Thread: Newark Airport Screeners Fail Security Test

Thanks

Default Newark Airport Screeners Fail Security Test

http://www.wnbc.com/news/10172819/detail.html

POSTED: 8:40 am EDT October 27, 2006
    UPDATED: 5:51 pm EDT October 27, 2006

NEWARK, N.J. -- Concealed bombs and guns slipped by screeners at Newark Liberty International Airport last week.

Federal security officials told The Star-Ledger of Newark the screeners failed 20 or 22 tests conducted by undercover agents.

They spoke on the condition of anonymity because it is against Transportation Security Administration policy to release covert-test results.

Officials told the newspaper the tests revealed significant failures to follow procedures while checking passengers and their baggage.

Screeners missed explosive devices hidden under bottles of water in carry-ons and taped beneath an agent's clothing.

Airport's security director Mark Hatfield Junior tells the newspaper training is the path to improved performance.

Jag

Thanks

Default Re: Newark Airport Screeners Fail Security Test

They MISSED 20 of 22?

I'll bet ya that 1 of the 2 tests that they passed was..."Take all legally blind 84 year old White women out of their wheelchairs and search them like they're being booked into Trenton State Prison".

...cause thats EXACTLY what happens to my Mom every time she flys from Newark to Florida to come see me.

I know, I know...they have a job to do...but for the love of Pete can't SOMEONE use a little discretion and common sense for once? Just because she has a one-way ticket doesn't make her Mohammed Atta!

I can tell you from my own experience.....profiling WORKS!

Homeland Security and the TSA might want to re-think their attitude on that. To hell with political correctness... and use your heads instead of the "we can't offend anyone" crap.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

Default Re: Newark Airport Screeners Fail Security Test

I just returned from a family vacation in Florida, and the difference in security at the 2 airports(ORL and MSP) really suprised me. I expected a more uniformed operation.

May God have mercy on our country.

Thread Information