Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuclear Terrorism: Threat Indicators

Banned
    Thanks

Default Nuclear Terrorism: Threat Indicators

Starting this new thread per Rick's request to track nuclear terrorism threat indications.

Let's begin with yesterday... and move forward form there...

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: Nuclear Terrorism: Threat Indicators

As a result of both articles NEIN posted yesterday a reader contacted me with critical information about illegal activity on our borders. The reader made a specific reference to foreign nationals being captured with "potassium iodate" tablets in their possession. This was an extremely significant tidbit of data, so we embarked on a 'full court press' to independently corroborate the data. Within hours we had that corroboration and further corroborations continue to be recieved.

Nuclear Threats : Law Enforcement Sources Confirm: Illegals crossing border carrying "KI Tablets"

*18 September 2006: In an article provided exclusively to the Northeast Intelligence Network and Canada Free Press by Dr. Paul Williams and Mr. David Dastych on Saturday, “final preparations have been made for the next major attack on the US” identified as “American Hiroshima,” suggesting the attack will be nuclear in nature. Since we published that report, confidential sources in law enforcement positions have privately confirmed to the Northeast Intelligence Network that a "disturbing trend" is being reported on both of our borders – a pattern that is consistent with a potential nuclear attack scenario against the US. According to these sources, a "significant and alarming number" of illegal aliens attempting entry into the US, caught by border patrol agents, have been found to be carrying Potassium Iodide tablets, which are used to protect against exposure to radiation in emergency situations.*

According to our sources, the illegal aliens who have been caught have been described as OTMs (other-than Mexicans), and consist primarily of Chinese and Iranian nationals on our southern border, and Asians and others from a variety of Middle Eastern countries at the US-Canadian border. Law enforcement sources providing this information to the Northeast Intelligence Network agreed that this is “a very recent phenomena,” but one that has increased to “alarming levels” and is of particular concern to government officials.

*NOTE: An astute and well-educated reader accurately points out that Potassium Iodate, also referred to as KI, protects only one organ in the body (the thyroid) from ONE form of radiation (I-131). And it does so only if a person takes the tablet BEFORE (or just after) being exposed to I-131, as the KI fills up the thyroid gland with "good" salt instead of the radioactive version.

Too many people nationwide already falsely believe that KI is a so-called "anti-radiation" pill that will protect them from all forms of radiation. If a person takes the tablet and fails to leave/evacuate a radioactive area, they will still be exposed to radiation and will likely become ill or even die from radiation sickness. Further, Gamma radiation, (the type of radiation that killed so many people in Nagasaki and Hiroshima, Japan, after the atomic blasts in 1945) is deadly; Potassium Iodate offers no protection on this type of nuclear radiation.

For further and more specific information, you may download the KI Fact Sheet compiled using information from the National Institutes of Health, Food & Drug Administration, and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (PDF File).
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; September 21st, 2006 at 15:26.

Banned
    Thanks

http://www.terroristwarning.com/

TerroristWarning.com Terrorism Headlines 09/17/2006 # 1
    TW Editor Urgent Special Request - We would very much like to hear from any USBP, ICE, JTF6, "Jump Start" participants, Minuteman members, or anyone otherwise involved in border law enforcement regarding any recent incidents where illegal border crossers (OTM or otherwise) have been found to be in posession of Potassium Iodide or similar 'radiation pills' - please email any data to News@TerroristWarning.com , anonymity guaranteed.

National:
    [WND] USA - Al-Qaida warning: Muslims leave U.S. - Afghan terror commander hints at big attack on N.Y., Washington [TW Editor - and those who failed to secure our border should hang their heads in shame]

"may involve some form of weapon of mass destruction smuggled across the Mexican border"
    http://www.wnd.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52018

[Northeast Intelligence Network] USA - American Hiroshima: the Solution for Destroying America

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/site/modules/news/article.php?storyid=591

See also blog : http://wizbangblog.com/2006/09/17/update-on-story-of-al-qaeda-plans-for-nuclear-attack.php

Thanks

Ok.. here's some questions.

