Thread: Ted Kennedy's Ties to the KGB

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Ted Kennedy's Ties to the KGB

Ted Kennedy's Ties to the KGB
    Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., has become John Kerry's attack dog.

It is clear that John Edwards won't be as mean-spirited in his attacks on George Bush.

As NewsMax has detailed in Richard Poe's exhaustive investigation of Kennedy, it was Kennedy's machine that groomed Kerry for the White House.

Teddy has a lot to lose if Kerry sinks.

Teddy also will have unprecedented power in a Kerry White House. Clearly, a serious examination of Uncle Ted's views needs to be conducted before Election Day.

NewsMax was deeply disturbed by an article written last December by Herbert Romerstein for Human Events, the conservative weekly.

Romerstein, a former House intelligence committee staffer and a researcher of Soviet archives, uncovered numerous documents suggesting that Ted Kennedy was a "collaborationist" with the Soviets during our Cold War. Romerstein also co-authored, along with Eric Breindel, the highly praised "Verona Secrets, Exposing Soviet Espionage and America's Traitors."

According to Romerstein, a review of Soviet Communist Party archives offers an unflattering view of Kennedy. Some of the documents that have come to light since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 include claims that:

Sometime in 1978, Kennedy requested the KGB's assistance to set up a relationship between the Soviets and a firm owned by former Sen. John Tunney, D-Calif. Again, on March 5, 1980, Tunney, acting as Kennedy's liaison, met with KGB agents in Moscow. During that meeting, Tunney articulated Kennedy's position that "nonsense about ‘the Soviet military threat' and Soviet ambitions for military expansion in the Persian Gulf ... was being fueled by [President Jimmy] Carter, [National Security Advisor Zbigniew] Brzezinski, the Pentagon and the military industrial complex." Kennedy, according to the documents, offered to speak out against President Carter on Afghanistan.

Romerstein notes that soon after the meeting, several public speeches subsequently were made by Kennedy criticizing Carter on his handling of Afghanistan.

This particular document was found in KGB archives by a KGB officer named Vasiliy Mitrokhin, who copied the records and defected to the West.

Other reports regarding Kennedy's affiliation with the Communists also were divulged.

According to information provided by the KGB, Kennedy told Tunney to carry a message to the general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party, Yuri Andropov.

Kennedy conveyed his concern over the anti-Soviet activities of then-President Ronald Reagan.

The KGB report said: "in Kennedy's opinion the opposition to Reagan remains weak. Speeches of the President's opponents are not well-coordinated and not effective enough, and Reagan has the chance to use successful counterpropaganda."

To appease the Soviets, Kennedy requested a meeting with Andropov for the purpose of "arming himself with the Soviet leader's explanations of arms control policy so he can use them later for more convincing speeches in the U.S."

Kennedy suggested that he could provide a venue to bring Soviet views to the major networks and into American living rooms by inviting ABC television network chairman of the board Elton Rule, Walter Cronkite or Barbara Walters to Moscow.

A second report reflecting Kennedy's exchanges with the KGB about his desire to become president was found in the Soviet annals by Tim Sebastian, a reporter for the London Times, who published the report in the newspaper in February 1992.

Romerstein notes that Kennedy played a key role in the 1970s in placing restrictions on the FBI and CIA in their surveillance capabilities.

One wonders what the motivation for such actions may have been.

With a President Kerry, will Ted Kennedy again be calling the shots at the CIA and FBI? Can America take that risk?

Thanks

Default Re: Ted Kennedy's Ties to the KGB

I saw this the other day.

Despicable commie. Reminds me of a photoshop I did the other day.

Banned
    Thanks

I thought I'd posted this earlier in the week, now I can't find it.

Okay, I'll post it here as well.

