Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost - Season 3

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Lost - Season 3

Well, the third season of Lost premiered last night!

What did everyone think of it?

I thought the way The Others were shown to be living a sort of suburban lifestyle (complete with book club meetings!) on the island was VERY odd!

As an aside, the book they were discussing was a copy of Stephen King's Carrie. It is interesting that despite the seeming outlandish/mythic nature of some things we've seen on Lost so far (the black smoke) that the one individual regarded the book's subject matter as "hokum".

We also got to finally see the underwater station known as the Hydra. When Jack mentioned something about the room he was in being for sharks, I remembered the shark with the Dharma logo seen last season.

And, there was also another station seen though the name wasn't mentioned. This is the one where the animal research was obviously done.

As other people have said, hopefully we start getting some answers about what everything on Lost is about!

Thanks

Default Re: Lost - Season 3

I was able to watch it and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I have school on Wednesday nights so I will probably have to wait for the DVD. I thought the beginning was pretty cool with great SFX. I also enjoyed the backstory on Jack.

Thanks

Someone lost season three? Of what?
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

If we told you we'd have to kill you...

Thanks

damn.. I thought you were going to say "Lost".

and I was going to reply, "I know it's lost, what is lost? And who lost it?"

In Abbot and Costello fashion.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I so wanted Jack to garrot that blonde bitch and then jam a steel pipe up Henry Gale's ass. He should kill them every single chance he gets.

Thanks

What is up with this island???

This is my theories on the island up to now: (Spoilers ahead)

Station 3, a.k.a. The Swan, of the Dhrama Initiative is real. They must enter the number sequence or a large electomagnetic field will be released. This is the reason why the plane when down, because Desmond didn't press it in time.

Station 5, a.k.a The Pearl, is the real experiment. After they finish a notebook they must roll it up and put it in the tube to send to headquarters. As we found out, the notebooks just ends up in an open field.

The "monster" was created by the "Others". What excatly it is, I don't know.

The Others were the ones that started the Dharma Initiative. Something happend that made them stranded on the island.

That's it for now. Why dead people are seen by the survivors I still have no idea. Why or how the survivors are "healed" on the island I still don't know. I found it interesting that Henry Gale knew right away what to do after they saw the plane crash. He immediately pick two people (Ethan and Goodwin) to go to the surviors and make a list. How would he even know there would be surviors? I really hope this season will start explaining things instead of starting more questions.
    Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket???

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is the press coverage.

Thanks

This past episode was interesting...

We saw that there is again a chance that Sun and Jin's baby may not be Jin's.

Then, what was up with The Others relegating Kate and Sawyer to just digging? I'd think that for all the trouble, they would want them for something more important. I did like how Sawyer tested them out. I just wish he'd have made use of that 30 round mag in the AK!

I did like how Sun plugged The Other chick on the boat.

And, I did get a kick out of the whole "Red Sox winning the World Series" bit. It does raise some questions as to what exactly The Others are if they do indeed have so much contact with the outside world.

Thanks

I think tomorrow I'm going to make an animated gif of fonzi going over the shark enclosure.

Henry Gale or whatever his name is...says he's going to take Jack back home, personally, all he has to do is do what henry wants. Well, Henry, what is it you want from Jack? How about just taking him back like the nice guy you are.

GAHH. This season is crap so far. I'm really hating it.

Thanks

GAHH. This season is crap so far. I'm really hating it.
    Not going as far as calling it crap, but so far it is disappointing. Nothing exciting is happening. No answers are being given. And more back stories that doesn't have to be shown. Last season it took four episodes to explain everything about season's one finale. This time it is going just as slow.

Ben, formerly known as Henry Gale, told Jack that they do have contact with the outside world and that he has lived on that island his entire life. This raises some questions about WHY he is on that island.

As with the whole Sawyer and Kate breaking and moving rocks, I think The Others are testing them to see how well they will do what they are told to. Sawyer, being the bad ass he is, could care less what they do to him, but when Kate's in danger he turns into a big softy.

...a chance that Sun and Jin's baby may not be Jin's
    I think it is Jin's. As we all know, there is something up with this island. Locke can walk again and Rose's cancer left her. Last season they said that Jin was the one that can't have childern, well the island fixed two people why not him?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bastastic View Post
    I think it is Jin's. As we all know, there is something up with this island. Locke can walk again and Rose's cancer left her. Last season they said that Jin was the one that can't have childern, well the island fixed two people why not him?
    But then again, there is always the possibility that these "cures" are much more mundane things. Things like the impact from the crash cuasing a nerve to not be pinched in Locke's back and he can therefore now walk. Or that Rose's cancer hasn't actually left her but is simply in remission. If there is a more realistic reason as to what has happened to some peoples' illnesses as opposed to the island having magic curing powers, then perhaps the baby really isn't Jin's. It is possible that the island isn't as magical as some believe...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    It is possible that the island isn't as magical as some believe...
    I don't want to admit this, but that's more than likely true. Everything "magical" that has happend so far isn't what it seems. A good example is when Locke started to lose feeling in his legs in the first season. He thought the island was taking it back, but so far there is no evidence the island had anything to do with it to begin with.

