Thread: Democrats Declare Martial Law

Thanks

Default Democrats Declare Martial Law

Democrats Declare Martial Law
    Tom Delay's blog ^ | 1/05/07 | Tom Delay

Democrats Declare Martial Law Here's one major difference between the 1994 election and the one in 2006 and the aftermath from each. In 1994, Republicans told voters, before and after the election, precisely what they would do. Speaker Newt Gingrich did not promise fealty with Democrats nor did he promise to practice a political Golden Rule. Voters disgusted with Democrats had given Republicans a mandate, and they would ram through their "Contract with America." - Cal Thomas, “Promises, promises”, Thursday, January 4, 2007

Cal Thomas’ summation of the Republican rise to power in the House back in 1994 is an accurate one – we were honest in our intention, uncompromising in our agenda and true to our principles. We felt no need to Trojan Horse our plans from the American people or our Democrat opponents. Indeed, unlike the Ancient Greeks, we planned to storm the city head-on, armed with the strength of our ideas.

Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats however, had a different approach. As was referenced by one of our earlier posts in a quote from Pelosi herself,

Democrats pledge to conduct our work with civility and bipartisanship, and to act in partnership - not partisanship - with the president and Republicans in Congress.

But let’s leave this point for later.

Once we assumed power we made every effort to follow House procedure and allow for open debate. My critics reading this may think differently, and even use the Medicare vote as an example, so let’s go ahead and compare. With the Medicare vote being open for 3 hours, members had every opportunity to cast a vote and allow for proper representation of their constituents and their ideological interests. No one, Republican or Democrat, was denied the opportunity to debate or properly represent their constituents. If their biggest gripe is that we left the vote open for too long so we could further deliberate and negotiate, then we were doing our job. The U.S. House of Representatives is a representative body, and every caution, even if it’s ceding punctuality, must be taken to ensure that it stays that way.

Nancy Pelosi and her fellow Democrats, however, are busy betraying this fundamental truth during their ‘First 100 hours’ by using House Rules in order to disallow Republicans from entering the debate or offering any amendments on the pile of liberal bills they are attempting to railroad through. Consider this – the Democrats are passing rules on bills that have not even been introduced or gone through committee yet! In effect, Pelosi and the Democrats have declared martial law in the House and their ‘First 100 Hours’ is nothing more then a Democrat blitzkrieg during which no debate, or suggested alteration, will be allowed lest it slow down their unscrupulous assault on parliamentary procedure.

This from the same people who talked about civility, bipartisanship, a ‘Minority Bill of Rights’ and ‘open and honest debate’ being the hallmarks of their tenure in power – a true Trojan Horse if ever there was one.

Unquestionably, this is one of the worst abuses of power I have ever witnessed – greater even than 1988 when Speaker Wright tried rolling two legislative days into one. At least that wasn’t 100 hours long.

I have never been one to object to principled partisanship – in fact, I think there is no better way to govern. But I have always objected to masquerading politicians cloaking themselves in the guise of compromise and cooperation while their true intentions could not be further from the façade they project. Certainly over the course of my experience, I have come to expect nothing less from Pelosi and her cohorts, but the American people have a right to expect something more. The House of Representatives as an institution means more than the newly elected leadership’s first 100 hours, and now is the time for House Republicans to fight for it.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Default Re: Democrats Declare Martial Law

The Democrats new promise is: "A New Direction For America"

The stock market is at a new all-time high and America's 401Ks are back.

A new direction from there means, what?

Unemployment is at 25 year lows.

Oil prices are plummeting.

Taxes are at 20 year lows.

Federal tax revenues are at all-time highs.

The Federal deficit is down almost 50%, just as predicted over last year.

A new direction from there means. What?

Home valuations are up 200% over the past 3.5 years.

Inflation is in check, hovering at 20 year lows.

Not a single terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11/01.

Osama bin Laden is living under a rock in a dark cave, having not surfaced

In years, if he's alive at all, while 95% of Al Queda's top dogs are either

Dead or in custody, cooperating with US Intel.

Several major terrorist attacks already thwarted by US and British Intel,

Including the recent planned attack involving 10 Jumbo Jets being exploded

In mid-air over major US cities in order to celebrate the anniversary of

The 9/11/01 attacks.

Just as President Bush foretold us on a number of occasions, Iraq was to be

made "ground zero" for the war on terrorism -- and just as President Bush

said they would, terrorist cells from all over the region are arriving from

the shadows of their hiding places and flooding into Iraq in order to get

their faces blown off by US Marines rather than boarding planes and heading

to the United States to wage war on us here.

Now let me see, do I have this right? I can expect:

The economy to go South.

