Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current World Situation - Start:11 July 2006-Today

Thanks

Post Current World Situation - Start:11 July 2006-Today

I am opening this thread for a specific reason.

Please use this thread for the cross connection of "schemes" we see going on.

For instance....

North Korea is launching missile tests. Iran is involved.

Israel is under attack and is hitting back at both Hizzbola in Lebanon, and attacking specific targets in Gaza. Iran is INVOLVED.

The open source intel I'm seeing at this point is showing troop movements in several countries at this point.

Are we looking at a flashpoint that is about to explode?

Comments, reports, discussion please.

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Current World Situation - 11 July 2006

Rick,

Can you elaborate on the countries showing troop movements?
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Thanks

Rick, this all looks very bad. Israel is fighting on two fronts simultaneously. Iran has involvement in these happenings. What do you think is likely to happen? Sean alluded to a possibility of our being attacked by Iran. Does Iran have such capabilities? I have so many questions. Reserves are being called up in Israel. How long before we are in this? And I did see where recently you can join the service even if you are 42 now. Do rules like that change during war times, because I know several people who are too old according to regular rules but sure would jump at the opportunity to be a part of serving America in the Armed Forces?

Thanks

Lebanon, Syria and moving troops. Iran apparently is moving troops, for some reason, but I've not gotten good data on that.

Sean might be able to come up with more
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Rules change, and yes, thjey can join I heard too. I can be called back til 60 btw
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson
    Rules change, and yes, thjey can join I heard too. I can be called back til 60 btw
    Heh, a walker would be a good place to prop your rifle...

Nick
    Peace through superior firepower

Thanks

Wednesday, July 12, 2006
    LONDON — Iranian military representatives attended North Korea's Taepodong-2 missile launch, according to Japanese news reports.

At least 10 members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps attended the Taepodong-2 intermediate missile launch. Japan's Sankei Shimbun and South Korea's official Yonhap news agency reported the IRGC personnel were senior engineers who sought to learn from Pyongyang's missile program.

Yonhap reported on July 1 that the IRGC engineers participated in the preparation for the Taepodong launch, Middle East Newsline reported. The news agency said the IRGC has been examining Chinese-origin missile technology for Iranian procurement. South Korean sources said Iran and North Korea could be planning a project for the joint development of new liquid missile propellant. Yonhap quoted the sources as saying that the propellant could be used for both Iranian and North Korean missiles.

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...001388889.html

Jag

Thanks

Heh, a walker would be a good place to prop your rifle...
    I'm almost 50 now, Nick. I don't need a walker, and I can keep up with the 20-somethings.

Then again, if I need a walker, hell yes, I'm gonna use it to brace my weapon. LOL

Since I'm a one-shot-one-kill kinda guy, that'll make it easier.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'm hearing reports now from Fox news from ambassador Mark Ginzberg that Iran is definately involved in this situation, in that they pay monies to Hizzbola. He stated basically that this was a complicated situation, but it appears that folks are playing into the hands of the islamics. He didn't say those words, that's my take on his convoluted remarks.

This appears to me to be a staged situation at this point. The taking of the soldiers was sufficient to get Israel upset and attack. NOW, this morning of course the Arab nations involved are calling "for the world to intervene" -- attempting to make it appear as if Israel is at fault for this.

Iran is in the middle of this, and somehow, they will be more involved shortly I think.

The UN boss... Kofi Anonymous called Israel the "bad guy" in the situation and has condemned Israel, at the same time the White House and State Department were condemning Lebanon for taking the hostages and calling it an act of terrorism.

Look folks, this is the flashpoint. World War III was the Cold War. This War on Terrorism is World War IV and we're in the middle of it now -- and it is about to get very nasty.

Rick

Last edited by American Patriot; July 13th, 2006 at 13:29.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Ok....

US Warships from the Atlantic Fleet have moved to the Pacific. Specifically the USS Enterprise is headed to Busan, South Korea. Interesting...