I think that the writers of the show want us to believe something paranormal is going on, but have a hidden agenda for us overall. Either I'm still watching!

From what I've been reading this next episode is going to be a Locke centric. Maybe we get to finally know why he was in a wheelchair, or even how he knows how to hunt.

Also, I don't know if this was posted already, but I found this site the other night and I've bee hooked since. Good stuff.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks

Last night's episode was pretty good. Everyone in the Swan turned out to be alive. Well, barely. Locke wasn't able to speak. Mr. Ecko was taken by a polar bear. And Desmond...lost his clothes. I was a bit dissapointed with Locke's flashbacks. I was hoping they would explain how he came to be, but learning that he grew dope was probably the best suprise this season. After all the crap he gave Charlie for his heroine, that was the last thing I would have expected. Also, Desmond is now psychic? Where did that come from?

Thanks

+1 to that!

It's interesting how The Swan hatch just imploded...

I got a kick out of the Hurley/Desmond interaction! LOL!

By the way, anyone catch the text on the stick that Locke picked up in his delusion? It flashed too quickly for me to read anything on there.

Thanks

Oh, almost forgot... Remember during Locke's delusion we saw Ben/Henry as a securiy screener? Now the question is was that real or since it was part of Lockes delusion was it fake?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruck View Post
    +1 to that!

It's interesting how The Swan hatch just imploded...

With The Swan imploding like that, how were they able to end up outside of it? Also, how was it that Charlie was the only one to walk away with nothing happening to him?

I got a kick out of the Hurley/Desmond interaction! LOL!
    That was too good. LOL

By the way, anyone catch the text on the stick that Locke picked up in his delusion? It flashed too quickly for me to read anything on there.
    Courtesy of thetailsection.com, on the stick it read: “Lift up your eyes and look north…" Some added note from that website: "The quote could have significance in where to look for Eko, but it should also be pointed out that this quote is from a passage where God is promising the land to Abraham to populate."(http://www.thetailsection.com/lost_r..._reca.php#more)

My opinion on this is that Mr. Ecko knows where to find The Others and the castways. They are located on the northside of the island. Maybe he envisioned their where abouts?

Oh, almost forgot... Remember during Locke's delusion we saw Ben/Henry as a securiy screener? Now the question is was that real or since it was part of Lockes delusion was it fake?
    I thought that this scene rocked! I think his delusion, or vision, was real. Everyone he saw in the airport was doing something similar on the island. For example, Jack, Kate and Sawyer were all being screened by Ben. This was in reference to Ben holding them for whatever reason. I find this part very interesting because he didn't know the fate of those three until Hurley came back to tell him. That is some drug!

Overall this was an awesome episode. Locke is back to where he was in Season one. A true bad-ass.

Thanks

Well, this past episode of Lost took a bit of an unexpected turn with Eko's death. Though, the way he died with the black smoke killing him was a very odd way to have him go. We still have no idea what the black smoke is!

Also, recall that we were discussing with the supposed healing powers of the island. If the island has such powers why does Ben have a tumor on his back (assuming that Jack is correct and The Others are not playing him)?

Speaking of the Ben/tumor thing, we are now left wondering if there is indeed a "civil war" between The Others and if so which side is the "good side", or whether this is just another Other trick of some sort. Though I am keeping in mind Sawyer's assessment of Juliet…

More wheels within wheels…

Thanks

I’ll honestly say, I’m not entirely sure what to make of this most recent Lost episode as the writers (in my opinion) didn’t give us a whole lot to work with.

We saw that Kate was involved with Miami-Dade cop Captain Mal ( ). We saw that Kate is now getting involved with Sawyer. We saw Alex warn Kate that The Others are going to kill “her boyfriend” like they killed hers. And we saw that Jack appears to for now hold the ace card with Ben’s life in his hands.

One part I was mad at was when Jack comes across the weapons and of those he picks the Lugar (interesting as this was “Zeke’s” choice in weapon when capturing Kate last season) instead of one of the AKs. I mean seriously…

So, if anyone has any idea what we were supposed to take from this episode, let me know! LOL! Oh well... I guess we won't find out for 13 weeks, if ever!

Thanks

So, anyone else watch the premier of the second half of season 3 this past Wednesday?

Thanks

Yeah, I did. So apparently Ben can somehow control if people are allowed to leave the island or something!?

Thread Information