Thread: First American in 54 years to be charged with TREASON!

Thanks

Default First American in 54 years to be charged with TREASON!

Wed, 11 October 2006 / 1222

by Rick Donaldson
    TREASON! Adam Gadahn to be CHARGED!

Filed under: US Military, TransAsian Axis, Terrorism

This slimy pig is about to be charged with TREASON. Those of you who wrote letters to Congress, THANK YOU. Those of you who’ve made phone calls, called the White House. THANK YOU.

Excellent work. It’s about time our government got off their asses and looked at these slime balls helping to kill our soldiers, airmen, sailors and marines get what’s coming to them. Though he is still "at-large" I KNEW his time was coming. I would expect our Marines and other military to look actively for this bag of dirt and capture him alive, bring him back home and make an example of him. After a fair trial, I’d like to see his execution live on television. I know that world isn’t ready for that, but… hell, it’s time.

See LATIMES for an article on this TERRORIST.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: First American in 54 years to be charged with TREASON!

Yes!!!
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

I've got issues with this. Not because I don't think Adam "Gadfly" Gadahn hasn't committed treason. He deserves to be shot or hanged, or shot then hanged or hanged while getting shot during the act of a hanging.

The issue I have with this is that it is unlikely that we'll ever exert the effort needed to catch this guy and what that means to the left.

To the left, it's not about treason, after all, they aid and comfort our enemies on a fairly regular basis, witness how Zawahiri recites Dem talking points. The reality is the left really doesn't care one way or another about gadfly except in how they can use him.

At some point during a slow news day in the not so distant future, some doe-eyed reporter will ask a straight faced question of Tony Snow. "Mr. Snow, 11 months ago Adam Gadahn was indicted on treason, are you any closer to capturing him now than you were then(then the commentary starts) or any of the other Senior Alqeada leadership?"

In other words, the left will just use this indictment as a club to beat up the GOP in general and Bush in particular. So this begs the question, why do you give a club to your enemy?

Thanks

I have no issues with hunting him down and killing him

None at all. He's a traitor. He has probably HELPED to Kill americans. Kill him back
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Throwing my two cents in; this guy deserves the the death penalty in the worst way possible. I hope to God they find this a-hole and make a good example of what would happen to anyone else planning against the U.S.
    Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket???

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is the press coverage.

Thanks

Treason now and treason then
    GORDON DILLOW

Register columnist
    GLDillow@aol.com

It's strange how we as a nation treat people who appear to commit treason.

When it's someone like former Orange County resident-turned-al-Qaida spokesman Adam Gadahn, we charge him with a crime.

But when it's someone like Jane Fonda, we let her be a movie star.

As you know, last week a federal grand jury indicted Gadahn, 28, a U.S. citizen, for allegedly committing treason – specifically for speaking on behalf of the terrorist group al-Qaida in a series of widely distributed videos. In the videos Gadahn, aka "Azzam the American," said in English that "the streets of America shall run red with blood," and urged U.S. troops to desert their ranks and "join the winning side."

"(As reflected in the indictment) he betrayed his country and aided the enemy in a critical time in history," Santa Ana-based Assistant U.S. Attorney Deirdre Eliot, who is prosecuting the case, told me. "When an American citizen appears in propaganda videos (for al-Qaida) there are serious consequences."

That's for sure. Gadahn is believed to be in Pakistan, but if he's ever caught he could receive a death sentence – although it would save everybody a lot of time and trouble if instead he was simply shot while trying to escape.

And although the crime of treason is legally difficult to prove – only a handful of Americans have ever been convicted of it – there are precedents for the Gadahn case. The last Americans convicted of treason, just after World War II, included a female radio broadcaster known as "Tokyo Rose" – although she was later pardoned – and a woman named Mildred Gillars, aka "Axis Sally," a U.S. citizen who made propaganda radio broadcasts for the Germans during the war and who was later sent to prison.

So there's obviously legal precedent for charges of treason against U.S. citizens who broadcast propaganda on an enemy's behalf. And it certainly seems to me that in making those videos, Gadahn gave treasonous "aid and comfort" to our enemies.

But I have to wonder. Didn't Jane Fonda do essentially the same thing when she went to Hanoi in 1972?

I asked a couple of U.S. Department of Justice officials if there were any similarities between Gadahn and Fonda, but they couldn't say. Both are in their early 40s, so they were too young back then to remember much about it.

But there are millions of other Americans who do remember, especially many of those who served in Vietnam – which explains why, even decades later, you can still see pictures of Jane Fonda in the men's room urinals in VFW and American Legion halls.

In the summer of 1972, Fonda, who at age 34 was already an Academy Award-winning actress and noted anti-war activist, made a visit to North Vietnam – this while U.S. troops were still fighting and dying in the war. During the visit she was famously photographed sitting on a North Vietnamese anti-aircraft gun, and she also made a series of radio broadcasts from Hanoi in which she called American troops "war criminals" and urged them to stop fighting.

(Despite a persistent Internet myth, Fonda did not hand over to the North Vietnamese a secret note from an American prisoner of war. Although she did other despicable things – for example, she later said POWs who reported they were tortured were "hypocrites and liars" – she didn't do that.)

And what happened to Fonda? Was she charged with treason, or any other crime?

No. On the contrary, Fonda went on to star in numerous other films, won another Academy Award, made a hugely successful line of workout videos, was honored in a 1999 Barbara Walters TV special as one of the "100 Women of the Century" and still makes movies and writes books – although I'll never watch or read any of them.

Yes, I know, in recent years Fonda has made some lame half-apologies for what she did in Hanoi. But except for being widely reviled as "Hanoi Jane" – which hasn't seemed to hurt her career in the least – Fonda, unlike Adam Gadahn, has never been truly held to account for her actions.