Israel is involved in a war now, with Lebanon. Lebanon - specifically Hizzbola comandos crossed over into Israel some time in the last 48 hours and attacked a tank, killed some soldiers and took two men hostage. At this point there are rumors running that Hizzbola wishes to move the Israelis to Iran.

Iran denies this. Hizzbola obtains a good portion of it's funding from Iran. The rest of it's money comes from Syria.

Yesterdday President Bush condemned Hizzbola and Lebanon for this "act of terrorism" (kidnapping the soldiers).

Hizzbola has gleefully anounced they were HAPPY that the kidnapping took place and claimed it to be a planned operation.

India is pointing the finger at Pakistan about the railway attacks. Another "muslim venture" perhaps? It's believed that the attackers were Al-queda connected as well. North Korea gets missiles from Iran. North Korea and Iran both are pushing the Nuclear Envelope.

China and Russia do not want sanctions placed on North Korea. The US has condemned the attacks on Israel and Russia has condemned Israel. Kofi Annan has condemned Israel and reversed himself as well now.

People are taking sides now.

The world is beginning to align on either side of the world issues now. Mostly, they appear to be interconnected.

Comments.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

It's definately coming to a head.

I don't think it's going to blow up into a major conflagration. Ackydingyjad wants it to but nothing is going to happen.

-Mal

Thanks

Malsua, I think you're going to be wrong on this one.

Syria is already involved, shooting at Israel now. The Hezzbullah are shooting.

A wall between Egypt and Gaza was blown apart today, allowing hundreds of people in and out of Gaza. Perhaps even the kidnapped soldiers, and militants got out?

Also note this:

Why August 22? (Iran planning to make a bigger splash?)
    Zionist.com ^ | July 8, 2006

Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has rejected Western demands that he respond to a new proposal regarding the cessation of Iran’s nuclear efforts by the middle of this month.

To the consternation of officials in Europe and Washington, Ahmadinejad promised only to respond by the end of the Iranian month of Mordad (August 22).

Why that date? Why so long to look over a simple package of incentives and give either a negative or a positive reply? Finding the answers to these troubling questions may require America and Europe to come to terms with a reality Western liberalism has done its best to ignore - that Islam remains engaged in a clash of civilizations with the Judeo-Christian world.

You see, Ahmadinejad is a strong believer in the Shi’ite tradition of a 12th imam, the so-called “hidden” Imam Mahdi who Allah has miraculously kept alive since his disappearance in 874 AD. As the story goes, Imam Mahdi will return at a time of great global chaos, oppression and bloodshed and usher in an era of (Islamic) justice.

Ahmadinejad sees himself as Allah’s instrument to pave the way for Imam Mahdi, and constantly uses public appearances to urge his countrymen to prepare to back him in this task.

Rumor is, Imam Mahdi could be returning this August (or shortly thereafter), just around the time some military experts believe Iran will be ready to construct its first nuclear weapon. Go figure.

Ahmadinejad has made clear his confidence that he and other true believers can affect this apocalyptic timetable, and will use all means at his disposal to do so.

Also of note is that August 22 of this year corresponds with the Islamic date of Rajab 28, the day Saladin conquered and entered Jerusalem.

Taken in conjunction with Ahmadinejad’s stated desire to see Israel destroyed, it hardly seems a coincidence.

Will the coming months see Ahmadinejad attempt to bring about Imam Mahdi’s return by attacking Israel and generating the necessary regional and global chaos?

Perhaps the better question is, will the West start to take this man at his word in time to stop him?
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

'Escalation is inevitable' unless Israeli soldiers released: Harper
    CBC News ^ | July 14, 2006

Hamas must accept Israel's right to exist before there can be progress toward peace in the Middle East, Prime Minister Stephen Harper repeated Friday.

And the current crisis in the region will get worse unless militants release three Israeli soldiers, he said after meeting British Prime Minister Tony Blair in London.

"Escalation is inevitable" unless the soldiers are freed, he said. "That's the specific problem," while Hamas's failure to accept Israel is a more general issue.

