Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saddam to Die in 2006?

Banned
    Thanks

Default Saddam to Die in 2006?

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/...82006211119156

Trial resumes as Iraqi PM hints at early Saddam execution

Baghdad: The genocide trial of Saddam Hussein resumed on Wednesday as Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said the execution of the deposed leader could happen before the end of this year.

On Sunday, Saddam was sentenced to hang for ordering the execution of 148 Shiites from the village of Dujail in the 1980s.

“We are waiting for the decision of the appeals court, and if it confirms the sentence, it will be the government’s responsibility to carry it out. We would like the whole world to respect Iraq’s judicial will,” said Maliki.

Meanwhile, Saddam and the six other defendants were in court on Wednesday for the trial along with defence attorney Badie Arief, who said defence documents related to the trial had been stolen from his office in the heavily-fortified Green Zone. “I demand the opening of an investigation with the American side because the area is guarded by the Americans who would shoot anybody who comes near,” he said.

Aref was the only defence attorney present in court, with the rest of the defence team boycotting the proceedings. The defendants’ interests are now being overseen by court-appointed attorneys.

Thanks

Default Re: Saddam to Die in 2006?

Just shoot the bastard already. He doesn't deserve to live one more day, imo.
    Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket???

The only difference between martyrdom and suicide is the press coverage.

Thanks

Americans caused a theft? NO!

lol
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

LOL indeed. If the Americans would shoot anybody who comes near, then how could those documents ever be stolen? Counselor Arief is a bit of a moron.

Just to be safe, however, we'd better check Sandy Burglar's pants and socks.

Thanks

Sandy BURGLER? LOL!!!!!!!!!
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

BREAKING NEWS:

The Iraqi Supreme Appeals Court has denied the appeal of the lawyers representing Saddam Hussein.

The Supreme Appeals Court has ruled:

1. Saddam Hussein is to be hanged according to Iraqi law.
    2. The execution will occur within 30 days at a secret time and place.

This means that Saddam will be executed no later than 25 January 2007, or as early as tomorrow.

Saddam's execution will be announced only after it has been accomplished.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; December 26th, 2006 at 23:14.

Thanks

Ba'ath threatens retaliation if Saddam executed

Dec. 27, 2006 19:44
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS
    CAIRO, Egypt

The imminent prospect of Saddam Hussein's execution divided Arabs Wednesday, with some opinion-makers predicting it would inflame the conflict in Iraq and others saying it would be a warning to other dictators.

Saddam's Ba'ath Party threatened to retaliate if the ousted Iraqi leader is executed; warning in a posting on its Web site that it would target US interests anywhere.

"The Ba'ath and the resistance (fighters) are determined to retaliate, with all means and everywhere, to harm America and its interests if it commits this crime," the statement said, referring to the execution.
    "The American Administration will be held responsible for any harm inflicted on the president because the United States is the decision-maker (in Iraq) and not the puppet Iraqi government," said the statement, which appeared on a Web site known to represent the Ba'ath and which is believed to be run from Yemen.

Jag

Banned
    Thanks

Good catch Jag.

The above threat has a direct relationship to the thread in the Terrorism forum about the OKC bombing.

Thanks

I really hope Saddam "reaches the end of his rope" before 2007. If he an Castro both go in 06 it gives me more points in the dead pool I play.

I can't help but think that things in the middle east will improve when Saddam reaches room temp. Iraq's people should be the executioners, no Americans should be involved, in my opinion. No matter who the executioner is the Ba'ath party will blame the US for Saddams' demise.
    "Still waitin on the Judgement Day"

Thanks

A spokesman for President Jalal Talabani acknowledged the legal argument that the execution could go ahead without ratification by the president, who has expressed opposition to the death penalty.
    "Some people believe there is no need for his approval," spokesman Hiwa Osman said. "We still have to hear from the court as to how the procedure can be carried out."
    An official from Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki's Dawa Party, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the media, said that "the government wants Saddam executed as soon as possible."
    Another official close to al-Maliki, who also refused to be quoted by name, said the execution would take place before the end of the 30-day period.
    Saddam will remain in a U.S. military prison near the airport, Camp Cropper, until the day of the execution, at which point he will be handed over to Iraqi authorities, the official said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061227/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thanks

Saddam will remain in a U.S. military prison near the airport, Camp Cropper, until the day of the execution, at which point he will be handed over to Iraqi authorities, the official said.
    Does this sentence bother anyone else? What safeguards will we have in place to be sure he reaches the gallows?
    Brian Baldwin

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil.... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in... And how many want out." - Tony Blair on America

It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

-Father Denis O'Brien of the United States Marine Corp.

Banned
    Thanks

I think it obvious the handover will be conducted clandestinely and with abundant deception to prevent any rescue attmpts by the Ba'athists. At a minimum, there will probably be members of the Coalition in attendance as witnesses to the execution.

Thanks

Does this sentence bother anyone else? What safeguards will we have in place to be sure he reaches the gallows?
    Maybe someone will assassinate him before he gets there? Then there can't be anyone crying about "retaliation" huh?
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

Actually, had one TF-121 Special Operator gone ahead and dropped his grenade down Saddam's spider hole this entire thread would never have existed, the trial would never have occured and there'd be no hanging in Saddam's future.

