Thread: Homegrown Dogs Fight Homegrown Bombs

Thanks

Default Homegrown Dogs Fight Homegrown Bombs

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...r=U.S._1936858

As Prices Skyrocket For Bomb-Sniffing Dogs, LAPD Decides To Raise Its Own

LOS ANGELES, Aug. 26, 2006

Los Angeles Police Department officers work with the next generation of bomb-sniffing dogs. (CBS)

"When I go to Europe, I've seen Saudis buying dogs there, I've seen Israelis buying dogs there, Chinese military, Malaysian police — it's a bidding war."

Patrick Beltz, bomb-detecting dog importer

(CBS) You see them everywhere in America: sniffing out bombs, drugs and bad guys.

Problem is, ever since that fateful day five years ago, there haven't been enough security dogs to meet demand.

"The use of dogs in general has increased drastically since 9/11," says Dennis O'Connor of the Federal Protective Service, a Department of Homeland Security agency that guards federal sites. O'Connor says the increase can be seen at all levels: federal, state, local and even in the private contract world.

Patrick Beltz, who imports and trains bomb-detecting dogs, says that in the old days, he'd train a dozen dogs a year. But, he says, "since 9/11 we're averaging anywhere from 40 to 80 explosive detection teams a year," he says.

And getting the dogs has become an international battle — with prices at the top European kennels, where the best dogs have long been bred, approaching $8,000 an animal.

"When I go to Europe, I've seen Saudis buying dogs there, I've seen Israelis buying dogs there, Chinese military, Malaysian police, it's a bidding war," says Beltz.

That's stiff competition for U.S. police departments, which also import foreign dogs for their canine units.

To get around the bidding wars — and help create a steady supply — the Los Angeles Police Department has decided to grow its own canine corps, becoming the first major police department in this country to breed its own dogs.

From a litter of eight, chief trainer Sgt. Doug Roller picked four puppies with potential to join his 22-dog canine patrol.

"Quite frankly, I've got these dogs doing things that some of my 12-, 13-month-old dogs aren't doing and they're only six months old," says Roller, who is the LA Police Department's chief trainer.

For now it's largely basic training, designed to encourage each dog's natural instincts.

Obedience and discipline come later.

And the program won't totally replace the need for foreign bred dogs, but if all goes well, a young trainee named Ozzy may take the place of 7-year-veteran Rudy — who's been involved in 400 searches and captured 200 suspects.

"We have a lot of dogs that are on the fringe of retirement — if all works out with these dogs, it will be a natural transition from the dogs that are retiring to the new younger dogs coming into the action," says Roller.

Still it's a test — for the dogs and the trainers trying to meet security demands in the post 9-11 world.

And this brings me to my lastest project, an 11wk old red/black GGS pup I purchased at 8wks old to train to protect me and family, and I intend to do the training. Other than a few love bites I have survived this new beautiful member and we both now know who the alpha is.....

Jag

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: Homegrown Dogs Fight Homegrown Bombs

Since when is Islam "homegrown"???

Islam is an imported abomination which needs to be eradicated.

Islam's adherents are societal malefactors. They make the bombs -- IED's and VBIED's -- which have killed, are killing and will kill in the future our fellow citizens, causing damage and harm to our national infrastructure and economy.

Islam does not peacefully assimilate into ANY culture or nation of people on the planet.

Islam is like a deadly, satan-spawned virus and America needs to deal with it on those terms.

Period.

Thanks

So what you're saying is these are Islamic dogs and need to eradicated?

I must say I have to disagree on this as this country really needs good dogs for security.

Jag

Thanks

I think you both missed the point.

Bombs, IEDs haven't yet been exploded in the USA. Furthermore regardless of who makes them, they will be "made in the USA". Perhaps the makers are imported, and certainly their sick form of "religious fervor" has been.

Secondly, who cares about whether they are Islamists, or not, if someone is prepping explosives for terrorism, then we need the dogs.

And no, Jaq the dogs aren't Islamic.

Sheesh
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

You're right Rick, the dogs are not Islamic

What I didn't see in the orginial post was the word Islam, no where, and how it was brought into this discussion of dogs....