The two leaders' main topic of conversation was the current crisis in the region, which has seen Israel blockade Lebanon and send troops into Gaza following the capture of three Israeli soldiers by the militant groups Hezbollah and Hamas.

After the meeting, Blair said he believes the only hope for lasting peace in the Middle East is for all parties to get back to the "road map," a step-by-step peace plan, because it represents "the only chance of peace and stability."

But Harper said there can be no progress on that plan until Hamas, which now forms the government in the Palestinian territories, accepts Israel's right to exist.

He described Israel's response following the capture of the three soldiers on Israeli soil as measured self-defence.

While Harper and Blair differ on what Harper called nuances, the Canadian leader is more at odds with the French and Russian leaders he will meet in the coming days. Both of them have criticized Israel's actions.

The meeting with Blair started Harper's first major overseas tour since he became prime minister following the January election.

(Excerpt) Read more at cbc.ca ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Taiwan holds live war-game, simulates Chinese invasion
    Defense Talk.com ^

Taiwan held its largest live-fire military exercise in years on July 20, testing fighter jets, U.S.-made Patriot missiles and ground troops against a simulated invasion by arch foe China.

Two anti-missile Patriots streaked towards the sky from mobile launchers on a beach off the northeastern city of Ilan during a drill codenamed “Han Kuang 22”. They destroyed a target missile launched some 30 kilometers (18 miles) away.

”This is the first time Patriot missiles were launched before the eyes of the public...to show our determination to safeguard Taiwan,” President Chen Shui-bian told hundreds of guests and reporters.

(Excerpt) Read more at defencetalk.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/si...hp?storyid=432

Special Reports : World War IV

By Sean Osborne
    Associate Director, Senior Analyst, Military Affairs
    sosborne@homelandsecurityus.com

22 July 2006

The current military situation in the Middle East is EVERYONE'S worst nightmare - whether they individually or collectively realize it at this moment or not. I say this due to the fact that, believe it or not, some here in the United States don’t believe this war will amount to much of anything for American’s to be concerned about. They do not realize or accept that we are engaged in World War IV. (I classify the so-called “Cold War” as World War III.)

They are wrong, and probably dead wrong.

To be sure, this is not just another Arab versus Israel war. This is an existential war. This is a war specifically begun via proxy as designed and prepared for by the regime of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Syria and their military allies. Israel is both the initial target and the ultimate objective.

So is the United States of America.

America is an enemy objective and a part of this war because we have been targeted by the Iranian regime, their proxy terrorist forces and allied nations due to our support of Israel. As long as America stands behind Israel as the arsenal of democracy and best hope of freedom the enemy axis powers know full well they cannot hope to defeat Israel on the battlefield. The Iranian plan has always been to ignite the two front war in Israel, and then to hit the US with a haymaker from our blindside. Their plan, the Hojjatieh sect of Shi’a Islam plan, has always been to ignite an Armageddon-like scenario, to collapse “Anglo-Saxon civilization” as an intregal part of the overall objective to achieve hegemony over all of the Middle East, Islam and the oil beneath those lands. Thus in executing these objectives nothing less than World War IV will result.

The Order of Battle

The events in Gaza and Northern Israel were the well coordinated triggering events which launched this war. The rapid escalation and weaponry brought to bear are indicative of the battle plan prepared well in advance of hostilities. Recent engagements illustrate this in an unambiguous manner.

