Thread: Fake ID shop busted

Thanks

Default Fake ID shop busted

Fake ID shop busted
    Potomac News ^ | September 6, 2006 | LILLIAN KAFKA

A fake ID operation that was manufacturing immigration green cards, Social Security cards and employment papers for more than 1,000 people is out of business, said Prince William County detectives.

Northern Virginia Gang Task Force Detective Brian Wing said this was the largest fake ID operation seen in the county so far, and the men involved had been selling fake employment documents for some time.

Police arrested three Woodbridge men on Saturday when they allegedly sold a fake Social Security card and an employment authorization card to a woman for $100, according to arrest warrants filed in Prince William General District Court.

At 8:45 p.m. detectives stopped a woman in the parking lot of Todos Supermarket in the 14400 block of Jefferson Davis Highway in the Prince William Plaza, said Officer John Bogert, Prince William police spokesman.
    The woman had just purchased a fake Social Security card and an employment authorization card, so detectives looked for the men selling the cards, Bogert said.

Police found three men and arrested them for manufacturing and selling the false identity cards, Bogert said.

Police charged Jovani Hernandez-Garcia, 23; Carlos Lopez, 24; and Mario Peralto-Alatorre, 20, all of whom live at 14124 Essex Drive in Woodbridge, Bogert said.

Each was charged with one misdemeanor count, according to court records.

Wing said the trio should expect to see 10 more felony forgery charges handed down from the Prince William County Commonwealth's Attorney.
    The men were making between $100 and $200 per fake ID, which they made using computers, scanners, printers and a card maker, Wing said.
    Police seized from the house on Essex Drive blank green cards, Social Security cards, resident alien cards, permanent resident cards, more than 1,000 Polaroid pictures, a photo cutter, heat sealers and holograms, Wing said.

Police also collected card makers and completed IDs from Texas, Tennessee, Ohio and every state in Mexico, Wing said.
    He said the false documents were "shoddy" at best.

"There are things I've been taught to look for," Wing said. He pointed to a fake Social Security card. "The lines aren't straight."

He said his main focus is going to be to look for anyone else who might have been involved with the false ID operation.

"I'm looking for more people," Wing said. "If they're out there, I'm going to find them. I'm also going to look into the financial records to see where the money is going."

As for the people who were waiting for their false documents, Wing said he wasn't sure if police would be pursuing them.

"We don't know if these names and dates of birth are right," he said. "I'm not sure anything will happen to them or not."

Hernandez-Garcia, Lopez and Peralto-Alatorre were held in the Prince William-Manassas regional jail without bond. Their court hearing date is Nov. 14.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Fake ID shop busted

Why exactly did they even bother arresting these guys? Misdemeanors? I believe it's a federal crime to forge a SSN Card. It's also so if you purchase one.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Fake ID shop busted

Got me. I saw the news, posted it. I usually don't make editorial comments until later, but you're correct. If you're forging papers like that, you need to get a boot to the head.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information