Sean, specifically to you. Your sources want to remain anonymous, I'm sure -- but, how... I guess confident are you in the actual story about KI tablets being found?

Secondly, is there ANY open-source news items we can point to in this?

Thirdly,
    The reader made a specific reference to foreign nationals being captured with 'potassium iodate" tablets in their possession.
    this reader of your site actually received this information second hand, and informed you guys, right? Was this person LE or just a general reader out of curiousity (I know, we don't want to identify someone, etc... understood, but the knowledge the reader has is ... well, in question from my point of view).

Please don't take this as me trying to disprove anything. I'm looking for some factual information here, and I'm left with just the point that two fellows point to "something bigger", a reader whose background is unknown to us says "this thing happened" (which is SIGNIFICANT IF TRUE!!!) and we've got no news articles to back this up, and no official statements from anyone on Border Patrol.

Is there anyway at ALL we can get some kind of official statement from LE?

Rick
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Very odd and perhaps significant tidbit. KI proceeds from Spetsnaz, Hugo, Bolivia-Paraguay-Brazilian triangle. Or Arab pils imported. Or counterfeits.

Russkies, Arabs and the triangular terrorist camp are the suspects. In either of the 3 cases, good chance of counterfeits.

KI pills from Mexico? Como no- no hay-ni modo.
    (of course-there aren't any-no way). Problem is if Abdul and Raul shave and thread up the same- they are mirrors.

This is an odd tidbit. Mexico's only nuclear plant is about 45 km north of me, not downwind. No KI pills. About 18 months ago, I went to 10 pharmacies, and finally bought (the last bottle) of KI powder which mixed in a liter bottle of water is horrid to the tongue, but I'll shove it down my and my kids throats in a meltdown. This powder is probably in your kids Jr. High chem lab, and used for some other odd jobs, but not in wide demand.

My guess is that the pills are frantic counterfeits- made in a clandestine lab in Chihuahua- to be sold at 5-10 times the price of the "cut" they were made with. Probably an analysis will show chemical traces of common "cut". "Cut" is white powder used to dilute cocaine or "burn" minor wholesale drug dealers.
    Last edited by samizdat; September 19th, 2006 at 03:13. Reason: add info

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Ok.. here's some questions.

Sean, specifically to you. Your sources want to remain anonymous, I'm sure -- but, how... I guess confident are you in the actual story about KI tablets being found?
    Rick, let me begin this cross-examination of my data by saying very unambiguously ---

What LE career man or woman is going to risk his career and pension by going 'on the record' with information he/she has been instructed to regard as "law enforcement sensitive"? The answer is, nobody, unless you are professionally and financially suicidal.

However, that does not mean the information about KI pills being found in the possession of illegal foreign nations coming over the border is not a fact.

My confidence in this data being factual is overwhelming. I know for a fact that the FBI and other LE have known this information for a few months now. That is where the rumors, i.e.: the "leaks" about this reality are coming from.

Secondly, is there ANY open-source news items we can point to in this?
    I advise everybody to do your own research on this and let me know who besides NEIN has such information. I'd really, really like to know this as well.

Thirdly, this reader of your site actually received this information second hand, and informed you guys, right?
    Correct. Being on an Arizona border area he'd heard this as a rumor that was going around among the Minutemen, who in turn claim it was coming from some certain federal LE sources - friends of the Minutemen - unlike certain folks in DC who refer to the Minutemen as "vigilantes". What we have done in learning of this is to confirm this "rumor' as a fact by querying our own anonymous and well-vetted sources within Federal LE.

Was this person LE or just a general reader out of curiousity (I know, we don't want to identify someone, etc... understood, but the knowledge the reader has is ... well, in question from my point of view).
    The individual and his staff are former-US SOF who are on the ground in a particular area of the border in Arizona.

Is there anyway at ALL we can get some kind of official statement from LE?
    Reference my above opening italicized comment.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; September 19th, 2006 at 12:30.

Thanks

I've got a question, why would these rag heads carry KI pills?

I thought the intent was to die a Martyr?