Illegals to go North.

Taxes to go Up.

Employment to go Down.

Terrorism to come In.

Tax breaks to go Out.

Social Security to go Away.

Health Care to go the same way gas prices have gone.

But what the hell!

I can gain comfort by knowing that Nancy P, Hillary C, John K, Edward K,

Howard D, Harry R and Obama have worked hard to create a: Comprehensive National Security Plan,

Health Care Plan,

Immigration Reform Plan,

Gay Rights Plan,

Same Sex Marriage Plan,

Abortion On Demand Plan,

Tolerance of Everyone and Everything Plan,

How to Return all Troops to the U.S. in the Next Six Months Plan,

A Get Tough Plan adapted from the French Plan by the Same name,

and a How Everyone Can Become as Wealthy as We Are Plan.

Oh- and I forgot the No More Katrina Storm Plan.

Now I know why I feel good after the elections. I am going to be able to

sleep so much better at nights knowing these dedicated politicians are

thinking of me and my welfare.

Please pass this good news along to all of your friends so they can feel

better too.
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

'IMPEACH!' is message at Nancy Pelosi beach

worldnetdaily ^ | January 7, 2007

More than 1,000 people gathered yesterday at Ocean Beach in San Francisco to spell out the message "IMPEACH!"

"America is a great country," said event organizer Brad Newsham. "But President Bush has betrayed our faith. He misled us into a disastrous war, and is trampling on our Constitution. He has to go. Now. I hope Nancy Pelosi is listening today."

Ocean Beach is located in the congressional district of Pelosi, the new speaker of the House.

The event is being talked about on Internet messageboards with comments including:

We had a lot of fun, felt proud, and met a bunch of really nice people. I told my son we were doing the work of citizens. There's no better way to spend a morning.

I'm impressed and heartened by this event. In this dark era of supposed political apathy, all the good people who made it happen showed the spririt of activism that gives me hope for the future of America.

Impeach Bush and then what? Cheney becomes president. It will take a year to impeach Bush which will leave one year left over with Cheney as president. What did you accomplish? I'd rather have the Dems work on getting us health care, environmental protection and increase sexual and gender education in the schools to put an end to this population out of control. Further, they should open the investigation into the attacks on September 11th and see if Bush was complicit in any way. Then you won't have to worry about impeachment. This was just another San Francisco street event held by wealthy white people that did nothing to change anything. It just felt good for them, which in the end is all that matters to these people.

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

This is from a few days ago: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...100784_pf.html

Quick Passage of First Bills Sought
    By Lyndsey Layton and Juliet Eilperin
    Washington Post Staff Writers
    Tuesday, January 2, 2007; A01

As they prepare to take control of Congress this week and face up to campaign pledges to restore bipartisanship and openness, Democrats are planning to largely sideline Republicans from the first burst of lawmaking.

House Democrats intend to pass a raft of popular measures as part of their well-publicized plan for the first 100 hours. They include tightening ethics rules for lawmakers, raising the minimum wage, allowing more research on stem cells and cutting interest rates on student loans.

But instead of allowing Republicans to fully participate in deliberations, as promised after the Democratic victory in the Nov. 7 midterm elections, Democrats now say they will use House rules to prevent the opposition from offering alternative measures, assuring speedy passage of the bills and allowing their party to trumpet early victories.

snip...

Democratic leaders said they are not going to allow Republican input into the ethics package and other early legislation, because several of the bills have already been debated and dissected, including the proposal to raise the minimum wage, which passed the House Appropriations Committee in the 109th Congress, said Brendan Daly, a spokesman for Pelosi.

"We've talked about these things for more than a year," he said. "The members and the public know what we're voting on. So in the first 100 hours, we're going to pass these bills."

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
    I'm taking America back. Step 1: I'm taking my kids out of the public re-education system. They will no longer have liberal bias and lies like this from bullying teachers when I expect them to be taught reading, writing, and arithmetic:

Thanks

What's unbelievable?

They are a bunch of "Celebrate Diversity" idiots who only want themselves to be heard, seen and known. Worse, if you have an opposing viewpoint, you're a criminal in their eyes. Thus, Freedom of Speech is OK for leftists, but not for anyone on the right.

What's so unbelievable?
    Libertatem Prius!

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Donaldson View Post

Booo stinky, beachgoing hippys... Hooray cluster bombs!

Thanks

The nightmare is that a sacriligious commie is 2 heart beats from the white house.

canto XXV Dante

from purgatory, the lustful... "open your breast to the truth which follows and know that as soon as the articulations in the brain are perfected in the embryo, the first Mover turns to it, happy...."
    Shema Israel

Thread Information