Thread: NY Times Has No Shame

Thanks

Default NY Times Has No Shame

In most decent people's worlds...a sense of shame when you do something to be ashamed of is a good thing. The NY Times has absolutely NO sense of shame or decency. Today they've run an article, a photo essay, in full color on the burial of soldiers at Arlington National Cemetery.

The timing of the article (the day before election day) is what angers me.
    My heart was breaking for these families as I looked at the photos...and I knew that all these deaths meant to the NY Times was a chance to screw the Republicans.
    Nothing else.
    They used the deaths of these heros for cheap politics. Good honorable decent men died in the service of their country and all the NY Times sees are free political advertisements.

...and I know that because the NY Times has no sense of shame, this will mean nothing to them but...NY Times....SHAME ON YOU!

(the photo below is one of many in that article)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/30/us...&partner=MYWAY

A Most Violent Month, and Many Final Farewells

Burials at Arlington National Cemetery took on a grim regularity in October, when at least 103 American troops were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. In Iraq, the toll had reached 99 by Saturday, making October the deadliest month since January 2005.

Military officials attributed the high number of deaths to a spike in violence during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which began in late September and ended last week. They also pointed to a three-month campaign to win control of Baghdad from death squads that led to increased attacks on American troops.

But such explanations were little comfort to a 6-year-old girl weeping at the grave of her father, a mother clutching the flag from her son’s coffin, or a widow walking slowly through the rain behind her husband’s honor guard.

THOMAS J. LUECK

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Thanks

Default Re: NY Times Has No Shame

Ya know...on the way home from the Drs. office this morning I realized...wait a second...tomorrow isn't election day...it's next Tuesday!

Maybe I was confused because Fla's polls have been open for one week already....or maybe I've learned never to post when ya have a fever... but my comments about the NY Times stand as they are. This was purely an attempt on their part to affect the election.

...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: NY Times Has No Shame

Hiya Joey.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. SHAMELESS, DIGUSTING, PARTISAN POLITICS. To hell with the New York Times.

CNN does the same thing, or at least tried to do the same thing when Wolf Blitzed interviewed VP Cheney's wife last week. Being a strong woman with firm conservative principles and an anchor on the rock of truth -- she promptly pummeled his leftist arse up one side and down the other while the whole world watched.

It was a beautiful thing to behold.

Thread Information