Thread: Drug funds

Thanks

Default Drug funds

For anyone still questioning if drug money really does help fund terrorists...

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...1-MostViewed-3

Troops battle 10-foot marijuana plants

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian troops fighting Taliban militants in Afghanistan have stumbled across an unexpected and potent enemy -- almost impenetrable forests of 10-feet-high marijuana plants.
    General Rick Hillier, chief of the Canadian defense staff, said on Thursday that Taliban fighters were using the forests as cover. In response, the crew of at least one armored car had camouflaged their vehicle with marijuana.
    "The challenge is that marijuana plants absorb energy, heat very readily. It's very difficult to penetrate with thermal devices ... and as a result you really have to be careful that the Taliban don't dodge in and out of those marijuana forests," he said in a speech in Ottawa.
    "We tried burning them with white phosphorous -- it didn't work. We tried burning them with diesel -- it didn't work. The plants are so full of water right now ... that we simply couldn't burn them," he said.

Even successful incineration had its drawbacks.
    "A couple of brown plants on the edges of some of those (forests) did catch on fire. But a section of soldiers that was downwind from that had some ill effects and decided that was probably not the right course of action," Hillier said dryly.
    One soldier told him later: "Sir, three years ago before I joined the army, I never thought I'd say 'That damn marijuana'."

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.
    Last edited by Neue Regel; October 13th, 2006 at 18:06.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Drug funds

Thanks

Default Re: Drug funds

When are we in the USA going to get smart and legalize marijuana...Grow it, ensure it's quality and strength, TAX it and control it's sale like we do liquor?

I don't use any illegal drugs...but yeah, as a "kid" I tried pot (never inhaled it though...bwahahaha). If they ever legalized it I probably would try it again...but as long as it's illegal? Nope. I know where some of the profits go...and now...some of the profits DO go to our enemies.

This may be slightly but I DO want legal medical marijuana for those who truly need it. I've seen more than my share of patients with all kinds of ailments and ya know what?...If medical marijuana can ease their pain and suffering.....help them keep their food down after cancer treatments.....ease their problems with glaucoma?....Then GOD BLESS THEM! Let them have all that they need.

Is there anyone here that is against medical marijuana who would trade places with any of those people? Not me, Jack. I think the reason for the stonewalling against medical marijuana is the Pharmaceutical Industry.

The drug industry can't patent medical marijuana because it grows naturally in nature.....but wait until that industry comes out with some sort of synthetic THC pill that they can patent and sell and make billions of dollars from and THEN you'll see how fast the law changes.
    Meanwhile.....sick people suffer....good cops die in a phony "war against drugs" and criminals get rich...and now...our enemies profit.

Wonderful.

RYAN...I had to laugh at the "Roundup" pic. I remember back in the 70's...the Paraquat spraying of the marijuana fields. It didn't work then and it won't work now. There's just too much $$MONEY$$ being made. Too many people are getting envelopes of cash slipped to them.

It's a GORGEOUS day here in southwest Florida, pal. Wedgewood blue sky and not a cloud anywhere. 83 degrees and low humidity. What a geat afternoon it would be to have some friends over...listen to some tunes...go for a swim, bbq some hot dogs and fire up a bowl. But alas....we'll do it without the weed. Maybe a couple of Samuel Smith's Ale's instead.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thread Information