Kerry, Kennedy and Rockefeller:Advisors to our Enemies

We know that Senator Kerry while still a reserve officer, negotiated with the enemy during the Viet Nam War and that Senator Rockefeller traveled to Syria before the war in Iraq to tip off our enemies about our battle plans. Now we know that Senator Kennedy offered help to the Soviets. Quote:
    In his book, which came out this week, Kengor focuses on a KGB letter written at the height of the Cold War that shows that Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) offered to assist Soviet leaders in formulating a public relations strategy to counter President Reagan’s foreign policy and to complicate his re-election efforts.
    The letter, dated May 14, 1983, was sent from the head of the KGB to Yuri Andropov, who was then General Secretary of the Soviet Union’s Communist Party.
    In his letter, KGB head Viktor Chebrikov offered Andropov his interpretation of Kennedy’s offer. Former U.S. Sen. John Tunney (D-Calif.) had traveled to Moscow on behalf of Kennedy to seek out a partnership with Andropov and other Soviet officials, Kengor claims in his book.
    At one point after President Reagan left office, Tunney acknowledged that he had played the role of intermediary, not only for Kennedy but for other U.S. senators, Kengor said. Moreover, Tunney told the London Times that he had made 15 separate trips to Moscow.
    The revelation adds new meaning to the term opposition party.

Clarice Feldman 10 20 06

Thanks

Oh how I long for another HUAC.

Thanks

I really REALLY despise this guy.

In my opinion he's guilty of treason and is a traitor.

HE is what is wrong with America.

This drunken, bloated, killer hopes people will forget about Chappaquidick and Mary Jo Kopechne. NOT ME...NEVER!

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

Thought I'd resurrect this thread with some newly released information about Ted Kennedy's love for hard core leftists.

Judicial Watch Obtains Previously Redacted Material from the FBI File of the Late Senator Ted Kennedy
    While in Santiago, Kennedy “made arrangements to ‘rent’ a brothel for an entire night”; Sought meetings with “communists and others who had left-wing views”

February 25, 2011

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained previously redacted material from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) file of the late Senator Edward “Ted” Kennedy, who died in August 2009 from brain cancer. Judicial Watch obtained the records pursuant to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit originally filed on June 9, 2010 (Judicial Watch v. FBI (Case No. 10-963)).

The documents include a December 28, 1961, FBI memo describing a tour of several Latin American countries taken by then-Assistant District Attorney of Suffolk County Kennedy. This document as it was originally made public was almost completely redacted. After an initial challenge by Judicial Watch, a version with fewer redactions was released. Judicial Watch continued to argue that the blackouts were baseless and, after six more months, the FBI relented. Among the statements previously withheld but now made available to Judicial Watch:

• “While Kennedy was in Santiago he made arrangements to ‘rent’ a brothel for an entire night. Kennedy allegedly invited one of the Embassy chauffeurs to participate in the night’s activities.”
    • “[I]n each country Kennedy insisted on interviewing ‘the angry young men’ of the country. He wanted to meet with communists and others who had left-wing views. …Ambassador Freeman, Bogota, said the first person whom Kennedy wanted to meet was Lauchlin Currie.” (The document subsequently identifies Currie as a person who “had been mentioned in Washington investigations of Soviet spy rings.”)
    • “[I]n Mexico Kennedy asked Ambassador Mann that certain left-wingers be invited to the Embassy residence where interviews could be held. Mann took the strong position that he would not invite such people and stated that if any such interviews were to be conducted, all arrangements should be made by Kennedy himself.”

(Judicial Watch, through separate litigation (Judicial Watch v. FBI (Case No. 10-1568)), also recently forced the FBI to begin the release of the FBI file of the late Ted Stevens, the long-time Republican Senator from Alaska.)

“The FBI’s reluctance to follow the law and release this material shows that it, too, is not above politics. Our tough fight with the Obama administration shows that it was not keen on letting the American people know that Ted Kennedy, one of Obama’s leftist politician heroes, liked to hang out with communists and prostitutes,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “We will continue to investigate why the FBI improperly chose to keep this information secret.”

Thread Information