Thanks

What LE career man or woman is going to risk his career and pension by going 'on the record' with information he/she has been instructed to regard as "law enforcement sensitive"? The answer is, nobody, unless you are professionally and financially suicidal.
    None, I'm not asking you to fingerprint them and post their mug shots. I'm asking YOU how confident YOU are in the reports. Even LE folks have been know to... oh, embellish the facts a bit. I'm asking how sure you are of their reports. Did you personally interview them, or is this third hand to you?

However, that does not mean the information about KI pills being found in the possession of illegal foreign nations coming over the border is not a fact.
    No, it doesn't mean that and I'm not implying that. I am trying to get a hard piece of evidence for this, and quickly.

My confidence in this data being factual is overwhelming. I know for a fact that the FBI and other LE have known this information for a few months now. That is where the rumors, i.e.: the "leaks" about this reality are coming from.
    Ok, that's the answer I was seeking above.

I advise everybody to do your own research on this and let me know who besides NEIN has such information. I'd really, really like to know this as well.
    I AM doing it, and so far, I've come up empty handed. I have pretty much found the same links either NEIN has, or the Candian Press I think it was. Check my blog for links, I'm posting them as I get them. I don't want to start a massive loop though.

What we have done in learning of this is to confirm this "rumor' as a fact by querying our own anonymous and well-vetted sources within Federal LE.
    Have you guys specifically spoken to the Minutemen too? I would... in fact, I stopped what I was doing here, and I contacted the Minuteman project and am asking for information and an interview.

As Sean has put it several times, the terrorists aren't stupid. These are not the run-of-the-mill kooks most likely. These guys PROBABLY have a DIRECT relationship to whatever is going to be happening SOON. If they are indeed actively crossing the border, with these pills in their POCKETS then they have some likely targets in mind, equipment or supplies already in place, and they are going to make a strike.

The alternative to this is that the strike is on a nuclear plant that they are going to TAKE material from to USE later and they know they need to transport the material somewhere to someone else for final disposition.

There are only two or three scenarios I can come up with for this, and not one of them is a GOOD SCENARIO.

That's why I am so hot on this, and I'm asking for more information from Sean. I could really care less whether some GOVERNMENT WORKER is worried about his or her job for 'telling the public' something. I don't want to see them lose their jobs, obviously, but someone CAN come forward, anonymously and tell someone in the media about this so it is not just coming from one source -- in this case NEIN.

My issue with this information is, like so much of the "conspiracy crap" we see out there, we do not have verifable data. *I* can't personally verify it, because obviously Sean's sources aren't contacting ME for instance.

Sean's sources are probably being told this is "classified information" at the Secret level and then they are not able to pass it. But, they are talking AROUND the fact that it is classified and passing it.

If it is NOT CLASSIFIED then they should, someone, PR people at least need to BE telling the American Public.

Ok.. perhaps, they are not doing so because they now realize the significance of these tablets means there is a SIGNIFICANT THREAT, and a specific NUCLEAR THREAT to the United States... if so, then good on the government and I hope they catch these bastards before they can carry out their attack.

But, at this point, I'm betting they won't...
    Last edited by American Patriot; September 19th, 2006 at 15:21.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Even LE folks have been know to... oh, embellish the facts a bit.
    What nonsense!

Actually, the cop term for that is called "creative report writing"...uhhh... or so I've heard.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

Along with Rick's reasons, I'd like to add that these folks with the KI are valuable.

Would the islamoterrorists trust rad materials to just any local hired mule? One who would become sick if not given KI? They get sick, I'd bet they'd run their mouth. You give them the KI, and you're trusting an unknown entitiy; bringing an unknown into a huge OP.

You give any mule around the border money, and they'll do anything. They get sick, I'd bet they'd run their mouth.

If it was me, I'd do exactly what I think they're doing:
    1. The current islamoterrorist mules were trained by local (mexican) mules.
    2. The newly trained islamoterrorist mules are now the transportation element for whatever - and whoever - needs to get into this country. They provide the OPSEC necessary to complete the OP.
    3. The new mules are given KI to prevent illness.

