Thread: Russia May Build Nuclear Reactor For North Korea

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Russia May Build Nuclear Reactor For North Korea

Russia May Build Nuclear Reactor For North Korea
    MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia wants to build a nuclear reactor for North Korea as part of a global plan to offer the reclusive state energy resources in exchange for giving up its nuclear arms programme, a top nuclear official said on Monday.

Earlier on Monday, North Korea promised to abandon its nuclear arms programme. In return, South Korea, the United States, Japan, Russia and China expressed a willingness to provide oil and energy aid as well as security guarantees.

"We build atomic power stations abroad, and Russia can organise a similar project in North Korea," Alexander Rumyantsev, head of Russia's Atomic Energy Agency, told Itar-Tass news agency in an interview.

"Russia is ready to join the project, and we have the potential and willingness (to do so).

"We have to work out how we are going to do this first. Diplomats need to agree first, then we'll get a corresponding order, and we are ready to act, and we are interested."

Russia, one of the few states to have good ties with both North and South Korea, used to be one of Pyongyang's main sponsors during Soviet times, but has had no contacts with Pyongyang in the nuclear field since the Soviet collapse.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has met its leader, Kim Jong-il, several times.

Russia, which shares a tiny border with North Korea, is already at odds with the West over its construction of a nuclear power plant in Iran, accused by the United States of seeking nuclear weapons.

Russia sees its huge nuclear potential as one of the most marketable legacies of the Soviet Union and is keen to win new markets in light of growing competition from other global nuclear powers.

Thanks

Default Re: Russia May Build Nuclear Reactor For North Korea

I'll just bet, Russia is willing to build that reactor in the name of "peace" too. LOL

I almost wonder if Russia builds reactors in nations they want America to destroy....

Brian
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Russia May Build Nuclear Reactor For North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin
    I almost wonder if Russia builds reactors in nations they want America to destroy....
    I think it would be just as accurate to say that "Russia builds reactors in nations they want to destroy America".

Thread Information