A week ago an Israeli Navy Sa’ar-5 class corvette, the “Ahi Hanit”, was struck by an Iranian C-802 shore-to-ship variant of the Communist Chinese designed YJ-8 family of cruise missiles. Iran purchased at least sixty C-802’s from the Chinese PLA. The C-802 missile (NATO Codename: CSS-N-8 SACCADE) was launched under inertial guidance from the Lebanese littoral most likely by Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) troops. Most open-source military reports state that this cruise missile is radar guided. True, all indications are that the C-802 has a J-band (10 – 20 Gigahertz) terminal active radar guidance seeker in the warhead. However, what has not been widely reported is that an Iranian submarine, which I believe to be a Russian-made SSK Kilo-class electric-diesel boat, was nearby at the time. Did this Iranian sub provide some form of terminal guidance to the C-802 missile? It’s possible. That the sub was in the area of combat operations prior to the execution of the battle plan also speaks to the detailed preparations made by Iran. There are no reports that I am aware of which reported this sub transiting north-bound through the Suez Canal. The lack of this information in open-sources means that the Iranian sub had quite a long voyage around the African continent to arrive on station prior to hostilities. My theory is that upon reaching the Strait of Gibraltar the Iranian sub performed a maneuver that is known as “degaussing”. It parked itself directly underneath an eastbound commercial freighter and made the run through the strait completely under electrical power. It then continued along a 100 fathom line along the North African coast to the area of Tunisia and on to the eastern Mediterranean Sea.

Just about 48 hours ago I learned of the first open-source report on the detection of this submarine. The CBN report stated that a U.S. Air Force RC-135V/W "Rivet Joint" reconnaissance aircraft detected the Iranian submarine with its very sensitive Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) sensor array. The CBN report then commented on the full-extent of the electronic surveillance capabilities of the “Rivet Joint” aircraft by noting its sensors had also detected Iranian ballistic missile activities and shipments of these missiles to Lebanon.

In the past couple of days Israeli SOF had located an Iranian Zelzal-2 (Earthquake) short range ballistic missile (SRBM) on its launcher in Lebanon. The missile, with a maximum range of about 250 miles, was prepped and ready to launch. An immediate air strike guided by on-the-ground Israeli Special Forces laser designators was radioed in. The air strike on the missile launcher threw the Zelzal airborne momentarily and ultimately impacting the ground a very short distance away. Scratch one Zelzal. More Iranian Zelzal’s were targeted in the exact same manner as they crossed from Syria into Lebanon. When you read of or see broadcast reports of Israeli air strikes on bridges between Lebanon and Syria along the Beirut-Damascus highway and other avenues into Lebanon they are specifically intended to halt the flow of such war material. However, conservative estimates are that enemy combatants in Lebanon had at least 200 of these Iranian ballistic missiles prior to hostilities erupting.

The Current Situation Report (SITREP)

The war has the Israeli Defense Forces fully engaged, although not to the level of their entire strategic depth, but fairly close to that level. The Israeli’s are prepared for any battlefield eventuality, including the use of WMD. In fact, Israeli ground forces are about to move into southern Lebanon on a large scale combat operation to engage all enemy combatants. This may include Lebanese army forces who’ve reportedly sided with Hezbollah and IRGC forces. The Syrian military has been making aggressive moves of its own by targeting its missile forces on Israeli targets. One can reasonably expect that this is totally unacceptable to the Israeli High Command and a pre-emptive strike against Syrian targets is an imminent probability. The point of all this is to illustrate that this war is just getting to the boiling point and its escalation to full-scale regional warfare can happen within hours or minutes of your reading this article. I suspect that this war will involve the first use of weapons of mass destruction in the near term against Israel, with the resultant immediate Israeli retaliatory response directed against the Syrian capital city Damascus.

Can Israeli pre-emptive strikes against rear-echelon targets in Iran be far behind? And for how long will US and Coalition forces in the CENTCOM AO remain unengaged in the war given Iranian strategic objectives alluded to above?

Ultimately, and with little forewarning, World War IV in all of its mass destructiveness will arrive on our shores - in the American heartland. Hezbollah, Al Qaeda, HAMAS and other various proxy stooges of all nationalities or citizenships can and will strike our apparent national ambivalence to this direct threat. The Northeast Intelligence Network has been consistently warning of this inevitability for a very long time, and I must now, unfortunately, repeat this admonition to the whole of America: If you have not been vigilant in your local community before, you absolutely must be so engaged at this time. America is a primary target, a major military objective of Iran, its proxies and allies. Your survival depends upon the level of vigilance and preparations you may or may not have bothered to exert up to this minute. Personal responsibility, prudent planning and preparations are all that stand between you and your family, indeed your own neighborhood and region of the nation, and the war which is now in progress. God help us all.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; July 22nd, 2006 at 13:37.