Dying a martyr is OK - but you gotta keep a valuable asset alive long enough to assemble the materials needed to die martyr.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

Yeah, that's what some of them want the West to believe.

Heck, we still can't believe why so many Japanese pilots did the same thing in WWII.

Suicide missions are acts of ultimate desperation, are they not?

Let the other SOB die for his cause, help him on his way for that matter, but dont assume they all operate in this manner. The Madrid bombings should have proved that falacy long ago.

Some terrorists are suicidal, some obviously are not. Don't make the mistake of assuming all raghead terrorist strikes as being something monolithic or, proverbially speaking, tossing all of them in the same basket of rotten eggs.

Banned
    Thanks

Have you guys specifically spoken to the Minutemen too?
    The guy who emailed me is obviously closely in league with the Minutemen -- so the answer here is yes. We have exchanged several emails, and are moving into hushmail contact from there on.

Regarding the Minutemen, and the anonymous federal corroboration of the KI tablet issue that NEIN has reported on... another very salient reason for the Fed's to officially remain silent is that we have POTUS - the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of the United States - on the public record dismissing the Minutemen and people like the guy who originally emailed me about this as "VIGILANTES". What federal LE is going to publicly confirm such "rumors"? Again, none of them in their right mind would do so.

Having those very honorable Minutemen confirm the KI issue simply puts you in that same position I was in on Sunday afternoon when I got that email... it is unofficial, unsubstantiated and lacks federal official confirmation.

Let me take this to what I believe is the obvious next step forward... a step that is as overlooked as that of POTUS calling Minutement "vigilantes".

The next step is very unambiguously this... It was the official position of the US government that CIA High Value Target [i.e: 'enemy combatant'] detention centers holding AQ terrorists like KSM et. al. did not exist, were denied explicitly and at length for months and months and months of MSM illumination... until POTUS very recently acknowledged them to be a fact.

and what the !!!

This is exactly what we are faced with here in the KI tablets issue.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; September 19th, 2006 at 15:29.

Thanks

Well... like I said before. I have an issue with this situation. Not with Sean and certainly not his reporting of it. I appreciate it, but we seriously need to make some live verifications and we need to get this out to everyone in the public.

A forwarned public is forearmed....

I have a contact with the border patrol. I'll contact him tonight as well. He and I game together and he's been pretty honest with me when I ask him questions.
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    Would the islamoterrorists trust rad materials to just any local hired mule? One who would become sick if not given KI? They get sick, I'd bet they'd run their mouth. You give them the KI, and you're trusting an unknown entitiy; bringing an unknown into a huge OP.
    Backstop,

A very important point to make here, and that is the purpose of the KI is not that of a anti-radiation panacea or as an anti-radiation pill. As we stated in our report...

*NOTE: An astute and well-educated reader accurately points out that Potassium Iodate, also referred to as KI, protects only one organ in the body (the thyroid) from ONE form of radiation (I-131). And it does so only if a person takes the tablet BEFORE (or just after) being exposed to I-131, as the KI fills up the thyroid gland with "good" salt instead of the radioactive version.
    Radioactive Iodine a/k/a I-131 only exists after a nuclear detonation or in a reactor meltdown emergency.

KI does not protect from deadly gamma radiation.

As our advisory continues...

Too many people nationwide already falsely believe that KI is a so-called "anti-radiation" pill that will protect them from all forms of radiation. If a person takes the tablet and fails to leave/evacuate a radioactive area, they will still be exposed to radiation and will likely become ill or even die from radiation sickness. Further, Gamma radiation, (the type of radiation that killed so many people in Nagasaki and Hiroshima, Japan, after the atomic blasts in 1945) is deadly; Potassium Iodate offers no protection on this type of nuclear radiation.

