Thread: This is for all the idiots who say Sean and Rick dunno what they are talking about...

Thanks

Default This is for all the idiots who say Sean and Rick dunno what they are talking about...

CIA rejects intel request so State Dept. uses Google
    The Seattle Times ^ | 12/11/06 | Dafna Linzer

WASHINGTON — When the State Department recently asked the CIA for names of Iranians who could be sanctioned for their role in a clandestine nuclear-weapons program, the agency refused, citing a large workload and a desire to protect its sources and tradecraft.

Frustrated, the State Department assigned a junior foreign-service officer to find the names another way — by using Google.

Those with the most hits under search terms such as "Iran and nuclear," three officials said, became targets for international rebuke Friday when a sanctions resolution circulated at the United Nations.

(Excerpt) Read more at seattletimes.nwsource.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: This is for all the idiots who say Sean and Rick dunno what they are talking abou

wow, i will begin with that word because it is the most fitting. wow. the CIA refusing a client agency an intelligence product on a critical national security issue?! WTF is going on at langley?????? question number two, just what sources and methods does the agency have that are so worth protecting? i am betting it is just THE OPPOSITE. im betting the refusal came because of the primary reason being the Central Intelligence Agency has NO VIABLE sources with access to such material or intelligence. last year, MOIS wrapped up a huge net of agents run by CIA and pretty much destroyed the agency's network in Iran. as far as i know the CIA is still reeling from this disaster and MOIS reputedly wrapped up the whole network in Iran and CIA is starting from scratch.

Secondly, the state department is KNOWN FOR BEING THOROUGHLY PENETRATED by foreign hostile intelligence services, and the CIAs fears of having agents exposed and tradecraft methods blown by State is well-founded and not without precedent. IF the agency has managed to cobble together another network and is producing a good and valuable take, i doubt highly theyd want to turn anything over to state until it was well sanitized and thoroughly laundered. still, this is quite a stupid infight and yet another example of how broken our intelligence community is.

If the Agency wont bother to talk to, and probably cant in order to hide its failings, then just how bad off are we??? i think the answer is obvious and ominous.

eversman

Banned
    Thanks

Default Re: This is for all the idiots who say Sean and Rick dunno what they are talking about...

I concur.

Thread Information