Thanks

Good article Sean.

The question I have..."you absolutely must be so engaged at this time."

What does that mean for me? I have food, fuel, a generator and can go for at least a month, running the genset 30 minutes a day to pump water. I keep my eyes open and will call in stuff. I saw a guy in a van at a nearby resevoir, looking suspicious so I called it in. Was from Newark watershed or something. He looked funny because he had a thick coat on(it's was about 75 at the time), a ball cap pulled down, unmarked van, bottles of liquid at his feet and he turned away as I passed.

I guess my point is, other than calling in odd behavior, how can I engage? I am not being facetious here. Nothing I do other than being vigilant will make 2 bits difference. shrug.

-Mal

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua
    Good article Sean.
    Mal,

Thanks, judging by the tons of responses from all over the nation, others think so as well - in overwhelming numbers.

The question I have..."you absolutely must be so engaged at this time."
    What does that mean for me? I have food, fuel, a generator and can go for at least a month, running the genset 30 minutes a day to pump water. I keep my eyes open and will call in stuff.[/quote]

Well, actually, that part is not for folks like yourself who execute prudent planning and preps. That's for the others around the country who are oblivious to such requirements - and trust me there are many of them.

I was informed that a NEIN reader posted "World War IV" on the Sean Hannity forum - which precipitated a request for "actionable" suggestions to execute my admonition.

Here's my response:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by James Juno
    OK, so how about something actionable? "Staying alert" is all well and good, but what am I looking for? Shall I sell my car and go buy an AR-15 and a crate of ammo?

I agree with the assessment, but if would be nice if someone would point out exactly what we're suppose to do.

James,

Talismen alerted me via email to your question. here's what I consider to be actionable items each family must know and implement ASAP. This applies to all who view this thread.

First and foremost and paraphrasing my favorite ex-Green Beret, John Moore:

1. The U.S. government cannot and will not protect individuals or families. Our government agencies are doing the best job they can to keep our country safe. However, no government agency (including FEMA) is responsible for a comprehensive defense program.

2. Each individual business and family must make their own preparations to be safe from the consequences of a terrorist attack. Please consider:

a.) We have "just in time" delivery of everything from auto parts to life sustaining pharmaceuticals.

b.) Every part of our infrastructure is a potential target.

c.) A break anywhere in this infrastructure (telecommunications, transportation, utilities) can cause the whole system to fail. Consequently, every citizen is at risk to suffer the consequences of a terrorist attack happening anywhere in the country.

http://www.thelibertyman.com/

Okay, that stated as suscinctly as possible, what do you do to prepare yourself, your family, your group of friend, your neighborhood?

I suggest the following 8-point minimum regimen be executed ASAP in an effort to transition from a possible victim to a potential survivor:

1.) Non-perishable foodstuffs and fruit juices or reconsitutable/concentrated juices or milk for a minimum of 30 - 60 days sustainment per individual.

2.) Lot's of H2O in cases of individual servings or large bottles and 5-gallon containers. As much as you can possibly collect.

3.) A portable generator, batteries for every device in the house which may require them.

4.) Communications. Hand crank radios like the small Grundig ($20.00) sold by Radio Shack, or any battery operated solid state radio.

5.) Ammo for your personal firearm(s). Execute your Second Amendment rights. Hopefully you don't live in New Jersey as I do.

6.) Fuels: Gasoline or Diesel as you require. Get it now gas/diesel are currently at anywhere from $3.05/$2.75 per gallon. I would expect these prices will increasesubstantially in the very near term - a direct reflection of the iranian desire for $100 per barrel crude. Fill your 5 gallon cans now if at all possible.

7.) An evacuation plan and lay-up points enroute. In case your area is particularly hard hit and an evacuation is ordered by national or state authorities, have a designated place to go and coordinated plans with fellow travellers if at all possible. Strength is found in numbers.

