Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and other iterations

Thanks

Default Re: Big Foot, Sasquatch, and other iterations

Beetle - HAHAHA! Nice.

I ran smack into a black bear while hiking/camping in the cascades of WA state about 3-4 years ago in the fall. Was wild huckleberry picking up on the ridgeline and apparently so was the bear. I don't know which of us freaked out more, me or the bear.

I rounded a bluff corner and there he was chewing on a huckleberry bush. Was a small guy, he stood up and probably came up to my nose, he was only about 15-20 ft away. I could have under hand tossed my baggie of berries and hit him he was so close.

I froze and held my spot, he gave a startled hop, turn away, stood up after just a step or two and looked back, then ran.

I had no idea bears could run so fast. Thank God he ran away, because I know for a fact there's no way in hell I ever could have out sprinted him for safety. Ran like a horse and sounded like one too.

After my pulse dropped to under 200 and the adrenaline surge passed I gatherd up my gear and headed back to camp. That moment in time is absolutely burned into my memory.

Thanks

Mystery hairs 'may have come from a Yeti'
    The Daily Telegraph ^ | 28 Jul 2008 | staff reporter

The hunt for the elusive creature - said to be 10ft tall, part man, part ape and otherwise known as the Abominable Snowman - has frustrated scientists for decades.

Now tests at Oxford Brookes University on hairs said to be from a Yeti in India have failed to link the strands with any known species.

Ape expert Ian Redmond, who is leading the research, said: "The hairs are the most positive evidence yet that a Yeti might possibly exist.

"It may be that the region this animal is inhabiting is remote enough for it to remain undiscovered so far."

The two hairs - 33mm and 44mm long - were found in a jungle in the mountains of north-east India five years ago.

A forester claimed to seen a Yeti, known locally as mande barung or "forest man", two days in a row breaking branches off trees and eating their sap.

(Excerpt) Read more at telegraph.co.uk ...
    Libertatem Prius!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toad View Post
    Beetle - HAHAHA! Nice.

I ran smack into a black bear while hiking/camping in the cascades of WA state about 3-4 years ago in the fall. Was wild huckleberry picking up on the ridgeline and apparently so was the bear. I don't know which of us freaked out more, me or the bear.

I rounded a bluff corner and there he was chewing on a huckleberry bush. Was a small guy, he stood up and probably came up to my nose, he was only about 15-20 ft away. I could have under hand tossed my baggie of berries and hit him he was so close.

I froze and held my spot, he gave a startled hop, turn away, stood up after just a step or two and looked back, then ran.

I had no idea bears could run so fast. Thank God he ran away, because I know for a fact there's no way in hell I ever could have out sprinted him for safety. Ran like a horse and sounded like one too.

After my pulse dropped to under 200 and the adrenaline surge passed I gatherd up my gear and headed back to camp. That moment in time is absolutely burned into my memory.

That is something Toad. I know I would have been changing my shorts!
    Beetle - Give me liberty or give me something to aim at.

A monster lies in wait for me
    A stew of pain and misery
    But feircer still in life and limb
    the me that lays in wait for him

Hey liberal!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can't handle the truth!

Thanks

I saw this on Fox this morning. Scientists will be letting us know I'm sure...... hair, blood samples appear to have already been given.

Bigfoot Trackers Say They've Got a Body
    Fox News ^ | August 13, 2008

Bigfoot may have been found. Maybe. We'll see.

Two Northern California men and two Georgians say they've got a body, a photo and DNA evidence pertaining to the elusive forest-dwelling man-ape — and that they'll reveal all at a press conference in Palo Alto, Calif., on Friday.

"I think you'll find that this is the real deal," Robert Barrows of Redwood City, Calif., told the Bay City News local wire service.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

They had their conference today....
    Last edited by Malsua; August 15th, 2008 at 19:13.

Thanks

I'd like to slap the shit out of Sheppard Smith too.

I think I've mentioned this before.

He cut off the conference with rude, obnoxious statements.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

"back to something more serious"

Jerk, heh.

Thanks

I just flipped over to a different stream but I can't take that second guy, had to turn it off.

Thanks

Was there ANY indication they've given hair and dna samples?

Until they do, this is nonsense.

Show us the facts, put up or shut up.

Sure if they have a REAL body they are gonna be a bit on the "sneaky side" - but I'm telling you if this is a hoax... it's in my opinion a criminal offense. Disorderly conduct AT LEAST.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

I read that DNA came back as Human and Opossum.

