Thread: Texas Sheriffs Say Terrorists Enter Through Mexico

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Texas Sheriffs Say Terrorists Enter Through Mexico

Texas Sheriffs Say Terrorists Enter Through Mexico
    The chief law enforcement officers of several Texas counties along the southern U.S. border warn that Arabic-speaking individuals are learning Spanish and integrating into Mexican culture before paying smugglers to sneak them into the United States. The Texas Sheriffs' Border Coalition believes those individuals are likely terrorists and that drug cartels and some members of the Mexican military are helping them get across the border.

Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez of Zapata County, Texas told Cybercast News Service that Iranian currency, military badges in Arabic, jackets and other clothing are among the items that have been discovered along the banks of the Rio Grande River. The sheriff also said there are a substantial number of individuals crossing the southern border into the U.S. who are not Mexican. He described the individuals in question as well-funded and able to pay so-called "coyotes" - human smugglers - large sums of money for help gaining illegal entry into the U.S.

Although many of the non-Mexican illegal aliens are fluent in Spanish, Gonzalez said they speak with an accent that is not native.

"It's clear these people are coming in for reasons other than employment," Gonzalez said.

That sentiment is shared by Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.).

"For years, Muslims and other 'Special Interest Aliens' from places other than Mexico have been streaming into the U.S. across our porous border," Tancredo told Cybercast News Service. "These people are not paying $50,000 or more a head just to 'take jobs no American will do.'

"Terrorists are working round the clock to infiltrate the United States," he added. "Congress and this administration must address this gaping hole in our national security and they must do it now."

Some of the more high profile pieces of evidence pointing to terrorist infiltration of the U.S. have been uncovered in Jim Hogg County, Texas, which experiences a high volume of smuggling activity, according to local law enforcement.

"We see patches on jackets from countries where we know al Qaeda to be active," Gonzalez explained.

The patches appear to be military badges with Arabic lettering. One patch in particular, discovered this past December, caught the attention of federal homeland security officials, according to Gonzalez and local officials familiar with the investigation.

Sheriff Wayne Jernigan of Valverde County, Texas, told members of the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee in March about one patch that read "midnight mission" and displayed an airplane flying over a building heading towards a tower. Translators with DHS have said some of the various phrases and slogans on the items could mean "martyr," "way to eternal life," or "way to immortality."

Gonzalez told the House International Relations Subcommittee on International Terrorism and Nonproliferation in July that the terrorists are getting smarter.

"To avoid apprehension, we feel many of these terrorists attempt to blend in with persons of Hispanic origin when entering the country." Gonzalez stated. "We feel that terrorists are already here and continue to enter our country on a daily basis."

Sheriff Arvin West of Hudspeth County, Texas, told Cybercast News Service that he believes some Mexican soldiers are operating in concert with the drug cartels to aid the terrorists.

"There's no doubt in my mind," he said, "although the Mexican government and our government adamantly deny it."

Statistics made available through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) show more than 40,000 illegal aliens from countries "Other Than Mexico," designated as OTMs, were apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol in the period ranging from October 2003 to June 2004, as they attempted to cross the southwestern border. An overview of border security challenges produced through the office of Texas Gov. Rick Perry indicates that almost 120,000 OTMs were apprehended while attempting to cross into the state from January through July 2005.

Local authorities are particularly concerned about illegal aliens arriving from Special Interest Countries (SICs) where a radical version of Islam is known to flourish. Perry's office cites Iraq, Iran, Indonesia and Bangladesh among those countries. A Tancredo spokesperson said the list also includes Afghanistan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen.

As Cybercast News Service previously reported an internal audit of DHS that combines the number of illegal aliens arriving from SICs with the documented instances of illegal aliens arriving from countries identified as being state sponsors of terrorism (SSTs) yields a grand total of over 90,000 such illegal aliens who have been apprehended during the five year period from fiscal year 2001 to fiscal year 2005.

The border security report delivered by Perry's office focuses attention on the "Triborder region" of Latin America, which spans an area between Brazil, Argentina and Paraguay.

"The Triborder Region is a focal point of Islamic extremism," the report states. "Al Qaeda leadership plans to use criminal alien smuggling organizations to bring terrorist operatives across the border into the U.S."

Carlos Espinosa, a press spokesman for Tancredo, said his office is aware of a training camp in Brazil that actually teaches people from outside of Latin America how they can assimilate into the Mexican culture.

"They come up as illegal aliens and disguise themselves as potential migrant workers," Espinosa said.

Thanks

Default Re: Texas Sheriffs Say Terrorists Enter Through Mexico

What the hell is it gonna take for Bush to get off his ass and secure the borders?!
    I voted for Bush twice but I'm fed up with the way he ignores this issue.
    He's a major disappointment in so many areas.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

It'll never end...please note the date of this article.

I had a scan of the original newspaper article and unfortunately I've misplaced it.

I realize WND has it's moments; but please don't let that mislead you. I have spoken with this sheriff many times, and this article is absolutely truthful.

WorldNetDaily

HOMELAND INSECURITY
    Texas sheriff warns of unidentified troops
    Believes armed men in fatigues spotted within country are foreign

Posted: March 17, 2003
    5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com

A southern Texas sheriff is warning the public unidentified armed men dressed in military fatigues have been spotted on numerous occasions in his county near the border with Mexico.

For the "country's safety," Sheriff Erasmo Alarcon Jr., of Jim Hogg County, published a letter in a local newspaper to alert citizens of reports he has received for some years from ranchers who have spotted the unknown troops, equipped with "professional backpacks" and walking together in a military cadence.

