Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Liberal Tolerance and Compassion

Thanks

Default Re: Liberal Tolerance and Compassion

the wonkette blogger asks: “what’s he dreaming about? Nothing. He’s retarded.”
    Liberal Tolerance and Compassion my ass. There is no such thing, and the only retarded people are Liberals.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

MSNBC’s Ed Schultz Suspended For Laura Ingraham Insult
    May 26, 2011

Ed Schultz has been suspended from MSNBC for calling conservative talk show host Laura Ingraham a "right wing slut" on his syndicated radio show.

Schultz opened his primetime MSNBC show on Wednesday apologizing to Ingraham, MSNBC, his family and viewers.

"It doesn't matter that I was on radio ad-libbing," Schultz said of his comments the day before. "What I said was terribly vile."

Schultz met with MSNBC management earlier in the day on Wednesday, and said he offered to take himself off the air indefinitely and without pay. The network said the suspension would be one week.

"I have embarrassed my family," he added, before turning the show over to substitute host Thomas Roberts. "I have embarrassed this company. The only way I can prove my sincerity in all of this is if I never use those words again. You have my word I won't."

Schultz said that he tried--unsuccessfully--to reach Ingraham to apologize personally.

Network brass released this statement before Schultz went on the air: "MSNBC management met with Ed Schultz this afternoon and accepted his offer to take one week of unpaid leave for the remarks he made yesterday on his radio program. Ed will address these remarks on his show tonight, and immediately following begin his leave. Remarks of this nature are unacceptable and will not be tolerated."

The "Ed Show" host joined MSNBC in 2009, taking over the 10 p.m. slot after Keith Olbermann--no stranger to network suspensions--left the cable channel earlier this year, shuffling the primetime lineup.

You can watch Schultz's full, on-air apology here:

Thanks

By the way, from what I heard on talk radio yesterday, the clucking hens on The View were perfectly okay with what Sgt. Schultz did.

Thanks

Wait...? Another slur? You mean the tolerance and compassion gene doesn't exist?

This guy is a "Libtard" if you ask me.

LMAO
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Flag Vandalism Mars Memorial Day in Several States
    June 1, 2011

From Oregon to Minnesota to Ohio, vandals trampled on Old Glory over the Memorial Day weekend. In one Ohio town alone, approximately 25 American flags were found set ablaze on Monday.

At least one national veterans group called for those responsible for the "shocking and reprehensible" acts of vandalism to be quickly arrested and prosecuted.

Police in Wooster, Ohio, were going door-to-door early Tuesday in search of the people who torched roughly 25 flags and flagpoles along Saunders Drive and Morgan Street, Capt. John Quicci said.

"They were set on fire," Quicci told FoxNews.com, adding that an investigation is ongoing.

No suspects or motives had been identified, according to Quicci, who was unable to estimate damages to the 3-by-5-foot flags and the 10-foot metal poles placed outside of residents' homes by the annual Wooster Rotary Parade of Flags project.

The people who torched the flags face charges of criminal damaging and arson, Quicci said.

"We're treating this very seriously," he said.

In Minneapolis, a fire was set late last week to an American flag hanging outside a Marine veteran's home. The residence was spared and no injuries were reported, but the flag was destroyed.

Elizabeth Hawley said she found the ashes Thursday morning and called the act "very disturbing." She said her husband is keeping his feelings reserved, but she knows he's upset.

Hawley told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that she thinks the flag-burning was a random act of vandalism.

In Portland, Ore., Christian Ashby and his wife awoke Sunday to find their American flag torn down, covered in obscenities and burned outside their home, KPTV.com reported. Flying the flag has special meaning to his family, Ashby said.

"Well, we have some close relatives, especially my wife, who had a cousin who suffered from [post-traumatic stress disorder] and took his own life," Ashby told the website. "So, we have some very dedicated family to veterans of the United States services. So, it means a lot to us to fly the flag."

Ashby said a local man who served two tours in Vietnam loaned him another flag after posting news of the vandalism online.

Ryan Gallucci, a spokesman for AMVETS, a national organization representing 200,000 veterans, said he found the acts of vandalism "shocking and reprehensible," particularly on Memorial Day weekend.

"We absolutely condemn it," Gallucci told FoxNews.com. "Memorial Day is one of our country's most significant holidays and a chance to honor the men and women who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. For someone to desecrate the American flag on Memorial Day, it's unconscionable, it's unforgivable."

Gallucci called for quick closure to the ongoing investigations in at least three states.

"The people who are responsible for this need to be apprehended and held accountable for their actions," he said. "We shouldn't tolerate it, regardless of what the excuse is. We need to get to the bottom of it."

