Thread: Heaven

Thanks

Default Heaven

This is kidstuff- nothing intellectual, eloquent or scholarly. I encourage others to contribute here, just copying and pasting, according to some book of the Bible they might be reading- Micah, Hebrews, Zecharia, Proverbs, Ezechial etc. I encourage very short comments and posts of "heavenly citations". By this I mean to encourage shorter posts than this introductory one, never more than a Word page. Even my into cite is long. It normally would be only
    1 Corinthians 2, verse 9. ( the 2nd verse in red)
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...r=2&version=31

Not a faux pau- just couldn't skip the JCC prefix cite of St. Paul. No cross- no glory. This is not a theological debate- just a child's look at the reign of God and keeping eyes on the prize in times of tribulation. I recently covered Revelations: I mark all over my Bibles in red pen, and later can find things I think important later. I'll be copying short passages some days descriptive of heaven. Please feel free to contribute one short passage a day. Please limit theological comments to "I just can't wait" or I tell my kids that dogs don't go to heaven because animals have no souls or free will, but maybe I'm wrong since there is rich food and lush drink in heaven. Trees are in heaven...why not animals?

2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.
    Wisdom From the Spirit

6We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9However, as it is written:
    "No eye has seen,
    no ear has heard,
    no mind has conceived
    what God has prepared for those who love him"
    [b]— 10but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Default Re: Heaven

I hope I'm following the thread pattern prescribed herein...

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
    Matthew 6:19-21

It's taken me some time to even begin to effect this change in my life, in my heart... for:

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jer 17:9

Thanks

Excellent prescription. Jesus is the doctor of souls, and we're all sick of BAD NEWS that won't go away. The reign of God exists here, yet for our charity to flourish and bear fruit, we gots to get the Holy Ghost and concentrate and believe in HEAVEN.

Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits[a] before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
    To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
    7Look, he is coming with the clouds,
    and every eye will see him,
    even those who pierced him;

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...r=1&version=31

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

Excellent verse, Samizat. What a promise, above all promises.

One more promise from God that wholly strengthens me when I read it. Something to look forward to following massive destruction on Earth, although we'll have to serve Him for 1,000 years before this promise is fulfilled.

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. Revelation 21:1

Thanks

turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"[b]dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life. 11He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

The beatitudes speak not only to the why and wherefore, but also the HOW to live in the kingdom.

3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    4Blessed are those who mourn,
    for they will be comforted.
    5Blessed are the meek,
    for they will inherit the earth.
    6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
    for they will be filled.
    7Blessed are the merciful,
    for they will be shown mercy.
    8Blessed are the pure in heart,
    for they will see God.
    9Blessed are the peacemakers,
    for they will be called sons of God.
    10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
    for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

Do you ever think about heaven?

Times are tough, and the main reason I despise communism, islamic fascism, and "liberal" degradation of western morality is

FEAR, INDIGNATION, SADNESS AND TORTURE.

Here's a short quiz on heaven. If you are persecuted- we all are... rejoice- for your reward in heaven will be great.

1. Some guy is sitting on a cloud.
    2. The streets are paved with silver and gold.
    3. The city is of pure gold.
    4. Lots of harps are playing.
    5. God appears with 7 horns.
    6. Strange living creatures praise God.
    7. 4 beings, full of eyes, front, back, inside and outside have wings and praise God.
    8. There is a tree.
    9. There are tears in heaven.
    10. All of these words and their inductive mercy are a mystery.
    11. Goats who give nothin to drink, eat, clothe or shelter, nor visit the sick or imprisoned nor bury the dead, will burn forever in fire and those in heaven will rejoice.
    12. There are leaves which are used for healing.
    13. There are mansions, and many people.
    14. The unborn children are in Dante's perimeter or the circle between heaven and nowhere.
    15. Time exists in heaven.
    16. There is rich food and fine drink.
    17. 24 elders will have a special place in heaven.
    18. Angels will be there, but be inferior to humans.
    19. There are many houses, but only a few mansions.
    20. Jesus has white hair and wears a gold belt on His chest.
    21. There are walls, doors, water, and the cubic volume is limited.

.... meanwhile the sheep will be slaughtered and suffer

Heaven is worth working for, and lovingly so.

So what's the metric volume?

Worth thinkin about. God bless.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Thanks

In heaven, there exist 4 living beings, each with 6 wings. They are full of eyes inside and out, and have the appearance of 4 earthly living beings.

I long to be with them. Who are they?

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Banned
    Thanks

Child prodigy paints scenes of heaven. Video segment.
    http://tinyurl.com/yxewot

Her web site
    http://www.artakiane.com/akiane_art.htm

her gallery
    http://www.artakiane.com/akiane_art.htm

creating a painting of Jesus
    http://www.artakiane.com/akiane_painting.htm

Thanks

Thanx Frank. It's good to remember that good news about the "Good News" still thrives.

The "toothless" fairy.

Paintings of heaven are rarely seen. I drum up my own imagination of how the look, maybe that's a vision. I'd love to see her take on the New Jerusalem and the eternal city. And those living beings.

If she ever gets bored with painting, she'd make a great Christian propoganda cartoonist. Hope the princess story has a happy road, life and encounter with truth. Sounds authentic to me. Already heals the deaf and makes cranky old geysers wonder- perhaps good and innocense still exists on earth.

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Banned
    Thanks

Well it does, you just have to tune out the negative. Its easy to be negative, its our nature. So we have to agree to a change of heart, with a little help of course from the one who would lead us that way.

Thanks

Why should we surprised we're losing culturally and politically when we continue to offer up our children as living sacrifices to the Molech of government schools?" he said.

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=84603

good short video

canto XXV Dante

Shema Israel

Banned
    Thanks

Personally, I enjoyed the depiction of heaven in the movie "What Dreams May Come."

Thanks

haha!

Heaven could simply be the Earth without the assholes.

Banned
    Thanks

Possibly very true. It is said that we make our own hell. Perhaps we make our own heaven as well.

Thanks

I keep it simple:

Hell is the absence of God and Heaven is being in the presence of God.
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

You can't handle the truth!

Thread Information