Thanks

Jimmy Hoffa

Thanks

Bigfoot Body Revealed to Be Halloween Costume
    Fox News ^ | August 19, 2008

So it really was a rubber suit.

The excitement over a supposed Bigfoot body that built all last week, culminating Friday in a circus-like press conference in Palo Alto, Calif., collapsed like a wet soufflé over the weekend as an independent investigator found out it was all fake.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Bigfoot tricksters blame hoax on promoter

Middleman has filed theft complaint against the men

By KATHY JEFCOATS
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Thursday, August 21, 2008
    Two Clayton County men who “punk’d” the world with a bogus Bigfoot discovery were pawns of a promoter who promised them books and movie deals, the pair’s attorney said Friday.
    Now that Matt Whitton and Rick Dyer have walked away with $50,000, a purported middleman is out the money, and promoter Tom Biscardi of California is left holding a Halloween costume filled with road kill, the public may be wondering if the tail is now wagging the dog.
    Enlarge this image
    Associated Press
    Rick Dyer (left) and Matthew Whitton answer questions during a news conference Aug. 15 in Palo Alto, Calif., to announce what they claimed was a deceased Bigfoot in their possession.

Enlarge this image
    searchingforbigfoot.com
    The frozen, furry object turned out to be a Halloween costume.

RELATED
    Photos: Georgia's not-so-proud moments
    Searching for Bigfoot group to sue Georgia hoaxers
    Clayton police officer fired over Bigfoot hoax

A police report filed Thursday by an Indiana man who said he fronted the $50,000 on behalf of Biscardi alleges Whitton and Dyer took the money “by deceitful means” in exchange for the frozen carcass of a Bigfoot-like creature they claimed to have found in north Georgia.
    But the men’s attorney, Steve Lister of Jonesboro, said the money was for publicizing the alleged find that Biscardi knew to be fabricated.
    “My clients were paid a promotional fee,” Lister said. “This started out as fun for them. Now they are caught in the middle of damage control by the ‘big’ Bigfoot. That’s what this is.”
    Biscardi did not return a phone call Friday asking for comment.
    Lister said his clients will cooperate with police.
    “These guys haven’t done anything wrong,” Lister said. “They did what they were supposed to do – Biscardi told them to create the body – but it fell apart. They are ready for this to go away now.”
    Lister declined to make his clients available for comment now that an investigation is pending, and said he doesn’t know what became of the $50,000. “They didn’t give it to their attorney, I can tell you that,” he said.
    Whitton, hailed as a hero last month when he was shot by a robbery suspect, lost his six-year job with Clayton Police Department because of the hoax.
    Dyer worked as a state corrections officer 2004-2006 but now drives a truck for Big Foot Towing Co. of Forest Park and sells used cars online.
    Neither man is talking to the media since a WSB-TV report Wednesday in which they admitted to the hoax and expressed disbelief that the public actually bought the story.
    Little is known about Whitton, 28, beyond the fact he was a Clayton police officer. Police said his personnel file and four closed Internal Affairs investigation files will be available next week.
    The Georgia Department of Corrections has not yet responded to an open records request for Dyer’s personnel file.
    A search of Clayton court records paints a picture of Dyer, 31, as someone plagued by financial struggles.
    Records show an auto finance company won a default judgment against Dyer in 2001 for more than $15,000.
    According to a child-support complaint filed by his ex-wife in 2004, Dyer went AWOL from the U.S. Army in June 2002 and was discharged in January 2004.
    In July 2006, a customer won a default judgment against Dyer in Clayton Magistrate Court after claiming Dyer sold him a “broken” 1984 Chevrolet Corvette for $3,800.
    Dyer faces an open complaint in the same court alleging a debt of several thousand dollars.
    Other demands for money were dismissed in three separate suits, records show.
    Clayton police took a theft complaint report Thursday from Indiana investor William Wald Lett Jr., who said he fronted the $50,000 as a favor to Biscardi. Lett told police he expected Biscardi to pay him $50,000 plus $25,000 interest in 90 days.
    After the hoax was revealed, Lett said he immediately tried to get the money back from Whitton and Dyer. Clayton police Capt. Greg Dickens said Friday the complaint is a pending investigation.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metr...eft_claim.html

Thanks

lol

OMG they defrauded the group of 50K. They DID do something wrong. they KNOWINGLY did this, based on some publishers recommendations? He's guilty too.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Bigfoot hunters claim they have footprint
    WOAI radio ^ | 5/28/09 | (none given) They say they have a cast of a footprint 5 inches wide and 15 inches long.
    A group of Bigfoot hunters claim to have found footprints and heard calls of the legendary creature in Oklahoma.