Thanks

What Happened To Deepak Chopra’s Peace And Love?
    June 20, 2011

On radio this morning Glenn exposed new incidences involving the left — well, being the left — but it seems as though after a brief hiatus, the radical rhetoric is back and better than ever.

Who are they attacking this time? Well, none other than every leftist’s favorite scapegoat, Sarah Palin.

Deepak Chopra, known to many as the guru of spirituality, peace, and love came out with an article entitled, “Sarah Palin, My President,” which has very little love and certainly no peace. Actually, the article seems to blatantly contradict all that Chopra allegedly stands for.

With “spa music” playing in the background, Glenn took to reading the Chopra piece on the air.

Chopra’s article includes some interesting observations, including “My President Palin would lead us through a national cleansing, like Chairman Mao’s Cultural Revolution. Nothing as violent, however, not at first.” According to Chopra, Palin’s cleansing would include letting children “scribble with crayons on the paintings in the Museum of Modern Art” because there is no “soccer mom who wants a Picasso refrigerator magnet.”

Better yet, Chopra believes that this fictitious President Palin will “close all the high-brow music schools” in favor of music that “gosh darn real Americans like: harmonica, the musical saw, and tapping your foot to the radio while driving a pickup. What more do we really need?”

Where is the peace and love in that exactly? This episode just seems to reconfirm Glenn’s fears that the left is coming out of hiding. “The masks are about to come off. They are all coming off. This is the moment,” Glenn said. “You are seeing the masks come off. You are seeing so clearly where people stand.”

Chopra traditionally preaches his love, peace, and tolerance attitude – not exactly evident in his Palin tirade.

GLENN: Oh, we’re just getting some more enlightenment from Deepak Chopra during the break.

PAT: Oh, man. He’s ‑‑ you know, the way he feels is ‑‑

GLENN: Spa music. Oh, yes. Tell me, Deepak.

PAT: He says, I know this sounds difficult, but ‑‑

GLENN: Yes.

PAT: Let us try to be tolerant of intolerance. It’s helpful but often difficult to remember that everyone is doing the best they can from their own level of consciousness.

GLENN: De, Deepak, that doesn’t really kind of jibe with what you wrote about Sarah Palin.

PAT: Let us resist the lure of dualities. This includes us versus them.

GLENN: Wait a minute. You said had a Sarah Palin would ‑‑

PAT: Good versus evil.

GLENN: Wait a minute. Hold on.

PAT: So we shouldn’t do an us versus them. Let’s create an atmosphere of peace around ourselves. Shall we?

GLENN: I don’t ‑‑

PAT: And then say things like ‑‑

GLENN: I don’t think that, you know, I’ve never met a soccer mom who wanted a Picasso refrigerator magnet.
    It is clear that the double standard is only getting worse, and it looks it is here to stay. “Because they’ve dropped the radical means for the radical ends,” Glenn said. “You must be aware of that and warn your friends who are awake.”

Thanks

They dropped pretenses when they elected Obama. Remember the people saying "Thank you Jesus for Barak"? And "I won't have to pay for gas, or my mortgage any more!" and finally, "If he isn't elected we kill all the whites".
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

More Than 50 American Flags Vandalized In Fayette County Pennsylvania
    June 27, 2011

Police in Fayette County are looking for whoever is responsible for vandalizing more than 50 American flags.

The flags line the streets of South Union Township for the city’s Fourth of July celebration. Over the past two weeks, they were found torn and left lying on the streets, police said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Pittsburgh police.

Police have added extra patrols in the area to watch for any further acts of vandalism. American Legion post 51 is considering offering a reward for information that leads to an arrest.

Thanks

‘Go Give Someone a Pedicure Chink’: Alec Baldwin Fans Attack Michelle Malkin Over Davis Execution
    September 22, 2011

Wednesday’s execution of convicted murderer Troy Davis sparked heated, passionate debate, though perhaps no protests reached the same level of vitriol as a Twitter exchange between actor Alec Baldwin and conservative commentator Michelle Malkin.

Baldwin live-tweeted a chronicle of events as they unfolded Wednesday, including the Supreme Court’s refusal to grant a last-minute stay of execution. Once it was announced that Davis was dead, shortly after 11 p.m., Baldwin turned his ire toward Malkin, who had also been following the developments:

It didn’t stop there. Over the next couple hours, Baldwin attacked former Vice President Dick Cheney, former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and the “blood-thirsty right wing trash”:

On her own Twitter page, Malkin began re-posting and responding to some of the hateful, racist slurs she began receiving from other online users, presumably at Baldwin’s behest:

It appears Malkin was the first one to engage Baldwin Wednesday night with the following tweet touching off the ensuing back-and-forth:

Regardless, the sheer level of maliciousness Malkin received in return is decidedly stunning.

