Thread: Art Bell SETI has received alien signals, being jammed by NRO

Thanks

Default Art Bell SETI has received alien signals, being jammed by NRO

Coast to Coast AM: Art Bell SETI has received alien signals, being jammed by NRO
    Coast to Coast AM ^ | 7/30/06 | me

Posted on 07/30/2006 11:09:36 PM MDT by BurbankKarl

On now....550 stations in the US, and XM165

Anyone else have anything on this?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Art Bell SETI has received alien signals, being jammed by NRO

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson
    being jammed by NRO
    In this context, what was "NRO" stand for?

-Bryk

Thanks

National Reconnaissance Organization...

They umm....

do... ummmm

satellite work.

I've my doubts they'd be jamming anything. Fact is, they listen to satellite data and examine maps. Yes, they have a lot of antennas. Yes, they do transmit on those, but to satellites. So... jamming extra-terrestrial radio signals is just idiotic.

Besides, it would be somewhat difficult. Then again, the way SETI searches, it's not too hard to send signals out. There is a very specific spectrum used to look. We call it the "Water Hole Frequencies" -- which include the resonant frequency of hydrogen, or the "hydrogen line".

This frequency is at 1420.40575 MHz. Essentially, there is a "dead zone" right there, where natural radiation tends not to be. There's kind of a dip in the noise level. The hypothesis is that ET civilizations would be our there broad casting on that particular frequency (actually a set of them , the one above being about the low end of the spectrum) and that is where we will hear the ETs.

The idea of course is that these particular frequencies are left alone on the Earth, and are considered to be "earth quiet"... that is we on earth do not broadcast on those channels. Probably is... thats 1.4 gigahert. 1.2 gigahertz for anyone in the know is a main set of satellite channels, (around there) and even your wireless router works aorund that. I have a set of cameras that work around 1.2 ghz.

I suppose the point is, you CAN broadcast on that, but, why in Heaven's name would the NRO be doing in, of anyone? They are mainly concerned with figuring out which bad guys have what, where.

I don't see them doing anything to stop SETI from finding life out there. I find it kind of incredulous for Art Bell of all people... a ham radio operator, and a radio host to accuse the NRO of such a thing. He of all people (having served in the AF as a communicator if I recall correctly) should know better.

I have to think that people who've served in the military who come out with these outlandish things are 1) Lying, 2) Making stuff up, 3) Over embellishing something they do know, or 4) they saw something they can't really talk about and they know they are breaking some rule -- and eventually are going to find out they have been discredited in some way.

>>
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

(Stolen from another site...)

According to Dr. Steven Greer, yes, SETI has received multiple extraterrestrial signals. This news he says, is confirmed by senior employees within the SETI program.

This is what Greer had to say at a recent Exopolitics Conference:

"We have confirmation - and I'm not going to give the name yet because we are trying to coax this guy out of the closet - but one of the senior people in the SETI project, which is the Carl Sagan Search for Extraterrestrial project, has confirmed to the Disclosure Project that they have received multiple extraterrestrial signals," Greer said.

"but that now they are getting external human, probably NRO or NSA jamming of those signals and they are getting very frustrated. "

Greer continued, "The question is why hasn't the SETI project, funded by Paul Alan the co-founder of Microsoft, come forward with this information? I'm a little uncomfortable even mentioning this, except for the fact that the public needs to know that this effort, which has received a great deal of mainstream media attention, has actually confirmed to us from two inside sources that they have received extraterrestrial signals and have confirmed them as being extraterrestrial and that they have become increasing in frequency and number."

Dr. Steven Greer is head of the the Disclosure Project, a non-profit organization with almost now 500 former military, intelligence, and government employees who go on record about their various experiences with aliens and alien technology.

Since the National Press Conference of 2001, viewed by millions of people across the globe, Steven Greer has been referred to as the authority on the truth about extraterrestrials.

For Greer to come out and make a statement of this magnitude, something is defiantly up. We will wait patiently to see whether or not these SETI insiders take the stage and become whistle blowers for this monumental secret.

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/1..._Alien_Contact
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Video of this on the link above by the way... of Greer.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I'm not a conspiracy type of person as you well know. I like cold hard facts. But to be honest I can see the 'why' to why the NRO or another group would attempt to jam such signals.

We people can't get along with each other... What makes us think we'd be overly accepting of an alien presence? If the Government knew about them, and that's a really big if I don't even want to consider, then it makes sense they'd want to keep that information from us monkeys that can't get along with other humans because of skin color or hair style or musical preferences.

If I were in charge I'd sure hide anything like that from the rest of the world. In an instant.

But it's all likely non-sense anyway so its a moot point.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

I suspect the jamming is being done by the MIB ... I swore I heard a "Fresh Prince" song on that channel ...

-Bryk

Thanks

LOL.... Fresh Prince. lol... Good one.

Truthfully, Brian, I'd think that if there are aliens out there, we HAVE had contact with them in some form or another. Why? Because... I know things you don't know

A long time ago, I read some things that bothered me a bit, and I still can't talk about them. But look at it this way... IF there are good guys and bad guys in this world, and there are Alien ETs watching things "from afar" (and hell I wouldn't rule that out) they would have likely contacted those they feel are "better able to bring peace to the world" -- and perhaps to lead by example, rather than giving help and aid to the "bad or dark forces in this world".

So.. my bet is on the aliens being benevolent. If they were NOT, then we'd already be in "contact" with them, violently. And we'd lose badly, or they'd decimate us. Anyone with the ability to travel between stars HAS to be able to obliterate a planet. It just makes SENSE to me.

They'd have to have some sort of "startrekish" type of "warp drive" bending space and time to their will, allowing them to move from one place to another quickly. That means they could, conceiveably destroy planets with that same ability.

So... I'm betting that, IF there are nearby ETs we have contacted them, or they us, they are offering advice perhaps at most, and they aren't going to interefere with human development, unlike the conspiracy theory that the "Greys are interbreding with us" etc.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information