About 30 people spent Memorial Day weekend on a Bigfoot hunt in the Kiamichi Mountains in the southeastern part of the state, the Tulsa World reports. They say they have a cast of a footprint 5 inches wide and 15 inches long.

"The toes were clearly visible on the cast after it was lifted up," said D.W. Lee, director of the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center.

Bigfoot or Sasquatch is described as a large human-like creature. While sightings are most frequent along the Pacific Coast, especially in California and Washington, reports have come in from Pennsylvania, New York, Florida and many other states and several Canadian provinces.

Lee described Bigfoot "vocalizations" as imitation bird calls, including whippoorwills and owls, the newspaper reported. He said one searcher was hit by a rock just after someone had spotted two large animals.

Over many decades, Bigfoot hunters have failed to come up with evidence to convince non-believers.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

'Montauk Monster' Mystery May Have Been Solved

Friday, June 05, 2009

Gawker Media

The original, possibly roasted, Montauk Monster.

Has the Montauk Monster mystery finally been solved?
    FOXNews.com readers will remember the story that gripped the nation last summer — a stinking, hairless carcass washed up on the beach in Montauk, N.Y., part of the Hamptons vacation area.

Some speculated it was an escaped mutant from a government lab. Others thought it was an alien. A few suggested it might be a dog or raccoon.
    Now one man has come forward, or at least his friend has, to claim it was all the work of him and his buddies.

"I was one of those guys behind that Montauk monster thing last summer," the unnamed individual told blogger Drew Grant over lunch Wednesday.

He then related a tale of finding a dead raccoon in the sand on nearby Shelter Island in late June 2008.

Being young men on vacation, they put the animal on an inflatable child's swim duck, along with a lot of other debris. Then they set it on fire and pushed it out to sea.

"This creature was honored with a Viking funeral, not merely exploited for crass entertainment," the anonymous raccoon undertaker insisted.

"In the interest of full disclosure," he added, "this did happen shortly after a waterboarding endurance competition, and just before a clothespins-on-your-genitals challenge."

About two weeks later, the Montauk Monster was found around the other side of Long Island's South Fork.

Drew Grant's blog, which has a not-safe-for-work name we won't repeat, provides helpful photographic evidence of said raccoon Viking funeral.

No word on any link to this year's Montauk Monster, which has not attained the same level of celebrity.
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Default Re: Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and other iterations

Bigfoot and Yeti DNA Study Gets Serious

A call is out for supposed Big Foot material so university scientists can do genetic testing.

Tue May 22, 2012 02:18 PM ET
    Content provided by Jeanna Bryner, LiveScience Managing Editor
    (1) Comments | Leave a Comment

THE GIST
    • Scientists have requested that cryptozoologists send them material supposedly from cryptic species.
    • They plan to conduct genetic analysis of the material.
    • The call is a challenge to those who claim that science simply rejects such claims.

enlarge
    An artist's interpretation of Bigfoot. Click to enlarge this image.
    Karl Tate, LiveScience Infographic Artist

A new university-backed project aims to investigate cryptic species such as the yeti whose existence is unproven, through genetic testing.

Researchers from Oxford University and the Lausanne Museum of Zoology are asking anyone with a collection of cryptozoological material to submit descriptions of it. The researchers will then ask for hair and other samples for genetic identification.

"I'm challenging and inviting the cryptozoologists to come up with the evidence instead of complaining that science is rejecting what they have to say," said geneticist Bryan Sykes of the University of Oxford.

PHOTOS: Rate the Bigfoot Evidence in These Images

While Sykes doesn't expect to find solid evidence of a yeti or Bigfoot monster, he says he is keeping an open mind and hopes to identify perhaps 20 of the suspect samples. Along the way, he'd be happy if he found some unknown species. (Rumor or Reality: The Creatures of Cryptozoology)
    "It would be wonderful if one or more turned out to be species we don't know about, maybe primates, maybe even collateral hominids," Sykes told LiveScience. Such hominids would include Neanderthals or Denosivans, a mysterious hominin species that lived in Siberia 40,000 years ago.

"That would be the optimal outcome," Sykes said.

The project is called the Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project. It is being led by Sykes and Michel Sartori of the zoology museum.

NEWS: New Bigfoot Sightings: Proof Still Lacking

Origin of a Legend

The story of a big hairy monster of the Himalayas stomped into popular culture in 1951, when British mountaineer Eric Shipton returned from a Mount Everest expedition with photographs of giant footprints in the snow.

