Recently there has been some question as to why I may have removed a few posts made by members here to the North American Union thread in the South of the Border forum. I will address that here hopefully to everyone's satisfaction and answer questions as I'm able to if any should crop up.

First off, you should understand that when we first set out to post a new thread we as members, whether administration or everyday poster, put quite a bit of effort into its formation and material it involves. As people we get a bit of satisfaction to see that thread's popularity as a discussion grow with every contributing member's added material to this discussion. When things get off topic though it can destroy the direction a thread is going. This is extremely unfair to those who were enjoying it in the first place. As an admin my job is to try and keep the flow of these discussions going in the direction they had originally been intended to. When a thead goes off topic it is my job to place it back on path so it can grow or die in it's natural state. So when I encounter a drastic change in topic, whether flame war, trolling, personal information of the members, or even something that would be better suited as it's own thread, then it is necessary to delete those posts. Usually a short quick reason is given as to why.

The moderators and administrators of these forums have all had years of excellent experience in doing this. Every staff member was hand picked and TAA was very lucky to get the ones we have. We've all seen sites where they weren't so lucky. At TAA every staff member is also a contributing member and none of us are above the TOS anymore than the members. This allows for a much friendlier and more approachable atmosphere of unity in our bid to release relevant information to the public at large. Not to mention we have a helluva lot more fun than most sites do. Also... Since the staff here is all voluntary we have no stake other than a belief in what it is we're trying to do here. Which is basically to set up a database of current events and our individual views of those events so that later in society people can refer back to this to see what our hopes, fears, and belief systems were. It's kind of like writing a history book from the perspective of those that are currently living in those times.

So as you can see, (hopefully), keeping a thread on topic is paramount.