Thread: China to test its 'artificial sun'

Thanks

Default China to test its 'artificial sun'

http://upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?St...4-065917-5783r

BEIJING, July 24 (UPI) -- The first plasma discharge from China's experimental advanced superconducting research center -- the so-called "artificial sun" -- is set to occur next month.
    The discharge, expected about Aug. 15, will be conducted at Science Island in Hefei, in east China's Anhui Province, the Peoples Daily reported Monday.
    Scientists told the newspaper a successful test will mean the world's first nuclear fusion device of its kind will be ready to go into actual operation, the newspaper said.
    The plasma discharge will draw international attention since some scientists are concerned with risks involved in such a process. But Chinese researchers involved in the project say any radiation will cease once the test is completed.
    The experiment will take place in a structure made of reinforced concrete, with five-foot-thick walls and a three-foot-thick roof.

This could get down right scarey!
    Jag

Thanks

Default Re: China to test its 'artificial sun'

Sounds....

Interesting.

Perhaps the Anhui Province will be absorbed by the evil that will be released from the interdimensional worm hole they open up....

Truth be told, we've been working on a similar project, but when I spoke to the physicist in charge of the project a few years ago, I told him I didn't think he could make it work within Earth's gravity.

He asked me what I knew about such things, and I told him "Not a lot, but I think you're going to find it very difficult to sustain a fussion reaction within a gravitation field.

He said, "We've discussed that. Thank you... " and moved on. lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

We can only hope it goes that way!

They say "the radiation will cease once the test is completed", wonder where they think it will go?

Jag

Thanks

I'm still counting on the interdimensional wormhole myself.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Is this where you create an exceptionally strong magnetic field to suspend plasma as a potential source of energy? I knew the Russians were workin on this, didn't know the Chinese were. (No surprise though, I guess.)

I wonder if you get special Hazard pay on these projects.

Thread Information