For further and more specific information, you may download the KI Fact Sheet compiled using information from the National Institutes of Health, Food & Drug Administration, and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (PDF File).
    In fact, I-131 is a very short-lived radioactive isotope which exists after the specific causes I stated above. KI pills prevent thyroid damage only after a nuclear event has occured. The thyroid is a key gland in the body which regulates a whole bunch of life necessities for the human body. KI becomes un-radioactive or non-dangerous in about 90 days maximum. Survive a nuke blast by being far enough distant, and the deadly radiation emitted, and start consuming your KI supply and you might survive the entire ordeal. That's exactly what many survivalists have as their own worst case nuke warfare survival plan.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; September 19th, 2006 at 15:49.

Banned
    Thanks

I have a contact with the border patrol. I'll contact him tonight as well. He and I game together and he's been pretty honest with me when I ask him questions.
    That would be great corroboration, and I welcome it 1000%.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne View Post
    Backstop,

A very important point to make here, and that is the purpose of the KI is not that of a anti-radiation panacea or as an anti-radiation pill. As we stated in our report...

Radioactive Iodine a/k/a I-131 only exists after a nuclear detonation or in a reactor meltdown emergency.

KI does not protect from deadly gamma radiation.

As our advisory continues...

In fact, I-131 is a very short-lived radioactive isotope which exists after the specific causes I stated above. KI pills prevent thyroid damage only after a nuclear event has occured. The thyroid is a key gland in the body which regulates a whole bunch of life necessities for the human body. KI becomes un-radioactive or non-dangerous in about 90 days maximum. Survive a nuke blast by being far enough distant, and the deadly radiation emitted, and start consuming your KI supply and you might survive the entire ordeal. That's exactly what many survivalists have as their own worst case nuke warfare survival plan.
    I understand the psyio of what it does.

But I was under the impression it would protect those that - is this case - were transporting said materials in the event of a 'leak.'

Can you verify I understand that it will not prevent the handlers (mules) in the situation I just described?

If I'm wrong, I need to edit my above post.

I'll research in the meantime.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Backstop View Post
    But I was under the impression it would protect those that - is this case - were transporting said materials in the event of a 'leak.'
    Backstop,

That's the common misperception about KI. In the event of a radioactive "leak" from a nuke bomb or RDD all of the KI in the world will not prevent that individual from being radioactively poisoned.

KI (Potassium Iodate) only function is to keep as much radioactive iodine as possible from getting into the thyroid gland and screwing up a whole slew of necessary body functions.

Thanks

KI has been given to folks living around nuke plants - to be used in the event of a leak.

I'm reading now:

[quote]http://www.nukepills.com/emergency-preparedness.htm

The thyroid gland is vulnerable to the uptake of radioactive iodine. If a radiological release occurs at a nuclear power plant, States may decide to provide the public with a stable iodine, potassium iodide, which saturates the thyroid and protects it from the uptake of radioactive iodine. Such a protective action is at the option of State, and in some cases, local government.[/url]

Will KI not protect against the gamma rays of a nuke detonation.

So the mules are not concerned with gamma rays.

So my questions morph to:
    1. What type of radiation may the mules be subject to - as evidenced by their KI.

2. Is radioactive iodide a by product of a nuke det?

I must be slow...

Thanks

Whoa - just realize I DID type something misleading...let me explain.

I fully understand that KI only protects the thyroid.

As that type of cancer appears so prevelant in those exposed to nuke accidents, I believe the mules were given KI to prevent thyroid cancer int he event of a leak.

Again, I fully understand KI will only protect the thyroid, and is only a temp measure as folks need to unass the AO in a nuke scenario as other organs will be damaged.
    Last edited by Backstop; September 19th, 2006 at 20:11.

Thanks

That's exactly where my problem lies.

These guys were told to take these tabs while they are transporting small quantities of this stuff. I bet you MONEY the BP doesn't keep geiger counters handy and they don't do cavity searches on these creeps.

You don't need a LOT of radioactive material to poison water, grain or other supplies, but you need a considerable amount if you're going to stick it in a conventional explosives device to spread over a LARGE area.

You don't have to carry it all at ONCE either, a little here, a little there, a little UP there....

Remember the cell phones on the other post with the xrays??????
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information