Incidentally, Baldwin’s attacks on Malkin did not end Wednesday night. Thursday morning, he posted:

Thanks

Actor Orlando Jones Tweets: ‘If American Liberals Want Respect…Kill Sarah Palin’
    October 25, 2011

Just when attacks — whether they are serious statements or jokes — against Sarah Palin and her family seem like they’ve reached an unprecedented climax, someone always seems to up the ante. On October 22, actor Orlando Jones (MADtv) tweeted the following message:

While it took many people a few days to realize that this was posted to the Twitterverse, commentators and political spectators are just now delving into commentary on the matter.

As of this morning, Jones still hadn’t opted to delete the micro-message (then again, there are so many screen captures of it, doing so would be fruitless at this juncture). Instead, he’s been defending it.

On October 23, just one day after Jones sent the message, he apparently began responding to angry Tweeps who were less than content with his tweet (which he describes as “inane” and characterizes as a joke). Here are some of his responses:

While Jones is a comedian and typically tweets jokes out from his social media account, some see this one as going a bit too far over the line. Following the tragic shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, negative political rhetoric has been on the chopping block (or, at the least, there‘s been a fair share of rhetoric about the nation’s political discourse).

Thanks

Ronald Reagan Statue Vandalized in California
    November 6, 2011

A bronze statue of Ronald Reagan sustained damage Sunday morning after an apparent theft attempt.

A life-size statue of former President Ronald Reagan is tilting at an odd angle in California after someone apparently tried to make off with it.

The bronze statue was just dedicated last month in Newport Beach, Calif. It remains in the park, but is broken off its foundation and is tilting forward after someone attempted to pull it down, the Orange County Register reported.

Newport Beach Police received a call around 5:30 a.m. Sunday of a vandalism in progress, KTLA-TV reported.

A witness said a man wearing dark clothing tried to attach a chain to the base of the statue. The chain was connected to the back of his truck and he seemed to be trying to pull the statue down. He was unsuccessful and was seen fleeing into the surrounding neighborhood.

“Either someone really didn’t like Reagan or they tried to steal it so they can sell it for scrap metal,” said police Sgt. Kirk Jacoby told the Register.

Police are looking for suspects and officials have not released an estimate of how much repairs will cost. The statue was dedicated a month ago in honor of the 100th anniversary of the former president and California governor’s birth. It was commissioned for $60,000, money that was raised through donations.

Thanks

Saw this elsewhere and wanted to post it here...

YouTube: You got to see this, Getting yelled at for the diesel truck I drive

I think the guy should have pointed out the excessive carbon footprint that lady is leaving by apparently consuming far more food than she "needs".

Thanks

Soon the saying will be "Where is Ronald Reagan?" instead of "Who is John Galt?"
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Teen’s joking tweet on Topeka trip creates a capital fracas

By MARÁ ROSE WILLIAMS

The Kansas City Star

Emma Sullivan

• KCTV5 News | High school student's tweet lands her in hot water with Kansas governor

