Thread: Can You Have A Look At Something?

Thanks

Default Can You Have A Look At Something?

Hi Guys,

I used to visit this site and found it truly fascinating. Learned a lot here. But life sort of got in the way and I drifted away for a while.

Some of you knew that I was on another much smaller forum that has been around for a while. Well, I woke up this morning to a message on Facebook from another member of that forum saying that it had been hacked by the Syrian Army. So I went and had a look. Really odd.

I can't fix it since it is not my forum. All I could do was send an email to the sites owner. But in the meantime I am trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Is it real? A hoax?

I'm not getting any sort of warning from my security on my computer. So it does not appear to be a virus. Would any of you guys care to have a look at this and tell me what you think it is? The site is : theamericanright.com . Has anything like this been attempted on this forum?

Hate to sail back in here and just ask a favor like this. But I know that TAA has always been a place for big thinkers. I usually have to read the forum posts a couple of times just to let all of the idea's and information seep in.

So anyway, hello again!

~Nancy
    Last edited by T.L.; September 12th, 2013 at 14:10.

Thanks

Default Re: Can You Have A Look At Something?

Hi Nancy.

The "Syrian Army" of hackers actually hit the Marines a few days ago from my understanding. It is possible then they did something to someone on another forum.

Thanks

Thank you AP. Who is behind this? Do you know?

Thanks

And it looks like, yep they did hack it.

I just took a look, looks like someone did hack the site.

I'll alert the bloggosphere.

Thanks

Don't know. I'd have to dig into the material. Don't have time at the moment. Get in touch with the forum admins though - thank you for the heads up though. I sent Ryan a note to let him to know be on the alert for similar crap happening here.

Thanks

Thank you again, AP.

TAR is a tiny little forum. But that's why I came back here to ask you guys to just have a look. If they went after TAR, then I'd think that many far more significant forums would also be in danger. I am glad that you will give others a heads up.

Thanks

They will be here.

We've seen them trying.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, it is probably a real hack. As was pointed out, they've been doing that to many sites.

The owner will have to hope their password is still the same for their admin account so they can just go in and fix everything easily.

If it isn't hopefully they have a recent database backup. That backup should be an SQL file they can run in their hosting service. It would rewrite all the tables (passwords, accounts, etc.) back to what they were before the hack.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Otherwise the owner should head over to the vBulletin support forums and have their staff look over everything.

Also, if it wasn't an exploit hack, have them make sure their password is secure (at least 1 capital letter, at least 1 number, and at least 1 special character).

Thanks

The owner will fix it. I'm not worried about that. It was just a bizarre thing to see this morning and I couldn't tell if it was a hoax or a real message. And I can close that message and see that the rest of the site is functioning normally.

Hahaha, Ryan! I just saw your title under your name. You kill me.

Where it's quiet, peaceful and everyone owns guns
    Thanks

Looks like others have recently gotten hit too.

http://rgvtruckperformance.net/rgvtr...V-HACKED/page2

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/0...rines-website/

http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread...-else-see-this

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...age2351859/pg1

http://yourtubenews.ning.com/forum/t...ource=activity

Anonymous, Syrian Hackers Target Israel on 9/11

free beacon ^ | 9/11/13 | Adam Kredo
    Posted on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 11:08:25 AM by Nachum

Hackers claiming to be affiliated with Anonymous launched a widespread cyber attack on Israeli citizens, government institutions, and corporations on Wednesday, according to Internet chatter and postings from the self-described hackers.

The attack is purportedly being carried out by a nebulous group of hackers who claim affiliation with both Anonymous and the Syrian Electronic Army (SEA), which supports embattled President Bashar al Assad.

Timed to occur on the anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks, the hackers took aim at Israeli banks and government websites over what they claimed are the Jewish state’s multiple crimes.

The hackers alternately blamed Israel for the 9/11 terror attacks, condemned its treatment of the Palestinians, and vowed to publish at least 5,000 Israeli credit card numbers.

“WAKE UP WORLD!!! Who Was Really Behind the 9/11 Attacks?” declared one Twitter user claiming to be affiliated with the cyber attack.

Many in the Middle East and around the world continue to believe that Israel had a secret hand in orchestrating and carrying out the 9/11 terror attacks.

A list detailing dozens of Israeli cyber targets was published online late Tuesday by the hackers.

Several Israeli defense websites and the government’s ministry of foreign affairs could not be accessed on Wednesday morning, as the hackers launched what are known as targeted denial of service attacks designed to overload a website and crash its server.

Hackers claiming to be from Spain, Indonesia, the Middle East, and elsewhere urged their followers to take aim at popular Israeli websites, such as the tour group Birthright Israel, which has one of its portals defaced on early Wednesday.

“Gotcha!! Dual attacker was here!!” read a message left by hackers one the website Birthright Forum.

Other Israeli sites had their content replaced with the Anonymous logo and messages such as, “Free Palestine!”

The cyber attacks first began over the weekend, when hackers infiltrated Israeli banks and other servers. They eventually published the names, credit card numbers, and personal information of thousands.

Anonymous also posted the login details of a reported 165,000 Israeli email users.

Some hackers claiming affiliation with Anonymous warned Israel of its intentions in the days leading up to the Sept. 11, 2013 attack, which they dubbed “Op Israel Reborn.”

“Israel do you Remember us, we are the same people who fucked you on April 7th,” one Twitter user wrote earlier this month.

“And we are back to punish you again There is no Israel on this map, because it is Palestine. ‘We are Hackers, we watching you.’”

The group recorded a video message revealing details of the operation on Sunday.

“Our Palestinian brothers and sisters are treated unjustly,” the group said in the video.

“Israel’s secrets, which may be military, economics, or even private, will be popularized, so long till you at least take a new course regarding the settlement policy and the treatment of Palestinian citizens.”
    Anonymous has targeted Israel multiple times in the past, bringing down government websites and stealing data.

Anonymous members also claimed to be responsible for cyber attacks on Saudi Arabian and Syrian websites over the weekend.

(Excerpt) Read more at freebeacon.com ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nikita Khrushchev: "We will bury you"
    "Your grandchildren will live under communism."
    “You Americans are so gullible.
    No, you won’t accept
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    outright, but we’ll keep feeding you small doses of
    until you’ll finally wake up and find you already have communism.

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll
    like overripe fruit into our hands."

Thanks

Crazy stuff. Thank you for the read, vector.

Thanks

Glad to help T.L.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thanks

BREAKING: Syrian Electronic Army Compromises BarackObama.com

Activists from the Syrian Electronic Army “SEA” have gained access to BarackObama.com and also the e-mail address of ssnurpus@barackobama.com.

Syrian Electronic Army Hack Exposes OFA Cash Grab Language

Revealed in the Syrian Electronic Army’s hack of an OFA linked e-mail account is buried this interesting nugget of information. This is evidently how OFA views its constituents.

No, you won’t accept

."
    We’ll so weaken your
    until you’ll

Thread Information