Thread: Church Sign Angers Muslims

Thanks

Default Church Sign Angers Muslims

"Anger". It's always "Muslim anger"
    Lighten up will ya?
    It's JUST a sign!
    It's not slanderous, not threatening and they sure as hell aren't beheading anyone with their sign!

(Laurel is a small town just a bit north of Venice)

================================================== =========

Church sign stirs anger among local Muslims

By HEATHER ALLEN

heather.allen@heraldtribune.com
    LAUREL -- "Muslims can convert to Christianity here!" read the sign Monday in front of the Congregational Church on Laurel Road.

It was an invitation that the church's pastor, K.C. McCay, admitted he didn't expect anyone to accept.

But coming on the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, it was bound to stir a response.

And it did.

"If church leaders are really interested in saving people, they would find much less offensive ways to do it," said Ahmed Bedier, director of the Tampa chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. "Religious leaders are adding fuel to the fire. It's a shame."

The group plans on taking photos of the sign to document the incident, as it did in 2003 when a Jacksonville minister posted a sign stating that the Prophet Muhammad advocated violence.

McCay, who has been a pastor at the church for five years, said 9/11 never entered his mind when he placed the message on the road-side marquee.

Instead, he was responding to a Texas man, whose name he said he did not remember, who recently called on Christians to convert to Islam.

McCay said he doesn't expect any Muslims to take him up on his offer.

The church, which was founded by his father in 1977, has between 50 and 100 members, depending on the time of year. It is a conservative church that views Christianity as the only path to God.

"We will not vary from that," McCay said. "If Muslims want us to water it down, that might be all right for you, but we're not biting."

But Janet Onnie, chairwoman of the Venice Interfaith Community Association, said McCay's sign did more harm than good in the effort to bring people together.

Celebrating the commonalities between Islam and Christianity is a better way to bring people together, she said.

"You have to ask yourself what Mr. McCay thinks this will accomplish," Onnie said. "It seems childish and doesn't contribute to a dialogue."

Samar Jarrah, a Port Charlotte resident who has written a book about her experiences as a Muslim in the United States, said McCay took the wrong approach.

"Visiting a church will not make me convert. It will, however, give me a chance to meet my fellow brothers and sisters, the People of the Book," she said. "Maybe the church could be more helpful in spreading faith by inviting atheists."

But McCay did seem to find some support.

As he discussed the sign with a reporter Monday afternoon, a handful of drivers honked their approval as they drove past the church.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

Default Re: Church Sign Angers Muslims

"You have to ask yourself what Mr. McCay thinks this will accomplish," Onnie said. "It seems childish and doesn't contribute to a dialogue."
    And terrorists telling Americans "Convert or DIE" DOES contribute? BS. Onnie, STFU.

"If church leaders are really interested in saving people, they would find much less offensive ways to do it," said Ahmed Bedier, director of the Tampa chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. "Religious leaders are adding fuel to the fire. It's a shame."
    REALLLLLLLY AHMED!!!!!!!!! Shut your Islamic mouth, since you're talking out your ASS!. OFFENSIVE? What do you call TERRORISTS telling Americans to "Convert or DIE"????? You think that isn't offensive?????????

You know what... people we need to write these idiots and insult them now. I'm sick to death of people backing down and shutting up because some whiney-assed-big-mouthed-BABY-Muslim-Islamic-KOOK doesn't LIKE to let Americans SPEAK, and they are "offended".

I'm DAMNED offended at your being OFFENDED --- I think you need to shut your mouth you Muslim creep.

(/triade off)
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Literary Wanderer
    Thanks

I'm in agreement with Rick. Enough is enough. I say we (a TAA collective) put our money where our mouth is and pen a letter to CAIR and any other Islamic organization that needs an "adjustment" of their attitude. We need to get tough now in memory of the fallen, of our waning freedom and of the strength inherent to the foundations of this nation. And, following their inevitable response, we need to put together a delegation to meet with the enemy directly, face to face. We must stop backing down.

Thanks

A couple of things....I forgot to put a link to the page on the news article and here's the addy for CAIR in Tampa.
    Also...if you have hypertension, exercise caution when diving into this particular cesspool:

http://www.cair-florida.org/

Here's the link to the Herald Tribune:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pb...NEWS/609120341

Second item. Here is the address for the Tampa chapter of CAIR:

CAIR Florida, Inc.
    8056 N. 56th Street
    Tampa, FL 33617

Phone number anyone?
    813-514-1414

*hat tip to Rick for a good idea but not for the present state of my blood pressure after visiting that cesspool.

WRITE and CALL and tell others...LET THEM HAVE IT!

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bagadonuts View Post
    "If church leaders are really interested in saving people, they would find much less offensive ways to do it," said Ahmed Bedier, director of the Tampa chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
    Oh, does he mean like with Mr. Centani and Mr. Wiig?

"Convert to Islam or we splatter your brain matter all over the wall behind you!"

That kind of "less offensive way"?

Thanks

Mr. Donaldson:

The address of the church is:

730 Laurel Rd E
    Nokomis, FL 34275-4502

Heather Allen
    Sarasota Herald Tribune
    941-423-2538
    941-315-3869 (cell)

-----"Donaldson, Ricky MDA/ICEI" wrote: -----

To:
    Date: 09/12/2006 10:40AM
    Subject: article (UNCLASSIFIED)

Church sign stirs anger among local Muslims

By HEATHER ALLEN

HYPERLINK "mailto:heather.allen@heraldtribune.com"
    heather.allen@heraldtribune.com
    LAUREL -- "Muslims can convert to Christianity here!" read the sign Monday in front of the Congregational Church on Laurel Road.

It was an invitation that the church's pastor, K.C. McCay, admitted he didn't expect anyone to accept.

In regards to this article, do you have contact information for the Pastor of that church? Some of us want to write him and tell him what a GOOD JOB he is doing. I'm sick of these hypocrites telling Americans to "convert or die" and get "offended" when someone does something similar back, without the death threats.

Please respond back. Thanks.

Rick Donaldson, Colorado Springs, CO

Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

There's the Pastor's contact information as well. I'll be writing him as soon as I can today.

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information