Emma Sullivan’s trip to Topeka with other high school students to learn about government taught her a few unexpected lessons:
    • Gov. Sam Brownback’s office monitors social media for postings containing the governor’s name.
    • Some folks exhibit little sense of humor or appreciation of free expression.
    • And sometimes a few “joking” words can land a student in the principal’s office, drafting a letter of apology.
    All that resulted from a tweet the Shawnee Mission East High School senior wrote Monday during Brownback’s greeting to young people who were brought in for a closer look at the political process.
    “Just made mean comments at gov. brownback and told him he sucked, in person #heblowsalot,” Sullivan thumbed from the back of the crowd.
    She actually made no such comments. “Joking around,” Sullivan says of the incident.
    Brownback’s director of communication wasn’t amused when the tweet was spotted during the routine daily monitoring of comments on Twitter and Facebook mentioning the governor’s name.
    “That wasn’t respectful,” responded Sherriene Jones-Sontag. “In order to really have a constructive dialogue, there has to be mutual respect.”
    Brownback’s brief speech to the students encouraged them to “be active in their government, community and public service,” Jones-Sontag says.
    The tweet was the only one brought to her attention that day, she says, and it was passed along to the Youth in Government program, which organized the students’ visit to the capital.
    “It was important for the organization to be aware of the comments their students were making.” Jones-Sontag says. “It’s also important for students to recognize the power of social media, how lasting it is. It is on the Internet.”
    Sullivan says things developed quickly: She landed in the principal’s office for a scolding that lasted nearly an hour. She says she was told the “not so nice” comments had embarrassed her school and the district and that “damage control” with the governor’s office was the next step.
    So Shawnee Mission East is forcing her to write an apology to the governor’s office, with the principal even giving her talking points to hit.
    East principal Karl R. Krawitz declined to comment on the matter Wednesday, calling it a disciplinary action: “It is a school issue, a private issue, not a public matter.”
    “I don’t regret sending the tweet,” says the unrepentant Sullivan. “It was harmless. It’s not like I was really fired up about anything he said.”
    The action out of the conservative governor’s office isn’t winning Brownback any new support from her or her friends.
    “We all are liberal, and we are opposed to a lot of his views,” she says. “I’m just an 18-year-old girl who knows what I believe, and I know what he believes, and we disagree. That is not going to change.”
    She’s not opposing the sending of the apology, however. No sense in encouraging the high school to staple something from the incident onto her transcripts, to be sent soon to the University of Arkansas, where she hopes to study psychology next year.
    The whole episode left Sullivan’s 19-year-old sister, Olivia Sullivan, who is a political science major at Wichita State University, flabbergasted.
    “I think it is embarrassing to the governor and to the administration of the school and the school district to waste time and taxpayer money on something so petty. And it’s discouraging to children when they are told they can’t speak their mind.”
    It was Emma Sullivan’s fourth year in Youth in Government, which allows high school students to come up with a mock bill and see it through the political process, including debating for or against the merits of it.
    This year, says Sullivan, what she learned was: “Twitter has more impact than I thought.”
    Which was Sontag-Jones’ point, too, wasn’t it?
    “But I’m sure the governor gets a lot of hate mail on Twitter and Facebook, so I don’t know why his office would pick on an 18-year-old high school girl just horsing around with her friends. I was shocked. I’m still shocked.”

To contact Mará Rose Williams, call 816-234-4410 or send e-mail to mdwilliams@kcstar.com.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

flippant bitches.

I don't like Obama, but I'm not going to make rude comments on the internet...

Oh, wait... never mind.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Lib Radio Host Bill Press Tells Tebow: ‘S-T-F-U’ (Shut the F**k Up) About Jesus
    December 16, 2011

Liberal radio pundit and former CNN host Bill Press has a message for Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow: “S-T-F-U” about Jesus.

The leftist commentator used this acronym (which stands for “shut the f**k up”) while speaking on his radio show this morning about his dislike for Tebow’s “in-your face” Christian faith.

“…And you know what I want to say, S.T.F.U. I’m tired of hearing Tim Tebow and all this Jesus Talk,” Press said. ”He better be praying hard this week, because he’s up against a real quarterback on Sunday — against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.”

As if this weren’t rough enough, Press continued, saying, “Everybody wants to make him a hero. I think he’s a disgrace. I think he’s an embarrassment.” Listen to his controversial assessment of Tebow, below:

YouTube: Libtalker / Former CNN Host Bill Press- 'S-T-F-U Tim Tebow!'

Of course, Press wasn’t done there. He later turned to his web site, where he posted even more commentary about his opposition to Tebow. “Jesus said a lot of strong things. But one of the strongest things he ever said was: When you pray, don’t be like those hypocrites who like to stand on a street corner and pray, so everybody can see them,” he wrote. “Somebody ought to tell that to Tim Tebow.” He continued:
    By dragging God into every football game, Tebow makes a mockery of Christianity – and trivializes religion. The truth is, God doesn’t care who wins an election, a bingo game, or a football game. Sorry, Tebow, Jesus is not a Broncos fan.

Now, if you’re one of the silly millions of Americans who loves Tebow’s in-your-face kind of Christianity, consider this. What if he were a devout Muslim, who bowed to Mecca after every touchdown and shouted “Allahu Akbar?”
    Ironically, Press wrote a 2010 book called “Toxic Talk: How the Radical Right Has Poisoned America’s Airwaves.” To some, Press’ disparaging comments about Tebow would amount to “poison.” Others, of course, would disagree. Either way, these are certainly coarse words waged against a young football player who has done little more than speak openly about his Christian beliefs.

This isn’t the first time Press has made controversial remarks (and it probably won’t be the last).

