Thread: USAF Wants Weapons Tested on US Citizens!

Thanks

Default USAF Wants Weapons Tested on US Citizens!

I can't believe what I'm reading here.

THE SECRETARY OF THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE WANTS WEAPONS OF WAR TESTED ON AMERICAN CITIZENS!

You heard me right. This guy needs his friggin head examined!

Listen to this maniacs logic:

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation," said Wynne.
    The fault I find with his logic here is WE ARE NOT AT WAR WITH AMERICAN CITIZENS!

but there's more:

"(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."
    Ohhhhhhh......so screw the American people just so YOU are not "vilified in the world press"??

YOU SCUMBAG!

Is he totally out of his frigging mind? This guy needs to be working as a janitor cleaning toilets somewhere....he is definitely NOT someone I want "defending" me....as I sure as hell do not want to be paying his salary!

Ya know....before I retired, our department made the transition from Mace to pepper spray. At the time everyone was sprayed with pepper spray just to show you that as a cop you could still defend yourself even if you were sprayed with it by some shittum. You were trained to give verbal commands....swing your PR-24, draw and point your weapon. at one of these training sessions...some hairbag wisecracked..."next thing you know....they'll wanna shoot us with our own F-ing service weapons so we know how THAT feels too". We all laughed and now.....lo and behold, it's come to pass.

This horses ass sees us as nothing more than guinea pigs.....just so that Ramsey Clark can't run over to the M.E. and counsel Mustafa to sue the Great Satan because the weapons weren't tested on the American devils at home.

OK.....here's the article.

================================================== ========

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...e/4182615.html

Sept. 13, 2006, 5:34PM
    Test nonlethal weapons on U.S. citizens, official says

By LOLITA C. BALDOR
    Associated Press

WASHINGTON - Nonlethal weapons such as high-power microwave devices should be used on American citizens in crowd-control situations before they are used on the battlefield, the Air Force secretary said Tuesday.

Domestic use would make it easier to avoid questions in the international community over any possible safety concerns, said Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne.

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation," said Wynne.

"(Because) if I hit somebody with a nonlethal weapon and they claim that it injured them in a way that was not intended, I think that I would be vilified in the world press."

The Air Force has funded research into nonlethal weapons, but he said the service isn't likely to spend more money on development until injury issues are reviewed by medical experts and resolved.

Nonlethal weapons can weaken people if they are hit with the beam.

Some of the weapons can emit short, intense energy pulses that also disable some electronic devices.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

Default Re: USAF Wants Weapons Tested on US Citizens!

I can just see the ACLU, the law suits would be flying like crazy. We could alway us these weapons at the Border.

Thanks

I say we test them on Americans too. Starting with Congressmen, Senators, Dipsh*t Secretary of U.S.A.F. ... And others like him. That should fit within his needs not to be vilified and be pleasant entertainment for the rest of us too. If they make it pay per view I'd pay.
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Some of the weapons can emit short, intense energy pulses that also disable some electronic devices.
    It sounds like they're talking about low power microwave or lasers as "stun guns" or anti-tasar stun guns. Probably the USAF was fooling around with a low powered version of laser, designed for internal security and discovered it could be useful for riots, PCP-drugged individuals , pschizophrenics etc. Sounds like a decent export to the police community.

Testing these items is a difficult moral and legal issue. They're no use in lethal combat. I would suggest they fire up quite a few apes, till they get the adjustment secure. Tasers (50,000) volt stunners are useful, but clumsy. Normally they are restricted for official use in potentially life threatening situations where the assailant is obviously temporarily mentally impaired.

Some of these, I have read have been used in Iraq, and nastier versions by Soviets in 1 Aphganistan.
    Less likely, the article refers to geared down versions of electronic beam energy or nano tech. Some of these, I have read have been used in Iraq, and nastier versions by Soviets in 1 Aphganistan.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Hiya Sami,

Yep I remember reading about those weapons. Microwave energy so intense and hot on your skin that you run from the area as fast as you can...but the government isn't sure how it will affect pregnant women, innocent bystanders, kids or even the soldiers who use them.

I have no problem if Secretary Wynne gets volunteers from the prison system who want to be guines pigs (but no pregnant women).....or hell, I don't even care if Wynne tests these weapons on his own family . I like the idea Falcon had...use them at the border to enforce our border security, but the idea of testing them on American citizens sounds to me like an idea from Stalin or Hitler and it just makes my blood boil.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bagadonuts View Post
    Hiya Sami,

Yep I remember reading about those weapons. Microwave energy so intense and hot on your skin that you run from the area as fast as you can...but the government isn't sure how it will affect pregnant women, innocent bystanders, kids or even the soldiers who use them.

I have no problem if Secretary Wynne gets volunteers from the prison system who want to be guines pigs (but no pregnant women).....or hell, I don't even care if Wynne tests these weapons on his own family . I like the idea Falcon had...use them at the border to enforce our border security, but the idea of testing them on American citizens sounds to me like an idea from Stalin or Hitler and it just makes my blood boil.

I was talking to my father about this today... He said the same thing. It reminds him of WWII and the Nazis. You test them on the enemy. Period. And who the hell cares what an already Anti-American society thinks about us?
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

I say put these on the U.S./Mexican Border.

Just don't let Morris Dees know, and it should be alright.

Seriously, testing a new weapon on U.S. citizens really bothers me.

Really.

Banned
    Thanks

Sheer freaking lunacy. . Moron.

The testing ranges are located in Kunar, Kandahar and Paktika provinces of Afghanistan and anywhere else the Taliban or Al Qaeda may roam... like North Waziristan.

Thanks

Here's a slightly longer, more informative article. It does refer to laser, rather than the microwave, "active denial system". This geared down use of laser is useless in heavy combat.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/tech/2713572.html

The high powered beams can anihilate, as Sean mentioned, and though the article does not mention it, some of these systems are "good to go and installed". I would imagine others are classified and the true origin of the "debate" or mentioned fear of international press objections.

The most ambitious program is the Air Force's Airborne Laser, a plan to mount a laser on a modified Boeing 747 and use it to shoot down missiles.
    ...this system is (I read) already funtional in some fighter jets. Disturbingly, I reckon the russkies are proficient and no qualms about using this (these) weapons and sharing them with their Venezuelan, SCO and Islamic buddies.

Just as in taser research, the volunteers are not pregnant, have no pacemakers etc.

Human testing of the Active Denial System began after researchers concluded it could be used without permanent harm. More than 200 volunteers -- including some in their 70s -- from various military branches and government agencies were zapped with the system, on average about three times each.
    I think the original article was misleading, and after more animal and volunteer human subject testing, as mentioned in the article, these low energy laser weapons could be useful in riots, crowd dispersal or management.
    Last edited by samizdat; September 15th, 2006 at 05:16. Reason: forgot link

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thread Information