Antiwar Group Gets Cash from CD Promoting Murder of Halliburton Executives
Monday, December 18, 2006 | Kristinn

United for Peace and Justice, the lead organizer for a mass march and rally against the Iraq war to be held in Washington, D.C. next month is promoting a music CD that features a song about murdering Halliburton executives.
Released in September, the CD by David Rovics, Halliburton Boardroom Massacre, is being sold online by Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Overstock among other online retailers.

United for Peace and Justice is being given a portion of the proceeds from the sale of the CD.

The title song on the CD is written from the perspective of (an anti-American leftist pretending to be) an American soldier home after war.
Excerpt:

...DU was in my blood and I was knocking on death’s door
I can’t tell you how it felt to be betrayed at every turn
Like the earth was spinning backwards, like my heart began to burn
Like I had to do something while I still had the strength to stand
While I still could run with a machine gun in my hand
I thought of Halliburton and the military brass
And the things they get away with all for their ruling class
But I’m not a pawn and I can’t just let it be
And if I’m gonna die, I’m gonna take some of them f***ers with me
I’ll spare you the details, I did what I had to do
There’s a boardroom blown to hell and soon I will be, too
You can say I lost it, you can say that I’m insane
But may no one ever say that my death was in vain
I joined the army when high school was through I didn’t know what else to do

Promotional materials at DavidRovics.com include downloadable posters that feature blurbs from Cindy Sheehan and Amy Goodman touting Rovics.
Sheehan is quoted saying, "David Rovics is the peace poet and troubador for our times."

Amy Goodman's quote is, "David Rovics is the musical version of Democracy Now!"

Sheehan has written about her desire to kill President Bush by going back in time and smothering him as an infant, so it's natural that she would endorse a fellow leftist's murderous diatribe.

United for Peace and Justice endorsed the killing of Iraqis and Americans in a statement issued by the World Tribunal on Iraq in June, 2005 that supported the insurgency in Iraq:

It is the occupation and its brutality that has provoked a strong armed resistance and certain acts of desperation. By the principles embodied in the UN Charter and in international law, the popular national resistance to the occupation is legitimate and justified. It deserves the support of people everywhere who care for justice and freedom.

United for Peace and Justice was created in 2002 as a project of Global Exchange, an outfit led by Marxist Castro groupie Medea Benjamin, in tandem with a sister organization Code Pink . Leslie Cagan, a communist relic from the Sixties, leads United for Peace and Justice. Code Pink's Gael Murphy is a leader of both Global Exchange founded groups.

The groups are leading a major rally and march on Saturday, January 27, 2007, in Washington, D.C. to call for the immediate withdrawal of U.S. and coalition forces from Iraq and Afghanistan.

A sticker on Halliburton Boardroom Massacre says"End All Wars! Support www.unitedforpeace.org"