(H/T: Radio Equalizer)

Thanks

Thanks

Joy Behar Wants to See Romney's House Burn Down: 'Who's He Going to Call, the Mormon Fire Patrol?'
    June 12, 2012

Joy Behar, Al Gore's new employee at Current TV, said Tuesday in response to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's comments on the need for more police, teachers, and firefighters, "I’d like to see his house burn, one of his millions of houses burning down."

During an interview with the liberal website Mediaite, Behar added, "Who's he going to call, the Mormon fire patrol?" (video follows with transcript and commentary, relevant section begins at minute 6:30):

MEDIAITE:
    What would you ask Romney if you could?

JOY BEHAR:
    I would ask him plenty of questions about, is he planning to endorse the Ryan budget? And I think that would be a terrible mistake. I don’t want to see people on the streets begging for food, thank you. And why does he hate Planned Parenthood? You know, he didn’t used to hate Planned Parenthood. I want to ask him about all the flip-flopping he’s been doing. That’s why he doesn’t want to come on, because he’s afraid of the questions.

MEDIAITE:
    I saw that you used to be a school teacher. What did you think about what he said about “teachers, firemen, and police?”

BEHAR:
    What did he say? Tell me what he said.

MEDIAITE: He was making fun of the President for wanting to hire more policemen and firemen and teachers saying, you know, “Didn’t he get the message of Wisconsin that we want less government?”

BEHAR: Oh, less government? That is an idiotic statement. Can I just say that?

MEDIAITE: Yes.

BEHAR: I mean, I’d like to see his house burn, one of his millions of houses burning down. Who's he going to call, the Mormon fire patrol?

MEDIAITE: Is that a thing?

BEHAR:
    You know what I mean? Come on. What am I supposed to do if my apartment gets caught on fire? Am I gonna call Mitt Romney to come and put it out? See what I mean?

Obviously, this was a joke.

However, imagine for a moment a conservative commentator making such a remark about President Obama or any leading Democrat.

As Donald Trump said Monday evening regarding Bill Maher's attacks on Romney's religion, "End of that person's career."

By contrast, it seems quite doubtful Behar will suffer any consequences for saying even jokingly she'd like to see the Republican presidential candidate's house burn down.

You see, if you're a member of today's media, it's totally acceptable to say whatever you want about a conservative - especially if he or she is running for president or vice president. Then all decency restrictions are totally off.

Just ask Sarah Palin and her family.

*****Update: There was an error in the original transcript posted at Mediaite that I missed. After listening to the audio numerous times with headphones, it's become apparent that Behar didn't say, "It would be kind of cool - the Mormon fire patrol." Instead she said, "Who's he going to call, the Mormon fire patrol?" As such, headline, text, and transcript have been corrected.

Even so, this is still a disgraceful comment by a woman just given a new show at Current TV.
    If Ted Nugent gets a USSS visit, so should Joyless Behar.

Thanks

Children Singing ‘God Bless The USA’ Heckled By Man Screaming ‘Burn In Hell’
    June 19, 2012

Children singing “God Bless the USA” with a Republican congressman were heckled by protesters who said that those responsible for the event will “burn in hell.” Video of the event was first posted by Politicker.com.*

The event was held outside Public School 90 in Coney Island, N.Y., where school principal Greta Hawkins decided to axe Lee Greenwood’s hit from a kindergarten “moving up” ceremony while keeping Justin Bieber’s chart-topping “Baby.”

Some were offended by the principal’s decision, prompting Rep. Bob Turner, who is running for the U.S. Senate, to organize the event on Tuesday morning.

Shortly after the ceremony began, chaos ensued.

“You Republicans come go to a Republican area and do that, we don’t do that here,” one protester said. “This is ridiculous, this is sad. This is so crazy. This is sad.”

“Excuse me sir, can you let the kids sing please?” a man presumed to be a Turner staffer interjected.

The heckler immediately screamed “No!” and added “The kids don’t even know what they’re singing! They got something you tell them to say! It’s ridiculous! It’s sad, sad, sad. Y’all are going to burn in hell! You all burn in hell! Shame on you! Shame on you!”

After the kids finished singing, the children began to chant “USA! USA! USA!” to drown out the protesters, but the chanting failed to deter the hecklers.

Talk-show radio host Rush Limbaugh commented on the action this afternoon, saying, “A bunch of Democrat adults show up to heckle them. ‘You are all gonna burn in hell! Burn in hell!’ That was the reaction to kids singing ‘God Bless the USA.’ Why in the world would that make anybody mad? And the fact that it does tells us a whole lot.”

Politicker.com: Bob Turner's Patriotic Presser 6-18-12

Thanks

And they WILL burn in hell. Not the kids of course.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thread Information