Thread: Topol-M Launch Video

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Topol-M Launch Video

Check out this video of a Topol-M launch!

Under 1 minute from stored to bird in the air…

Topol-M Launch

By the way, the caption about this being a satellite launch is very misleading. There is no way the Russian's would use a mobile Topol to launch a Plain Jane commercial satellite when there are so many other alternatives so:

1) It is a practice Topol combat launch with a cover story that is a flat out lie about being a satellite launch (if the original poster of the video was not in error).
    2) It is a practice combat launch of a replacement GLONASS or some sort of recon satellite that could be shot down by us in combat.
    3) It really is a Plain Jane commercial satellite launch but they are using it as cover to get some hands on Topol launch training.

Thanks

Default Re: Topol-M Launch Video

They're catching up to us. Our missile subs can do better though according to my sources. (relative). But how long before they have the same capabilities as ourselves?
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Brian,
    You are right in that they are catching up to us but in a different sense...

With their sub missiles, they are somewhat behind us. Right now they are putting the Bulava (a sub launched version of the Topol-M) into serial production. This will be on par with or even more advanced than the Trident. This will be the replacement missile for all their SSBNs. They have already done experimental conversions on their huge Typhoon boats and other older SSBNs and, all of their new SSBNs (which they are building) will be equipped with them.

They are, however, ahead of us in the land-based ICBM field. We have no analogue to the road or rail mobile Topol-M.

Thanks

If we've secretly moved several hundred to space in "satellite" launches over the years it won't be necessary really. But you never know. Basically I think we're likely going to get caught with our pants down and our MX's moth-balled. But how quickly can we get to them? hmmm.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Russia successfully tests Topol Long Range ICBM
    http://www.india-defence.com/reports/2291 ^

Russia has successfully test launched an intercontinental ballistic missile from its northern space-vehicle launching site, Plesetsk.

The intercontinental Topol class ballistic missile (CC-25 under Western standards) was launched on Thursday at 1:38 p.m. Moscow time from a mobile launching installation, sources from the northern cosmodrome told ITAR-TASS news agency.

The aim of the test was to assure that the exploitation period of the missile could be extended, a Russian space forces’ press-service representative told Regions.ru online daily.

The flight of the missile was strictly controlled by Russian space force devices. The launch and the flight of Topol have met all necessary standards. At the scheduled time the missile hit its target situated on the exercise polygon on the Kamchtaka Peninsula.

(Excerpt) Read more at india-defence.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information