The cryptic creature goes by many names in many places: yeti or migoi in the Himalayas, Bigfoot or sasquatch in the United States and Canada, respectively; almasty in the Caucasus Mountains; orag pendek in Sumatra. (Infographic: Tracking Belief in Bigfoot)

And while reports of such creatures have abounded around the world since then, there is no real proof they exist; the reports inevitably turn out to be of a civet, bear or other known beast.

Yeti hairs

Sykes doesn't want to start receiving loads of skin, hair and other samples haphazardly, so he is asking people to send detailed descriptions of their "yeti" samples.

Once he and his colleagues have looked over the details — including physical descriptions of the sample (even photographs), its origin and ideas about the likely species it belongs to — they will send a sampling kit for those that are deemed suitable for study.

"As an academic I have certain reservations about entering this field, but I think using genetic analysis is entirely objective; it can't be falsified," Sykes said. "So I don't have to put myself into the position of either believing or disbelieving these creatures."

One theory about the yeti is that it belongs to small relic populations of other hominids, such as Neanderthals or Denisovans. While Sykes said this idea is unlikely to be proven true, "if you don't look, you won't find it."

The collection phase of the project will run through September, with genetic testing following that through November. After that, Sykes said, they will write up the results for publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal; this would be the first such publication of cryptozoology results, he said.

"Several things I've done in my career have seemed impossible and stupid when contemplated, but have impressive results," Sykes said. When he set out to find DNA from ancient human remains, for instance, he thought, "It's never going to work." It did, and he published the first report of DNA from ancient human bones in the journal Nature in 1989.

More From LiveScience.com

Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

'Bigfoot' DNA Sequenced In Upcoming Genetics Study

Five-Year Genome Study At DNA Diagnostics Yields Evidence of Homo sapiens/Unknown Hominin Hybrid Species in North America

Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 24, 2012
    A team of scientists can verify that their 5-year long DNA study, currently under peer-review, confirms the existence of a novel hominin hybrid species, commonly called “Bigfoot” or “Sasquatch,” living in North America. Researchers’ extensive DNA sequencing suggests that the legendary Sasquatch is a human relative that arose approximately 15,000 years ago as a hybrid cross of modern Homo sapiens with an unknown primate species.
    The study was conducted by a team of experts in genetics, forensics, imaging and pathology, led by Dr. Melba S. Ketchum of Nacogdoches, TX. In response to recent interest in the study, Dr. Ketchum can confirm that her team has sequenced 3 complete Sasquatch nuclear genomes and determined the species is a human hybrid:
    “Our study has sequenced 20 whole mitochondrial genomes and utilized next generation sequencing to obtain 3 whole nuclear genomes from purported Sasquatch samples. The genome sequencing shows that Sasquatch mtDNA is identical to modern Homo sapiens, but Sasquatch nuDNA is a novel, unknown hominin related to Homo sapiens and other primate species. Our data indicate that the North American Sasquatch is a hybrid species, the result of males of an unknown hominin species crossing with female Homo sapiens.
    Hominins are members of the taxonomic grouping Hominini, which includes all members of the genus Homo. Genetic testing has already ruled out Homo neanderthalis and the Denisova hominin as contributors to Sasquatch mtDNA or nuDNA. “The male progenitor that contributed the unknown sequence to this hybrid is unique as its DNA is more distantly removed from humans than other recently discovered hominins like the Denisovan individual,” explains Ketchum.
    “Sasquatch nuclear DNA is incredibly novel and not at all what we had expected. While it has human nuclear DNA within its genome, there are also distinctly non-human, non-archaic hominin, and non-ape sequences. We describe it as a mosaic of human and novel non-human sequence. Further study is needed and is ongoing to better characterize and understand Sasquatch nuclear DNA.”
    Ketchum is a veterinarian whose professional experience includes 27 years of research in genetics, including forensics. Early in her career she also practiced veterinary medicine, and she has previously been published as a participant in mapping the equine genome. She began testing the DNA of purported Sasquatch hair samples 5 years ago.
    Ketchum calls on public officials and law enforcement to immediately recognize the Sasquatch as an indigenous people:
    “Genetically, the Sasquatch are a human hybrid with unambiguously modern human maternal ancestry. Government at all levels must recognize them as an indigenous people and immediately protect their human and Constitutional rights against those who would see in their physical and cultural differences a ‘license’ to hunt, trap, or kill them.”
    Full details of the study will be presented in the near future when the study manuscript publishes.
    ###
    Dr. Ketchum is available for interview or to answer further questions about the Sasquatch genome study and associated research on novel contemporary hominins at media(at)dnadiagnostics(dot)com
    Libertatem Prius!

