a wife and child and deploy to Iraq twice. In the year and 1 month I have been married, only about 6 of those months I have had to spend with my family. During my first deployment to Fallujah, I have treated and seen my brothers fall and I am proud to be following the foot steps of many corpsmen in WWII and Vietnam. Seeing my comrades fall was very difficult and had me feeling guilty that I had not saved their lives. That is something that I am going to live with for the rest of my life. One day I hope to become a surgeon so I can save lives in a different aspect but right now, I have different things to focus on. Proud to be a Navy Corpsman and Proud to serve my country. I am the Hospital Corpsman Third Class, thanking you for your support. God Bless you all.

Thread Information