Thread: The Gospel Of Judas

Repeatedly Redundant...Again
    Thanks

Default The Gospel Of Judas

Folks, they just proved (carbon dating) that this document is REAL! I just turned the tube on - I 'think' they said it was dated to 280 A.D., plus or minus...I didn't understand the rest.

I'm watching the last hour of the show on MSNBC.

Hopefully there's something online for later searching.

You might care to search the idiot box guide - maybe this will air again.

Fanfreakingtastic.

Thanks

Default Re: The Gospel Of Judas

Well, there seems to be a lot of info out there about this:

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,210,000 for the gospel of judas. (0.07 seconds)

Thanks

The gospel of Judas is a great discovery if you are interested in the beliefs of gnostics like I am. This is from Christianity Today: http://www.ctlibrary.com/ct/2006/apr.../114-43.0.html
    The Judas We Never Knew
    Disgraced disciple actually conspired with Jesus, according to newly released Gospel of Judas. Should we believe it?
    Collin Hansen

April 6, 2006

The Gospel of Judas debuted Thursday in Washington, D.C. What's the Gospel of Judas, you ask? Well, it's not a gospel. And it's not written by Judas. But it's still important, if not the most important nonbiblical text discovered during the last 60 years, as a National Geographic Society executive told The New York Times.

The text, a copy of the document written during the second century, reveals some big news. Turns out Judas wasn't the renegade disciple who betrayed Jesus and committed suicide after remorse overwhelmed him. No, this Judas was just doing what Jesus told him to do. Jesus explained to Judas that he would "exceed all of [the disciples]" by getting Jesus crucified.

Well, that sure would change things. If it were true. This "news" isn't what makes the Gospel of Judas significant. Rather, thanks to this text, we can further confirm what we already know about Gnostics—those pesky heretics condemned by early-church leaders like Irenaeus. Don't get confused by mentions of Jesus and Judas. This is no Christian text. The Gospel of Judas did not circulate until about 150 years after Jesus died. Let's put it this way: This new text tells us nothing more about Jesus' relationship with Judas than does Jesus Christ Superstar.

Until the release of the Gospel of Judas and other Gnostic texts discovered decades ago near Nag Hammadi in Egypt, we learned about Gnosticism mostly through the polemics of Christian apologists. Now thanks to the Gospel of Judas, we can further verify two major Gnostic teachings.

According to many Gnostic teachers, Jesus either did not actually appear in the flesh, or he at least wanted to shed his skin as soon as possible. Jesus longed to return to the spirit world. Judas helped make that ...
    You can't read the rest w/o a paid subscription.

Much more interesting to me are those things debated and decided and explained by the early Christian leaders like Irenaeus. Here's what he had to say:
    Others again declare that Cain derived his being from the Power above, and acknowledge that Esau, Korah, the Sodomites, and all such persons, are related to themselves. On this account, they add, they have been assailed by the Creator, yet no one of them has suffered injury. For Sophia was in the habit of carrying off that which belonged to her from them to herself. They declare that Judas the traitor was thoroughly acquainted with these things, and that he alone, knowing the truth as no others did, accomplished the mystery of the betrayal; by him all things, both earthly and heavenly, were thus thrown into confusion. They produce a fictitious history of this kind, which they style the Gospel of Judas.
    http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/gospeljudas.html
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Thanks

The "Gospel of Judas". It's all a crock.

Key phrases and words follow...

it's not a gospel
    it's not written by Judas
    nonbiblical text

which sum to a single five-letter word: trash.

Banned
    Thanks

The carbon dating makes Judas look like 280 years old plus.
    When will CNN and MSNBC stop their bogus discoveries that refute the bible?. Never, because truth to them is something they try hard to avoid, and some here I might add.

Thanks

OK, it seems this text is less important that I initially thought. I'm almost in agreement with you, Sean.

Further reading on my part will probably complete my transmogrification.

Thread Information