Thread: the day after the day after

Banned
    Thanks

Default the day after the day after

Well I guess thats the advantage of having a web site of your own. You can lock a thread up when it aint going your way.

Aplomb wrote a beautiful letter after mine. You realy need to read it.
    Our founding fathers built this nation on the concept that all men were created equal. They did not get that idea from the Koran or Buddah or Hinduism. These men knew their God and we have greatly benefited from them. The revisionists have come along and distorted everything they have said. People no longer know who their God is. It is all too flakey. They believe in some kind of a God but they realy can't define him and there realy is no concrete book that they can refer too. Just sort of a concept that changes to fit their own whims

Why do the innocent suffer. It is because cultures refuse to listen to God's advice. The foolishnes of the people have caused the suffering of the innocent. Inspite of many warnings they go stubbornly on their way. Until one day they learn what the meaning of the fear of God is.
    I hope you do not wait till you crawl out of that hole you refer to and see with your own eyes what it will be like for those who refuse to fear their God.

You block me out but you will not forget what is said. We all are headed for a very difficult time and we must understand why it is happening. It is not just because one side is stronger then the other. God can raise a nation up and he can bring a nation down and he allways has a good reason for it.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: the day after the day after

Quote Originally Posted by frankrm View Post
    Well I guess thats the advantage of having a web site of your own. You can lock a thread up when it aint going your way.
    Careful frank... I almost decided to lock that thread of yours quite a bit before Rick chose to since it was getting so far off topic from what this specific "World At War" forum is intended for. I decided to leave it open because I knew Rick would make the call when he deemed necessary. So, I guess you could say he was certainly being more generous than I...

Now, please understand, there is no problem with discussion of religion at TAA but, it needs to be kept in the religion forum ONLY. The rest of the board is intended for discussion of hard intel/facts related either specifically to the threat from the TAA, threats from terrorism, or other similar geopolitical situations around the globe.

I understand that at times the topics discussed on here relating to the TAA can intertwine with theology but, the situation remains the same. Religious discussion in the "Religion" forum and hard intel/facts for the rest of the applicable forums. If you need any assistance in figuring out where to put something if it has religious tones, get in touch with Sean. He is tops at managing to keep such theological discussions where they belong yet also get hard info where it belongs.

We have had others leave the site because they don't understand this simple concept of specific forums for specific topics including religion. I always hate to see people leave when it is a situation most easily solved by everyone cooperating together. Remember, we're all supposed to be on the same side here!

Thanks

Frank, I read her letter. I've known Aplomb for over 30 years. I know a lot about the way she thinks and she knows a bit about the way I think.

Ryan said it... you started a thread about a movie then took it off topic.

Maybe you ought to remember what *I* said.

Ryan move this thread to Religion if that's what he wants to discuss. Otherwise, I'll lock
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post
    Ryan move this thread to Religion if that's what he wants to discuss. Otherwise, I'll lock
    I'm going to be courteous enough to leave this thread where it is presuming that the topic of discussion is indeed about the movie "The Day After" and not religion. If frank intends it to be about religion, he can politely request a staff member to move it to the "Religion" forum.

Thanks

Last night I picked up "The Day After Tomorrow" at the pawn shop for $3. Does anybody have any insight as to how accurate that movie is or would anybody care to share thoughts about possibilities. I'll watch it later on today.
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aplomb View Post
    Last night I picked up "The Day After Tomorrow" at the pawn shop for $3. Does anybody have any insight as to how accurate that movie is or would anybody care to share thoughts about possibilities. I'll watch it later on today.
    Pure bunk from a science standpoint. There are too many problems with the science to go into detail. There are a couple issues off the top of my head however.

The Gulf Stream Conveyor does bring heat to the north and western europe but it is not soley responsible for it. It's also self correcting, less heat, artic rivers don't flow as much and the salinity of the northern ocean goes up and the conveyor gets moving again. Also, it takes years for the mechanism to change, not weeks like depicted in the movie. It also is very difficult to determine exactly what is happening with it.

I'm not sure also where all that extra water came from that flooded out NYC. Even if the ross ice shelf were to suddenly fall into the ocean(it's half in, half out now, that's why it's called a shelf) it wouldn't cause that Tsunami like wave rolling into NYC. The reality is that if the Ross shelf started to move today, it would take years and years before it'd end up completely in the ocean.

Global supercell storms, complete fiction. I like how the helicopter guy froze in place. That's rich. Needless to say, storms need energy, they get energy from heat. Besides prevailing winds, there would be nothing driving the storms and if they're driven by the prevailing winds, they'd be regular storms, not these 500 mile across fantasy storms.

All that said, I like a good disaster flick and The Day After Tomorrow was fun. Just don't take any science lessons from it.

Thanks

Thanks Mal!
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Banned
    Thanks

Look. I just picked up the movie and watched it and what I wrote were my thoughts. I started the thread out not knowing where to put it. However I see as in other posts that it is allmost impossible to catagorize things so neatly. Religion runs the gamit of everything we are about. It is for the prophetic portion that you will allways see many people going to sites that deal with the larger geo political issues. Because those who study prophecy easily recognize that what is aligning and happening now has been forewarned to us a long time ago.

With that said many of us realize that Israel will stand alone because of many scriptural references. Russia will be the major antagonist and that the US must some how be neutralized. So the day after seems to be what we are headed for. The recent elimination of certain KGB infomers seems also to be an ominous sign.

Move the thread if you like. But if we start doing that then you are going to have to rerout many other threads that have this element in it. It is hard to make this sort of call sometimes but whoever's site this is its your call.

Thanks

The Day after Tomorrow is nonsense.

The Day After, which is a differnt movie was made with a LOT of scientific advisors. It is accurate as it can be given that we've no real data about nuclear war, save that from Hiroshima and Nagasaki
    Libertatem Prius!

Banned
    Thanks

frankrm,

I understand your point-of-view explicitly - I feel the same way as you do. I find it virtually impossible to look at any major geo-political event or other disaster, signs in the heavens, quake, plague, pestilence, war or rumor of war in this time of ours and not see some direct relationship to any number of Bible prophecies. Most people do not realize or comprehend it, but the Bible is about 80% pure prophecy- from Genesis to The Revelation. So, yes, I understand your "pain" perfectly, I know exactly where it is coming from.

If you want to discuss the Biblical eschatological or prophetic angle of these events then by all means please utilize the Religion forum, or my Current Events and Bibilcal Prophecy thread to bring up specific items you wish to cover. That forum is fairly active, and gets a lot of views. See ya there.

Moreover, nobody will utter a peep of protest if you post such things in that forum... it's why it exists in the first place.

You know how the saying goes... you can lead a horse to the water, but you cannot make him drink. He'll drink when he's thristy enough - and that will in all probability be after the Bride has been collected and taken away from this earth by the Groom.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; December 6th, 2006 at 01:07.

Thread Information