Additionally, had Saddam not resisted arrest, or had he tried to use the 9mm that was in his belt when he was pulled out of the spider hole, or had he not spit in the face of one TF-121 trooper and had the troopers not been ordered to end the subsequent lump-up they gave him -- same difference applies - none of the recent history would have occured.

Hindsight is always 20/20.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; December 28th, 2006 at 19:41.

Thanks

I bet as Sean said we hand him over clandestinely, he's summarily executed by firing squad, the event is filmed, and they wait 3-4-5 days to announce the execution.

Waiting to announce the event and making it "several days ago" may suck the wind out of some of the social backlash.

Filming it gives proof positive against Islamic conspiracy theorists who'll say Saddam is still alive, excaped, and working under cover.

Interesting how "Death Row" in Iraq is 30 days max. Nice little cost savings. Damn, we have guys on Death Row here in the US for 30 years. Cha-ching.

Banned
    Thanks

Word I have now is that Saddam has been or will be handed over for execution within the next 24-36 hours.

No firing squad... a hanging is the method of execution, and it will occur before Sunday 30 December, 2006 is complete Baghdad time.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; December 29th, 2006 at 02:36.

Thanks

Strange happening. Appears as though Sadaam will be "offed" ; hung, perhaps not from a tree, yet in the proverbial sense at least. A curse. One Jesus took to the ultimate, in the vicarious sense. Meanwhile. the Islam nation will be throwing rocks at Satan in their annual Mecca pilgrimage.

This may be an incidental remark, then again, perhaps monumental. I have a lot of big rocks, but I need gravel.

What profit the world (most will be smirking and rejoicing or just glad, curious and cathartically relieved it's done) ... to watch, view, remenice or meditate a man choked to death swinging from a limb?

Not that he doesn't deserve it. His sins merit worse, much worse. The slightest offense against a perfect benevolent Creator, Lord and Saviour merit the worst- HELL... which is difficult to imagine, but to be feared.

The devil, which instilled the values and beliefs which captured Sadaam's mind and pierced his soul and mind, heart to produce the slithering slime he became, can neither be hung, nor crucified.

One day, it (the devil) and human souls will burn forever in torture, nare disappear, nare cease to be, for this vile creature with eternal soul and will be justly tortured forever and ever and ever, never ending.

I do not claim to understand this mystery, nor do I refrain from rejoicing at it from time to time.

Of course, God could destroy the devil, and eliminate wickedness today, ... but he don't. The all-Powerful shall separate the wheat from the chaff. All in their orderly obedient place. ....and time.

Let us pray that sadaam meets His Maker, and is blessed with the mercy of Jesus Christ, who paid for his despicable crimes, ignorance and sins.

Personally, I have always opposed capital punishment on various grounds, logical, theological and prudent. The prudent part hardly counts since there is too little control and moral guidance from the top down, and many escapees render ravage to the unguarded flock. The logical is that moral governing bodies have duty and moral obligation to protect flock from wolves. Wolves, born as sheep tend to be more scarce if they realize the consequence of their folly. Prisoners justly sentenced to reparation- hard labor, no comforts (nor torture), basic food only... hard labor. That's real FEAR and PREVENTION.

That's better correction than a "martyr's dream." Death and death on cable, internet and local tv.

I can't explain the 5th commandment bit. It's rather clear, though some clouds of mystery remain.

Tell the truth. Would you rather see sadaam, writhing for breath for 30 seconds, or practically breathless, each day, really working hard, like a human machine, sad and sorrowful for his sins, even humbly preaching the gospel of Jesus as did St. Paul.

St. Paul deserved to be hung. What a shmuck. Coached the stoning of St. Steven. Stephen. Schmuckface- should have known better.

Courteous lot he received. Roman head cutting. Best read and selling co-author.

Hanging is wicked, a form of torture. Make the creature work until God decides how to reward or torture his human soul.... FOREVER.

conclusion- the prudent thing is to put him to hard labor rebuilding. I refuse to rejoice at his hanging, and beckon Jesus to shed His light on SH and the entire world.
    Last edited by samizdat; December 29th, 2006 at 06:27.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Osborne View Post
    Word I have now is that Saddam has been or will be handed over for execution within the next 24-36 hours.

No firing squad... a hanging is the method of execution, and it will occur before Sunday 30 December, 2006 is complete Baghdad time.
    If Saddam has not already been strung up on the gallows - he will be within the next hour and 45 minutes. My sources are outstanding and haved proven to be exactly correct.

The DHS/FBI has issued a national alert warning on reprisal terrorist acts by Baathists in the U.S. or against any and all U.S. intrests around the world.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; December 30th, 2006 at 01:16.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

News now saying he's been executed...

Banned
    Thanks

Yup... room temp, but it was earlier than media is reporting - they're behind the curve intentionally.

Only release of a vid will confirm that the execution has occured.

Thread Information