Thanks

Does this image show TWO Bigfoot creatures? Woodsman photographed 'moving beast' in Pennsylvania… but there is no sign of it now

• Woodsman spots what appears to be two creatures lurking in the woods
    • He said creature was bigger than a bear with a different body shape
    • But when he returned to the exact spot there was no sign of them
    • It comes as researchers say they have DNA proof Bigfoot is real

By Daniel Miller
    PUBLISHED: 06:52 EST, 2 October 2013 | UPDATED: 10:09 EST, 2 October 2013

You wait years for a decent sighting of the legendary ape-like creature known as Bigfoot, and then two come along at once.

The fascinating photographs, taken just two weeks ago near Bradford, Pennsylvania, appear to show a pair of Bigfoots, or perhaps that should be Bigfeet, wandering through the trees.

Keen hiker John Stoneman claims he spotted the seven-foot-tall beasts just yards from a main road through trees in Kinzua State Park.

Bigfeet? This image, taken just two weeks ago near Bradford, Pennsylvania, is believed to show two of the mysterious creatures known as Bigfoot wandering through the woods

Apeman: A close up shows one of the 'beasts' spotted just yards from a main road through trees in Kinzua State Park

Lurking: The fascinating photographs were taken by keen hiker John Stoneman who was on his way home with his girlfriend from a festival with his girlfriend when the pair spotted the mysterious shape moving in the forest

Mr Stoneman, 57, had been returning from the Kinzua Bridge Fall Festival with his girlfriend when the pair saw the mysterious shape moving in the forest.

He quickly grabbed his camera and fired off these shots as they slowed the car down and edged along the road.

More...

Traffic backing-up behind his vehicle forced John to move on but not before he got what he believes is some of the best evidence yet of the existence of the legendary North American creature.

Evidence? The new photographs will fuel the debate on whether the legendary creature actually exists

Mr Stoneman, from Bradford, PA, said: 'I'm a sceptic myself, I'm not a believer, but this was not a bear and you can see fur on it.

'It's wider at the shoulders and tapers down whereas a bear is bigger in the middle and stands differently with its paws out, this was standing like a man, like a Bigfoot.

'At first some people have discredited it and said it's just a root ball at the bottom of a fallen tree, but I've been back to the exact spot and there is no root ball there.

'We do have black bears, but they are considerably smaller than this, it was standing about seven-foot tall.'

The day before the sighting John said there had been a 'Bigfoot calling contest' organised as part of the bridge festival - an event held annually in the area to commemorate an old viaduct destroyed by a tornado.

He said: "This was 200 yards from the road, it was too narrow for me to be able to pull over without stopping traffic but I got as many pictures as I could.

'I actually dropped the camera casing so I couldn't see what I had got until I got home and put them on my computer, I was surprised at what I saw.

'I looks more like a bigfoot than anything else, I've already had organisations asking me to send them copies for verification.'
    Mr Stoneman - who is a member of the local outdoor pursuits group Allegheny Outdoor Adventures - said he had never seen anything like it in the woods before.
    Proof Bigfoot is real? Team unveils results of FIVE YEARS of...

Location: Outdoorsman John Stoneman standing in the spot he saw strange 'creature'

The quiet spot where the two 'bigfoots' were seen. Photographer John Stoneman fired off several shots. He said he was 'surprised' when he arrived home and saw the pictures close up

He said: 'This area is known for Bigfoot sightings but this is the first time I have seen anything like this, I am in the woods every week, I hunt and go hiking.

'I went back to the exact spot where it had been and there was nothing there, just years and years of leaves on the floor.'

It comes as researchers told a new conference in Texas that they have proof Big foot is real and have even collected DNA samples.

The Sasquatch Genome Project has spent $500,000 on collecting data and evidence over the past five years.

Bigfoot, also known as sasquatch, is the name given to an ape-like creature that some people believe inhabits forests, mainly in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. Bigfoot is usually described as a large, hairy, bipedal humanoid.

In 1951 American Eric Shipton photographed what he described as a Yeti footprint beginning a spate of 'sightings' and print finds throughout the 20th and 21st century.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2gaKs4lDz
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Creepy Ass Cracka & Site Owner Ryan Ruck's Avatar
    Thanks

I saw bigfoot while I was sniping at some angry meth dealers in the woods on Grand Theft Auto 5. Spotted him with a thermal scope and was about to take a shot on him when he disappeared.

Thread Information