Thread: Hello

Thanks

Default Hello

If I have interpreted the rules correctly one is exspected to post every so often, if this is not the case please feel free to hit the old delete button on this post.

I am not one to rant or rave and I am not sure this is the correct forum to post this. Perhaps it would seem petty, but my personal complaint with North Korea deals more with my Dad. Pop passed away two years ago of lung cancer. He was a Bronze Medal winner and was awarded the Purple Heart while serving with the 5RCT in the Korean War. My last conversation with him had to do with North Korea. He knew the end was near and was upset with the fact that he had killed men in the war. I tried to give him comfort by reminding him that that is the reality of war, I hope it helped. He passed the next day.

I couldn't find the appropriate place on the Anomalies forum to vent, hope you folks don't mind.

I like the layout of this place and believe it or not value some of the opinions of some of you.

Super Moderator and PHILanthropist Extraordinaire Phil Fiord's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Hello

Hi Luke,
    Sorry to hear about your dad and his passing. You are right though. It is the reality of war.

Today I saw your post on AN about a site for real news and replied. Glad you found TAA and yes, you are probably in the right place for such topics. On AN it would be Land of the Free, but here the real world events are more topical.

Thanks

You did good, Luke, and that is what anyone should have said to their father, whether they agreed or disagreed with war in general.

My father is a Korean War vet... he had two purple hearts and a silver or bronze star (I dont remember right now which, I saw them sooooo long ago now). I can tell you that I have a very strong respect for ANYONE who has been in combat, and your father would be no exception.

Anyway, you're fine, no ranting that I see

Welcome to the site
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Hi Luke, and welcome.

I'd say you're a great son regarding the way you helped your father. I'm certain your words were a great comfort to him.

Along with my condolences, I'd like to offer my appreciation for the sacrifices your father made for this nation.

My father also is a Korean War Vet - and he will not talk about his experiences. After all these years, I've accepted his wishes.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Welcome aboard Luke!

Sounds to me like you did fine. In my previous line of work, there was always the chance that I may have to draw my sidearm and take a person's life to defend my own. I never had to draw, but I think I managed to put it in perspective that if it comes down to "him or me" it is going to be me.

The same truism applies to warfare in my opinion. It is either "him or you" that is going home at the end of the day.

Banned
    Thanks

Greeting's and welcome to the TAA Forum Luke.

My sincerest condolences on your beloved father's passing.

And his wartime experiences are probably no different than any other red-blooded American soldier - to the vast majority of whom the sanctity of life is always a pre-eminent consideration. We Americans do not go into war easily, yet once engaged - lookout!

Again, welcome, we're all glad you are among us.

Thread Information