8.) Keep your bank account well as fed as you are able. If terrorists hit the
    electrical grid or if an EMP device is utilized during hostilities you will still need to pay any bills. Whatever is not in the bank have liquid as cash-on-hand. ATM's and banks will probably get swamped or could be inoperable for a short time by those who did not prudently plan or prepare ahead of time. The "snooze, you lose" mentality applies here.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best, and pray for personal guidance from God.

Move Out and Execute as much as you are able that which applies to your own situation as quickly as you can "Git R Done".
    Nothing I do other than being vigilant will make 2 bits difference. shrug.
    Well, as I stated above, making the transition from "potential vicitim to potential survivor" is all of the difference that really matters in the near-term.

Thanks

I think I will spend some time tonight on a new alert program. Sean can I use some of your article?
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

Rick,

Sure, no problem, any or all of it as you chose. Attribute to NEIN website if you just want to source it.

I have had more responses (all positive) to this one than anything previous i have posted. Definitely struck a chord with the American public from sea to shining sea. The .gov and .mil traffic to the NEIN site is also quite heavy.

Thanks

China demands apology after Israel kills UN worker

by Karl Malakunas Wed Jul 26, 3:55 AM ET

BEIJING (AFP) - China strongly condemned an Israeli air strike in Lebanon that killed a Chinese
    United Nations observer and summoned
    Israel's ambassador in Beijing to demand an apology.
    ADVERTISEMENT

In its first reaction to the death of the Chinese national and up to three other UN observers in Tuesday's strike on the Lebanese border town of Khiam, China also called for an immediate ceasefire in the conflict.

"The Chinese side is deeply shocked and strongly condemns this," foreign ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao said in a statement on the strike, adding it had killed "many innocent victims".

"The Chinese side demands that all sides in the confrontation, especially Israel, take all measures to ensure the safety of UN peacekeepers."

The official Xinhua news agency said the Chinese victim, Du Zhaoyu, was one of 180 Chinese officers, soldiers and observers working in Lebanon as part of the UN peacekeeping mission.

Liu said assistant foreign minister Zhai Jun had called in Israeli ambassador Yehoyada Haim on Wednesday morning for an "emergency" meeting over the incident.

"The Chinese side ... demands that the Israeli side open a comprehensive investigation, apologize to the Chinese side and the victim's family and help the Chinese side in carrying out the mourning activities," Haim was told, according to Liu.

Haim did apologize and pledged Israel would carry out a full investigation, Liu said.

Israel's foreign ministry had already issued a communique saying it deeply regretted the deaths of the UN observers.

UN Secretary General
    Kofi Annan also condemned the strike and alleged that Israel may have deliberately targeted the UN site.

"I am shocked and deeply distressed by the apparently deliberate targeting by Israeli Defence Forces of a UN observer post in southern Lebanon," Annan said in a statement.

Liu made no reference to whether the UN post may have been deliberately targeted.

However he did call for an immediate end to the two-week conflict, which has seen hundreds of civilians killed in Israel's campaign against the Hezbollah Shiite militant group in Lebanon.

"We urge all parties to immediately implement a ceasefire and quickly return to the path of negotiation," he said.

"China will make more diplomatic efforts with the international community to push forward the resumption of peace and stability in the Middle East region."

The United States has repeatedly said an immediate ceasefire is not practical because it would freeze problems and leave Hezbollah in place to regroup.

The death of Du, along with the three other UN observers believed to be from Austria, Canada and Finland, was the top item on all of China's main news websites Wednesday, and anger over the incident dominated Internet chatrooms.

"Condolences to the victims! If Israel despises the United Nations and breaks faith with other countries, it's because they have the support from the United States," one posting on the chatroom of the People's Daily website said.

However the reaction was more subdued than in 1999 following the US bombing of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade in which four people were killed.

Tens of thousands of people took to the streets across China in protest after that incident.

China, which only forged diplomatic ties with Israel in 1992, has long been one of the biggest allies of the
    Palestinian Authority in Asia.

However it has has sought closer ties with Israel in recent years, particularly in trying to source military technology and hardware.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information