Thread: Man Crashes Capitol Barrier

Thanks

Default Man Crashes Capitol Barrier

The suspects name was not given...just a lone nut or a test of the defenses?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...09-18-08-45-27

Sep 18, 9:36 AM EDT
    Man Crashes Capitol Barrier, Is Arrested

By MARK SHERMAN
    Associated Press Writer

U.S. Video
    Advertisement

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A man crashed his vehicle into a security barricade at the U.S. Capitol on Monday, ran into the building and was arrested, forcing the complex to briefly be locked down, authorities said.

Police shut down the complex as they investigated the incident, and to ensure that all people there were authorized to be there. The incident happened shortly before 8 a.m., EDT, witnesses said. The Capitol complex was reopened within the hour.

Hill staffers were briefly instructed to remain in their offices while police searched to ensure there were no other interlopers.

Construction workers and police said the man drove his SUV through a barricade at the Capitol, where a major visitors' center is under construction. His vehicle also crashed into a water fountain on the plaza in the middle of the construction area.

Witnesses said the man, wearing a blue ballcap, ran into the Capitol near the Rotunda and was pursued by police. A construction supervisor said the man was apprehended in a construction area on the third floor of the building.

In the summer of 1998, two Capitol Police officers were shot to death when a man with a history of mental illness opened fire in the building. The man was wounded and captured.

Police cordoned off the vehicle, a light-colored SUV, which sustained a damaged front fender, and were searching it.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Man Crashes Capitol Barrier

"Witnesses say the man was extremely overweight, spoke with a slurred Bostonian accent, and was heard to be mutttering things about 'Mary Jo'."

Thanks

HAHAHA.......and....."hey it's ok.....I work here"

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Banned
    Thanks

How is it that this overweight guy got from crashing his car into a barrier, past the fountain and all the way up to the third floor with Capitol Police "in pursuit". Yes, he was on the 3rd before the Capitol Police "caught up" with him.

See the fountain in between the steps? See all those steps between the fountain and 3rd Floor?

What I am saying is...why were Capitol PD "in pursuit" of and had to "catch up with" this schmuck and not in front of and above him as he progressed upwards to enter the Capitol Building???

Security is preemptive, not reactive. I'll take the high ground every day of the week and all day long on Sunday in defending a fixed position!

'Course I had better wait for some other details to emerge....

Thread Information