And somehow that doesn't seem quite fair.

Now, I'm not suggesting that Gadahn be given a pass just because Jane Fonda got one – as did a lot of other Americans who went to Hanoi, including Tom Hayden, Fonda's one-time husband and a former California assemblyman and state senator. Prosecutors are completely justified in going after Gadahn for treason.

And I also understand that there's a big difference between treason and simply protesting against a war. Although I don't agree with Americans who publicly protested against the war in Vietnam, or the war in Iraq, I don't call them traitors.

But it seems to me that by making anti-American propaganda broadcasts at the enemy's side during wartime, both Gadahn and Jane Fonda crossed the line between protest and treason.

So I'm glad that a twisted little nobody like Adam Gadahn is being held accountable for his treasonous actions in 2006.

But I wish the same standard had been applied to a famous movie star in 1972.

www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/homepage/article_1313537.php

Thanks

Apparently Gordon Dillow is a DooDoo. No, we American DO NOT treat Jane Fonda as a celebrity, which is why she won't visit me any time soon, or any other of the millions of Americans who served during the Vietnam Era.

I don't like her, and I don't like her a LOT. She's a loud-mouthed, left-leaning tart, who not only sympathized with Vietnamese murderers but caused the beatings of several men who were being held in concentration camps in North Vietnam.

She's a traitor to the core. I can honestly say I've not watched ONE of her movies since she pulled that crap back in 1972 .

JANE FONDA's RADIO HANOI BROADCAST

Hotel Especen; Hanoi-Vietnam :: 7 APR 95, 1911 hours:

The following public domain information is a transcript from the US Congress House Committee on Internal Security, Travel to Hostile Areas, HR 16742, 19-25 September, 1972, page 7671.

[Radio Hanoi attributes talk on DRV visit to Jane Fonda; from Hanoi in English to American servicemen involved in the Indochina War, 1 PM GMT, 22 August 1972

Text: Here's Jane Fonda telling her impressions at the end of her visit to the Democratic Republic of Vietnam;
    (follows recorded female voice with American accent);]

This is Jane Fonda. During my two week visit in the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, I've had the opportunity to visit a great many places and speak to a large number of people from all walks of life--workers, peasants, students, artists and dancers, historians, journalists, film actresses, soldiers, militia girls, members of the women's union, writers.

I visited the (Dam Xuac) agricultural coop, where the silk worms are also raised and thread is made. I visited a textile factory, a kindergarten in Hanoi. The beautiful Temple of Literature was where I saw traditional dances and heard songs of resistance. I also saw unforgettable ballet about the guerrillas training bees in the south to attack enemy soldiers. The bees were danced by women, and they did their job well.

In the shadow of the Temple of Literature I saw Vietnamese actors and actresses perform the second act of Arthur Miller's play All My Sons, and this was very moving to me--the fact that artists here are translating and performing American plays while US imperialists are bombing their country.

I cherish the memory of the blushing militia girls on the roof of their factory, encouraging one of their sisters as she sang a song praising the blue sky of Vietnam--these women, who are so gentle and poetic, whose voices are so beautiful, but who, when American planes are bombing their city, become such good fighters.

I cherish the way a farmer evacuated from Hanoi, without hesitation, offered me, an American, their best individual bomb shelter while US bombs fell near by. The daughter and I, in fact, shared the shelter wrapped in each others arms, cheek against cheek. It was on the road back from Nam Dinh, where I had witnessed the systematic destruction of civilian targets-schools, hospitals, pagodas, the factories, houses, and the dike system.

As I left the United States two weeks ago, Nixon was again telling the American people that he was winding down the war, but in the rubble-strewn streets of Nam Dinh, his words echoed with sinister (words indistinct) of a true killer. And like the young Vietnamese woman I held in my arms clinging to me tightly--and I pressed my cheek against hers--I thought, this is a war against Vietnam perhaps, but the tragedy is America's.

One thing that I have learned beyond a shadow of a doubt since I've been in this country is that Nixon will never be able to break the spirit of these people; he'll never be able to turn Vietnam, north and south, into a neo-colony of the United States by bombing, by invading, by attacking in any way. One has only to go into the countryside and listen to the peasants describe the lives they led before the revolution to understand why every bomb that is dropped only strengthens their determination to resist.

I've spoken to many peasants who talked about the days when their parents had to sell themselves to landlords as virtually slaves, when there were very few schools and much illiteracy, inadequate medical care, when they were not masters of their own lives.

But now, despite the bombs, despite the crimes being created--being committed against them by Richard Nixon, these people own their own land, build their own schools--the children learning, literacy--illiteracy is being wiped out, there is no more prostitution as there was during the time when this was a French colony. In other words, the people have taken power into their own hands, and they are controlling their own lives.

And after 4,000 years of struggling against nature and foreign invaders--and the last 25 years, prior to the revolution, of struggling against French colonialism--I don't think that the people of Vietnam are about to compromise in any way, shape or form about the freedom and independence of their country, and I think Richard Nixon would do well to read Vietnamese history, particularly their poetry, and particularly the poetry written by Ho Chi Minh.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

http://www.3rdmarines.net/Vietnam_ja...in_vietnam.htm

So that we can remember traitors in our midst.

Last edited by American Patriot; October 21st, 2006 at 18:35. Reason: Added links
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Rick, your post up a few that quotes Fonda really makes me ill. I've loathed her treasonous ass for years, and my step-father who lost multiple bunker-mates and took shrapnel at Khe-Sahn in 68, has taken Fonda hating to an appropriate level. Anytime anything about her arrives on his TV, he changes the channel. She really needs to die. She actively supported commies that cleansed millions of people.

Eternity will not be kind to Jane Fonda. it's not quite as satisfying if the story ends and Jane Fonda is just floating out there.

Thread Information