Jag

Thanks

/shakes head sadly
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jag
    So what you're saying is these are Islamic dogs and need to eradicated?

I must say I have to disagree on this ...

Jag
    Jag,

Are you some kind of a bone head illiterate?

I said what exacctly I said and what I said was completely unambigious to anyone paying a modicum of attention. Period.

Since when is Islam "homegrown"???

Islam is an imported abomination which needs to be eradicated.

Islam's adherents are societal malefactors. They make the bombs -- IED's and VBIED's -- which have killed, are killing and will kill in the future our fellow citizens, causing damage and harm to our national infrastructure and economy.

Islam does not peacefully assimilate into ANY culture or nation of people on the planet.

Islam is like a deadly, satan-spawned virus and America needs to deal with it on those terms.

Period.
    Apparently you do not see Islam as the enemy. What a freaking crock of Bull Shiite that is.

That is also YOUR PROBLEM, not mine nor this Constitutional Republic's problem.

Every mass attack since 1993 on US soil against American citizens has been due to ignorant and nutcase Qur'anic/Islamic fatwa. All of the attacks on US embassies or US military installations in the world are Islamic nutcase attacks.

Islam and its new found allies are the enemy. Period.

Do you have a problem with that as well?
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; August 31st, 2006 at 02:41.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson

Bombs, IEDs haven't yet been exploded in the USA.
    Rick,

Missed this the first time around, and with all due respect... you're dead wrong about this statement above.

Reconsider the blatantly obvious facts:

World Trade Center, February 26, 1993. VBIED

Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, April 19, 1995. VBIED

There's others, but let's cut to the more recent...

Joel Henry Hinrich's, Oklahoma University, October 2005. IED

The one thing all of these events, spread out over time and space have in common is ...ISLAM.

Now we also have many, many tractor trailers, freightliners, fuel tanker semi's, 24 foot and larger box trucks being stolen without a trace all over the USA... these are the perfect VBIED platforms.

It has happened in the past... it will happen again but on a massive, multi-wave scale.

Thanks

Actually, Sean you're correct. When I posted that, I didn't stop to think that airplanes were used as IEDs. Nor, the bomb in OKC.

ACtually, today I was working on the script for the show I'm going to do tonight and I happened to think of that. Matter of fact I mention that exact thing -- OKC is technically an IED.

I didn't think in terms of BIG bombs, I was thinking of LITTLE bombs, and I'll make that clear on the show I put together tonight and should be available by tomorrow or Saturday.

So.. I stand... somewhat corrected
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Actually I believe I too was mistaken. I also thought of little road side bombs rather than the bigger IEDs. Quite the eye opener. You begin to see the possibilities of what we need to focus on as a people here.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Thanks

BTW Rick... Looking forward to your next show. I'm very fond of your show and find myself using links to it on other sites to get others involved or prove points.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

Thanks

Thanks Brian.

I have a blog site now... I know you guys are wanting me to spend ALL my time here, but... sometimes I have things to say that don't quite fit in here, and even if they do, sometimes I would ratheer just SAY it woithout having to start a new thread. Eventually the site will get someone there.

Probably trolls. LOL

http://realitycheck.blogsome.com

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Baldwin
    Actually I believe I too was mistaken. I also thought of little road side bombs rather than the bigger IEDs. Quite the eye opener. You begin to see the possibilities of what we need to focus on as a people here.
    We're here to learn. We need to think BIG. And then we need to think even BIGGER.

Now, to what I posted above about stolen tractor-trailers (VBIED platforms) add in the thousands and thousands of untraceable Tracfone's being purchased by Middle eastern men all over the USA. The FBI says there's no link to terrorism here. Yeah, right.

The car bomb which killed 12 people at Jakarata’s Marriott hotel in August 2003 was set off by a mobile phone.

The serial blasts (only three of the ten bombs planted exploded) in Madrid train in March 2004 killing 192 people and wounding 2,050 was solved after one of the unexploded bomb a Mitsubshi mobile phone was recovered.

The planter had not rang up on its SIM to activate the bomb.