The latest sightings were just a few weeks ago, and the letter has prompted further reports since it was published last Thursday, Alarcon told WorldNetDaily.

The county's deputy sheriff, Guadalupe Rodriguez, said he believes the armed men were foreign and were not drug smugglers.

"They are not your regular traffickers that you get," he told WND. "But we don't want to draw conclusions at this point and get everybody worked up."

Alarcon said in his letter "these military-type individuals have been sighted in very remote locations of our county," which "stretches 50 or 60 miles from end to end."

"We have reported this information to higher-up law enforcement agencies, but no one really knows who these individuals are, not even the military," he said in his letter, published by the Jim Hogg County Enterprise in Hebbronville, Texas.

Lee Bargerhuff, assistant chief patrol agent for the U.S. Border Patrol's Laredo, Texas, sector, said today he had not been aware of the sheriff's warning prior to WorldNetDaily's inquiry. He said he now plans to contact Alarcon.

"We've had this brought to our attention now in a big way, and all we can do is confirm our support to local law enforcement agencies, that we are there to assist them," Bargarhuff said.

The U.S. Border Patrol's spokesman in Washington, D.C., Mario Villarreal, told WND his office had not received any reports of this kind. He urged citizens who spot suspicious activity to call the Border Patrol's hotline at 1-800-343-1994.

The sheriff said reports of sightings most often were received the next day, meaning there was little that could have been done.
    On one occasion, a report was received within several hours of the sighting.

"That particular time, we formed an immediate multi-agency task force between the surrounding counties, but we were met with little success," Alarcon said. "We even brought in air support."

Mike Herrera, spokesman for the Border Patrol's Laredo sector, said his colleagues do not recall assisting Alarcon but does not rule out that it happened.

Prompted by nation's security crisis

The sheriff said he is publicizing the information "because we still don't know who these individuals are."
    "Obviously, they are trespassing, and obviously, they are carrying something," he said. "We hope it's narcotics and not something much worse."

Alarcon said he is bringing "this information to light because of the security crisis our nation faces."

"If you see these individuals please call us immediately," he said. "Remember the last plane that was taken down to prevent further terrorism was done by everyday Americans who loved their country enough to die protecting it."

He advised "if you see these individuals do not talk to them, do not confront them, but simply call 911. We don't know who these individuals are so there no telling what they are capable of. Thank you! God bless America!

Glenn Spencer, who heads an Arizona-based watchdog group,
    American Border Patrol, said the Texas sheriff's report was the "first we've heard of anything like that."

He said he obviously cannot be sure, but his gut feeling is it is not a clandestine foreign group.

"People marching in military style out in daylight are taking a real chance at being reported or arrested," he said. "To behave that way out in the open doesn't make any sense."

An e-mail notice about the sheriff's letter was distributed by Jack Foote, national spokesman for
    Ranch Rescue, a citizen's group that helps private land owners in the border region protect their property. Foote was unavailable for comment and a contact with the group's Texas affiliate did not respond.

Alarcon said he did not believe the unidentified men are connected to Ranch Rescue activities.

"We know most of the local ranchers, and they don't have people like that," he said, adding that "the sightings have been all over the county."

Thanks

Backstop, Worldnet daily has lots of good news data and I would believe what they print more thatn I would say the New York Times and The LA Times, so my thanks for the article.

I realize WND has it's moments; but please don't let that mislead you.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I agree... I hear a lot of people talking smack about WND but, I never see anything to back it up. They sure weren't complaining when WND was documenting the follies of the Clinton administration.

Come to think of it, it is the same thing with those (likely the same) people who talk poorly about NEIN and Debka. Nothing to ever back up what they say just a bunch of talk about how "wrong" they always are.

As the saying goes, "Show me the money!"

Thanks

This might be slightly off topic, but I read wnd almost daily. Great reporters. Excellent balance, Christian values, conservative, but there's something seriously lacking.

A lot of yellow journalism, and outright bs, as well as
    hyped prejudice and quite a bit of bushwacking.

Sure- it's Joe Farah himself. He's respectable in many areas, but has floated off on a NWO extreme, and feels as if Bush and the country has betrayed him. He actually called for War with Mexico a few years back over some hyped out former foreign ministers comments. Quite obviously he doesn't see or publish the Russian and Chinese hands shall I say rubles, wan and coke with a smile- behind Mexican problems. Fired JRN Nyquist, no?

BS- Not a month ago he published Hamas firing wmd tipped rocjets into Israel.
    Yellow- same time period- the top story headline- major, perhaps top news web site- paraphrase- Mexican scum masturbates with dog- the comments section was filled with inhumane scumbag hatred comments.

Even many of his "exposing articles " on terrorist camps in Mexico are "he said she said" when you read the entire piece. Good website, very yellow, very prejudiced, and quite a few outright boners- false facts.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Here's an example of decent article by wnd, JF himself.
    ¿Why does he call us idiotas?

It's about drugs, idiota

Oh. My fault, Joe. Idiota. Is it me, or are you addressing the president?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=51680

Gluppy cheloveks?

Unfortunately, he doesn't see past the "chicos" and realize that all Mexican ports are Chinese bought lock stock and barrel, and the red cocaine rubles?

What about the Mexican-(American) God forgive me for using such a word in connection with mexican Americans, who lived through the 1910-1940 communist onslaught, slaughter and persecution of Christians. Too bad Nike and Reebok etc. went to Chinese slave factories instead of corrupt Mexican ones. Too bad, but not too late.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thread Information