A similar bomb that was activated by a mobile call was reported from Bulgaria in January 2004.

http://infotech.indiatimes.com/%20Pe...ow/1884768.cms

Thanks

Actually, I have an old hacker method to solve these issues with cellular bomb phones.

The old things... we... er.. umm.. hackers used to use was something called a wardialer.

Just set a group of computers to start dialing all the cell phone numbers on the planet for awhile -- or at least those in the regions being affect by these kooks...

eventually, we're ... er... they.. the hackers, are going to hit some live phones being wired up with the bombers
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

ooooooo. I like that Rick. I really like that. HEHEHE.
    Brian Baldwin

Banned
    Thanks

The problem is that most of the untraceable $20.00 Tracfone-like cellular phones are:

a) Never activated and used to detonate IED's with the alarm clock function.

b) Activated at the last possible moment or immediately prior to igniting an IED. In this mode of operation such devices are routinely used outside of their assigned calling area - i.e.: they are on roam, or Recieve Only.

Terrorists are not stupid.

Operationally speaking, there has a noted difference between the primarily Middle Eastern-born islamic homicide bombers and the Western converts of 1st/2nd Generation western-born offspring of muslim parents (the London Mass-Transit Bombers of 7/7/05).

There are a few notable American-born converts to islamofascism... Johnny "Taliban" Walker (training in Afghanistan), Jose Padilla (al-Qaeda member), Adam Gadahn al-Amriki (al-Qaeda spokeman), John Muhammed (al-Qaeda/Jamaat-al-Fuqra sniper) and Joel Henry Hinrichs (planned islamofascist honicidal maniac turned gutless suicide bomber) to name a few.

The Spanish bombers used cell phones on the alarm clock function - but were all killed in a subsequent raid on their hideout.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; September 2nd, 2006 at 16:30.

Thanks

Actually, terrorists are stupid. So I have to disagree with you Sean. Those that blow themselves up constantly are stupid.
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson
    Actually, terrorists are stupid.
    No way am I incorrect here, but, LOL, for arguments sake... well, if you're right then that means our people are even stupider.

Islamofascist terrorists demonstrated their stupidity in that they pulled off WTC-I, OKC, 9/11, Bali, Madrid and London. Nearly pulled off a mega-air disaster a couple of weeks ago, and yet another mass-attack on the Canadian government weeks before that and have massive operations pending for Homeland USA.

Osama bin Laden remains free as a bird, so is Ayman al-Zawahiri. Pretty stupid guys they are.

Islamofascist terrorists in Iran are so stupid that within a year they'll have indigenously produced enough plutonium for several indigenously produced nuclear weapons and the medium-to-long-range delivery systems for them. They're even so stupid that they bought the blueprints from even stupider islamist nuclear weapons proliferators for miniaturizing the warheads. Now that's stupid!!!

Those that blow themselves up constantly are stupid.
    99.9% of ANY GROUP of people who are ideologically brainwashed would do the exact same thing without a seconds hesitation irregardless of the ideology in their cranium were they so-ordered or so-self-compelled to act in this manner.

Remember

1.) Kamikaze pilots weren't islamofascist jihadists.

2.) Self-sacrifice for others or a cause is not proprietary to Islam. We do it all the time.

Most importantly, when considering your enemy, never ever dimunitize his ability, never ever underestimate his resolve to accompish his mission or long-term objectives... and above all else

never ever assign to your enemies capabilities less than your own.

That would be tantamount to being stupid.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; September 2nd, 2006 at 23:52.

Thanks

Wow! Well said, Sean! Well said indeed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne
    99.9% of ANY GROUP of people who are ideologically brainwashed would do the exact same thing without a seconds hesitation irregardless of the ideology in their cranium were they so-ordered or so-self-compelled to act in this manner.
    Actually from all I've read from Israeli sources many of these dupes do hesitate and some even turn themselves in to the authorities. Suicide must be sold to the dupe. If you don't sell it completely they won't do it. It's usually some kid (young man) recruited to be the delivery system basically. Brainwashing is correct but that can take it only so far. They're sometimes drugged up or duressed into it also. The most hardcore fanatics though need no prompting.
    Brian Baldwin

Thread Information